2013 NFL Whipping Post

Baseball, Basketball, Footbal, Soccer, Curling, Poker, ect...

Moderators: Lord Mhoram, StevieG, hierachy

SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

I hate seeing the Falcons losing a game but losing to the Saints always sucs. I hope the Falcons learned from this. Our O-line needs to protect Matt Ryan cause he can't throw from his back. Why oh why did they go with Quizz over Jackson when you need short yards and he has gotten yardage with every carry. Then you bring in Jackson and throw. We got this guy for just this situation and then don't use him in this situation. Last.. when we throw the ball to Jackson in a crunch situation and it bounces off his hands.....

BAh.. bring on the next game!
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
Rawedge Rim
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Rawedge Rim »

That stench you are experiencing is wafting from Everbank Field, where the Jaguars obviously did not come to play.
“One accurate measurement is worth a
thousand expert opinions.”
- Adm. Grace Hopper

"Whenever you dream, you're holding the key, it opens the the door to let you be free" ..RJD
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

I'm in shock that the Titans spotted Pittsburg 2 points (only the 2nd dumbest play of week 1) and still won the game 16-9.
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

New Year, new coaches, new players, same old Browns.
Wide Eyed Stupid
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

The Bucs managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, in one of the few games I thought they'd win.
Dandelion don't tell no lies
Dandelion will make you wise
Tell me if she laughs or cries
Blow away dandelion

I'm afraid there's no denying
I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

:hobbes: *

* This post carries Jay's seal of approval
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

lots of idiotic mistakes by players this week. seems coaching isn't really needed by millionaires?
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Patriots did not look good last night. They squeaked out a win 13/10 against a team that gave them 3 INT's and a fumble recovery while using an untried QB.
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
Rawedge Rim
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Rawedge Rim »

SoulBiter wrote:Patriots did not look good last night. They squeaked out a win 13/10 against a team that gave them 3 INT's and a fumble recovery while using an untried QB.
I'll trade you one Tom Brady for both Chad Henne and Blaine Gabbert :twisted:
- Adm. Grace Hopper

"Whenever you dream, you're holding the key, it opens the the door to let you be free" ..RJD
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Rawedge Rim wrote:That stench you are experiencing is wafting from Everbank Field, where the Jaguars obviously did not come to play.
Found this on the Falcons board. Predictions for this weeks games:
Even though it is 72 degrees and completely clear, the Jacksonville Jaguars and Oakland Raiders game is delayed 33 minutes after it is announced that there is lightning in the area. When questioned by local media, Raiders Head Coach Dennis Allen says that he and Jaguars Head Coach Gus Bradley made the joint decision in an effort to give the fans "at least 33 minutes of enjoyment at the game".
:haha:
Rawedge Rim
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Rawedge Rim »

SoulBiter wrote:
Rawedge Rim wrote:That stench you are experiencing is wafting from Everbank Field, where the Jaguars obviously did not come to play.
Found this on the Falcons board. Predictions for this weeks games:
Even though it is 72 degrees and completely clear, the Jacksonville Jaguars and Oakland Raiders game is delayed 33 minutes after it is announced that there is lightning in the area. When questioned by local media, Raiders Head Coach Dennis Allen says that he and Jaguars Head Coach Gus Bradley made the joint decision in an effort to give the fans "at least 33 minutes of enjoyment at the game".
:haha:
at least more time to down a few more brews to numb the pain :twisted:
- Adm. Grace Hopper

Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

On paper, there's no reason the Ravens can't repeat. In reality, if their receivers can't catch the ball, it's going to be a long season. At least Flacco looked good.

Thanks to their awful division, the Pats will continue to be a contender.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Falcons vs Rams. Falcons O-line finally shored up and looked good against a Rams defense that some consider to be one of the best in the league. However another glaring issue stood out. Depth. Falcons were blowing out the RAMs 24 to 3 but by the half were down 6 starters. 4 defensive and 2 offensive including RB Steven Jackson. The second half was manageable but what should have been a blow out ended up being closer than it should have been. Update -Kroy Bierman and Bradie Ewing are both out for the season.

Seattle totally dominated SF in the birds stadium. SF it seems is playing bi-polar. When they are winning they look really good, when they are losing they lose really bad. Not sure what the issue was. I will watch the highlight reels tonight and see what happened.

RGIII is not recovered from last year and they are playing him too early. 'Skins are getting blown out. If you watch he is throwing from his front leg and staying in the pocket. The problem is that his O is built for play action on the QB.

Ravens barely squeaked a win against the Browns. As Cail said above, they look good on paper but something isnt gel'ing with them. Yeah they won....but the team from last year would have dominated the Browns.

Manning game. As usual, you get Eli on the ropes and he starts making high risk throws which turn into interceptions. Broncos look better this year than last and will be in the mix. Giants are in for a hard year but they are one of those teams that you can never count out until they are out.
Last edited by SoulBiter on Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

lots of close games this weekend.

Saints snatch a win at the last possible moment.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

sgt.null wrote:lots of close games this weekend.

Saints snatch a win at the last possible moment.
Thanks to the Bucs defense, the game was theirs to lose. Thanks to penalties and lackluster offense, the Bucs did just that.
Dandelion don't tell no lies
Dandelion will make you wise
Tell me if she laughs or cries
Blow away dandelion

I'm afraid there's no denying
I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

:hobbes: *

* This post carries Jay's seal of approval
Rawedge Rim
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Rawedge Rim »

and my Jags are looking like everyone's sure pick for the "L" column.
- Adm. Grace Hopper

Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

Yes, RR. For the coming weekend's game, your Jags are likely to come away with a loss...both on the field and in their hearing. This is not a good place to be a road team.

Still, the Jags may shine just by doing better than the sad sacks who just finished getting mauled here.
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

countdown to the Jags becoming desperate enough to sign Tim Tebow?
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Mr. Broken
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Mr. Broken »

This is a sad day for me , but it's been a long time coming. I'm officially done , with the Browns, and American professional football all together. I can no longer offer commentary on something that I will not be following. Unless someone else wants to take it over this will be the last season for this thread, I can't take anymore .
Wide Eyed Stupid
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Sorry to hear that. I hope as the season progresses you find your love of football again. I, for one, love it. When the season is over I cant wait for the next season to start.
Cybrweez
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cybrweez »

Mr. Broken, maybe you can now actually enjoy football. The more I distance myself from the Eagles, I can enjoy just watching games. I'm not quite there yet, but a new coach for Philly w/same results (defense sux, can't tackle, and run McCoy 30 times - win, next week 11 times, lose) helps me get closer to releasing them.

The Richardson deal is amazing tho, for reality and fantasy. Big shakeup. It will help the colts, no doubt. Their defense tho is still a problem.

Seahawks are legit, and if they have home field in playoffs, super bowl w/o a doubt. Nasty defense (yes, they have all been suspended or implicated for roids, but who doesn't take any in NFL??)
--Andy

"Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur."
Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound.

I believe in the One who says there is life after this.
Now tell me how much more open can my mind be?

Return to “Sports”