TLD release is soon and no news about it from SRD?

Book 4 of the Last Chronicles of Thomas Covenant

Moderators: Savor Dam, High Lord Tolkien, ussusimiel

seljo
Servant of the Land

TLD release is soon and no news about it from SRD?

Post by seljo »

Anyone else find it odd that here we are less than three weeks from (presumed) release date and SRD hasn't posted anything about it. Nothing confirming release date or book tours or ... anything.

I know he's painfully shy, but this is the last one -- the final hurrah... I was expecting a bit more... buzz.
Akasri
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Akasri »

Yeah, I was kind of surprised too. After spending decades writing this story, you'd think he would say *something* :)
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

SRD hates book tours, and didn't tour at all with the release of AATE, so I'm not surprised by that. It's really the publisher's place to market a book prior to release, and Penguin has been shitty about supporting the Last Chronicles, so I'm not surprised about that either.
seljo
Servant of the Land

Post by seljo »

SRD hates book tours, and didn't tour at all with the release of AATE, so I'm not surprised by that. It's really the publisher's place to market a book prior to release
Oh, I know book tours are hard for SRD (although he does a great book signing event). Although, as I remember, the reason he didn't do one for the last book was because he was too busy on the next book and he told the publishers he couldn't/wouldn't do it (I may be remembering wrong).

And I know that publishers are responsible for marketing and book tours etc and the authors have very little to do with whether and where book tours will be.

Still -- I'm still surprised that there's not a peep.
Niftium
Woodhelvennin

Post by Niftium »

Until recently, I was looking for updates every day myself. But, for him, the whole saga was finished when he turned in the final MS. How it sells, how it's reviewed - that's really all just icing on the cake. Important & delicious icing, but icing nonetheless.
Belbo
Servant of the Land

Interview!

Post by Belbo »

Yay, he's still with us! A nice (if brief) interview is now up at SFRevu. 8)

It doesn't seem significantly spoilery, but there is a link to a full (positive) review of TLD as well.
dlbpharmd
Lord

Re: Interview!

Post by dlbpharmd »

Belbo wrote:Yay, he's still with us! A nice (if brief) interview is now up at SFRevu. 8)

It doesn't seem significantly spoilery, but there is a link to a full (positive) review of TLD as well.
Thanks for the link!

Return to “The Last Dark”