26%
Some one else (post below)
26%

Total votes: 19

dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Seareach wrote:
I'm Murrin wrote:I anticipate some abstract line art depiction of clouds/wind. Since the last three covers were trees, mountains, and the sea. ;)
LOL! Yeah, dlb, you forgot about the UK covers! :) I think maybe stars for that one. :)
Meh, those don't count. ;)
Seareach
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seareach »

dlbpharmd wrote:
Seareach wrote:I don't think it would be Jeremiah, Covenant or Linden. The covers have used lesser characters. Stave maybe. But, yeah...I think no one on your list. :)
You wouldn't happen to have any inside info, would you?
No, I haven't heard anything about the covers. Then again, if I did I wouldn't be able to tell you that I did and I certainly wouldn't be giving any hints if I did and...you get the idea ;)
Queen Christine
Stonedownor

Post by Queen Christine »

I voted for Covenant just because TLD will be the final book of the series. But something tells me it will be Jeremiah.

My dream cover would be a collage of characters which features Covenant, Linden, Jeremiah, Stave, Coldspray, Mahrtiir and a Ranyhyn, and then having Foul, Kasty, and a sandgorgon in the background.
“In accepting a gift you honor the giver.” - Baradakas
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

Are you familiar with Frostheart's cartoon?
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
Queen Christine
Stonedownor

Post by Queen Christine »

I actually had found the art section today while looking around! And I am in love with Frostheart's The Last Dark! That is just an amazingly detailed piece of work. I love the Giants especially!

Her version of SWMNBN was stunning as well.
“In accepting a gift you honor the giver.” - Baradakas
Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Frostheart Grueburn »

:lol: I was going to ask the same thing...that began to sound all too familiar. Glad you liked them. :D

Probably going to start sketching a realistic alt cover featuring Rime somewhat in the style of Palencar's prior works to match the set, although without the obligatory moon and tree, what with the Worm having snacked the former for brunch. I've been fanficcing about her so much as of late that she screams for some serious art in any case.
SkurjMaster
<i>Elohim</i>

Cover

Post by SkurjMaster »

What would everyone think if no human character was on the cover? Maybe simply the ring and the staff? Didn't someone already suggest two white gold rings?
Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

[deleted]
Last edited by Frostheart Grueburn on Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

Well never mind, then. :roll:

If someone responds to your request post with a couple of hours of work, the basic measure of politeness is to at least say thank you, not hop over the matter as if it were empty air.
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Seareach wrote:I don't think it would be Jeremiah, Covenant or Linden. The covers have used lesser characters. Stave maybe. But, yeah...I think no one on your list. :)
Good call, Seareach!
Billy G.
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Billy G. »

I still think it was a lame last cover. He should have been ur-Mahrtiir after his transformation!
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

Billy, it seems to me that such a cover might give too much away. As it was, this cover was a very strong hint toward certain developments. Covers ought not spoil the book content overly, and Palencar was already riding that line.
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Savor Dam wrote:Billy, it seems to me that such a cover might give too much away. As it was, this cover was a very strong hint toward certain developments. Covers ought not spoil the book content overly, and Palencar was already riding that line.
IMO, he crossed it.
Billy G.
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Billy G. »

dlbpharmd wrote:
Savor Dam wrote:Billy, it seems to me that such a cover might give too much away. As it was, this cover was a very strong hint toward certain developments. Covers ought not spoil the book content overly, and Palencar was already riding that line.
IMO, he crossed it.
You're right Savor Dam, I didn't think of that. And now that I look at the cover again, the tree looks a lot like a willow to me. So dlbpharmd, you have a point, too!

Return to “The Last Dark”