Nom's Garden [completed]

A place to discuss the books in the FC and SC. *Please Note* No LC spoilers allowed in this forum. Do so in the forum below.

Moderators: kevinswatch, Orlion

wayfriend

Nom's Garden [completed]

Post by wayfriend »

I've posted a piece of fan fiction based on the Chronicles (well, half of a piece) in the Hall of Gifts. I hope that you find it and enjoy it. And comment on it.

There is nothing in the story that is a spoiler if you haven't read the Final Chronicles.

One of the goals of this work is to pose plausible explanations to many things about Sandgorgons and Nom in particular which the Second Chronicles leaves a mystery. I aspire to entertain by doing so.
Last edited by wayfriend on Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jacob Raver, sinTempter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by jacob Raver, sinTempter »

I'm impressed. I like your sentence pacing. I tend to add too much into a sentence. Your writing is more...patient. Thanx for the read.
Sunshine Music
Deep Music
"I'm gonna eat your brains and gain your knowledge." - Tony Block, Planet Terror
Blackhawk
Bloodguard

Post by Blackhawk »

Thanks for the continuation of NOM, Good story ..and cant wait for part 2

it would be nice if SRD or his publishers allowed expansions (officially) I would buy this if it were in a book of short stories.

Thanks again..

BH
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

I've finally completed this story. I've posted it over here in the Hall of Gifts. I decided to put both parts together, so that it can be read all at once.

There is nothing in the story that is a spoiler if you haven't read the Final Chronicles. In fact, I finished the first draft of the second part the day before Final Dark came out.
fifacoins

Post by fifacoins »

Perhaps a "sorry" muttered in a crowd?

a curt "wrong number" caught in the receiver?

but I know the answer.

No, they don't remember.
-------------------------------------------
old school runescape gold and runescape 07 gold
iQuestor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by iQuestor »

wayfriend wrote:I've finally completed this story. I've posted it over here in the Hall of Gifts. I decided to put both parts together, so that it can be read all at once.

There is nothing in the story that is a spoiler if you haven't read the Final Chronicles. In fact, I finished the first draft of the second part the day before Final Dark came out.
Oh, great. now I have to finish mine, too. :D
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

iQuestor wrote:Oh, great. now I have to finish mine, too. :D
Please. It is sincerely anticipated, as was the recent fruition of Nom's Garden.
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
iQuestor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by iQuestor »

Savor Dam wrote:
iQuestor wrote:Oh, great. now I have to finish mine, too. :D
Please. It is sincerely anticipated, as was the recent fruition of Nom's Garden.
I've started and scrapped several times. I know the last part, and it breaks my heart to write it, as stupid as that sounds. And I want to do it justice. The seareach mission, and their fate, and the fate of the Vow deserves respect and it deserves to be told, in my opinion.

So, its now in progress again. I think there will be an ever so slight revision to the first part to incorporate what I want to convey with it.

And CONGRATS Wayfriend of finishing Nom's garden. I intend to read it tonight.
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

iQ: Do what you need to finish it. Don't rush it. But allow yourself call it done when it's done, don't hone forever. Find time and JDI!
mcnpauls
Stonedownor

Post by mcnpauls »

I really think Nom's Garden is a truly impressive piece of work. Well done, indeed.

Return to “The First and Second Chronicles of Thomas Covenant”