"The Last Dark" trailer

Main forum for site announcements, suggestions, and help.

Moderators: Savor Dam, Vain

Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Worked without any finagling for me on firefox...
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

What? You watched the trailer?

I thought you utterly embargoed all things that might give you insight into TLD until you had the actual book...
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
Romeo
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Romeo »

Orlion wrote:AAAAHHH! It's not working for me!
Did you get it working? Try updating your Flash player at HTTP://WWW.adobe.com/downloads.
And then the ravens pecked out his eyes.
Romeo
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Romeo »

Oh - and check to make sure you don't have pop-ups blocked.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Savor Dam wrote:What? You watched the trailer?

I thought you utterly embargoed all things that might give you insight into TLD until you had the actual book...
The trailer gives away nothing, IMO.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Um... really? TC listing stuff he's done that we know we haven't seen yet in the first three books isn't giving away things?
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

More to the point, you could not possibly know whether / what the trailer might reveal until you saw it. To say after the fact that it gave away nothing is rather like Pandora saying "I opened the box, but it's OK...nothing came out."

Murrin is correct, though; there are revelations.

I'm just surprised you looked, given your stated attitude toward any advance knowledge.
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

I can't see it, either. :( I suspect my stupid work computer doesn't have Flash installed, and they won't let me install it on my own. I'll have to watch it tonight at home...

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Savor Dam wrote:More to the point, you could not possibly know whether / what the trailer might reveal until you saw it. To say after the fact that it gave away nothing is rather like Pandora saying "I opened the box, but it's OK...nothing came out."

Murrin is correct, though; there are revelations.
If there are revelations, they're soaring past me, which is good.
Savor Dam wrote:I'm just surprised you looked, given your stated attitude toward any advance knowledge.
Nah. I had looked at the trailer for AATE when it came out as well, and feel as though nothing was spoilered. Figured it would be the same with this one.
Romeo
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Romeo »

I always try hard to tease without spoiling. :-)
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

I really am confused, and I just do not see anything new revealed.

*shrug*

That said, it is probably just me; so if you haven't seen it, way, don't choose to do so on my word that there isn't anything there that I consider spoilers.
oktophonie
Servant of the Land

Post by oktophonie »

Simon Smith is indeed a Watcher! and I'm very grateful to John/Romeo for asking me to put some noises together for the trailer.
Being a typical composer not only did I take far too long to do it but also got carried away and made something far too long that doesn't necessarily fit the initial requirements, but he still managed to make it work :)

Those who are curious (especially any brave cellists) can see the score here:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/256 ... 20Dark.pdf
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

Menolly wrote:I really am confused, and I just do not see anything new revealed.

*shrug*

That said, it is probably just me; so if you haven't seen it, way, don't choose to do so on my word that there isn't anything there that I consider spoilers.
there is a reveal in the trailer that is just kind of a tease...but combined with reading the chapter it announces the outcome of that tease, though without saying anything about when/how it happens.
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Vraith wrote:
Menolly wrote:I really am confused, and I just do not see anything new revealed.

*shrug*

there is a reveal in the trailer that is just kind of a tease...but combined with reading the chapter it announces the outcome of that tease, though without saying anything about when/how it happens.
ah.

But I have chosen not to read the chapter, so perhaps even the tease is soaring past me. Which would be a good thing. :)
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

Indeed. It was interesting to hear how Menolly attributed each of the events in the teased quote to prior events in the Chrons. Her reasoning was credible, but...all will be clear this fall.
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

~ Barbara Reinhold

~ George Bernard Shaw
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Savor Dam wrote:It was interesting to hear how Menolly attributed each of the events in the teased quote to prior events in the Chrons. Her reasoning was credible, but...
*shrug*

As I've explained before, I've only read each of the chrons once, the first starting in the fall of 1978. I'm really not much of a rereader. So, I suspect my recollection of events is fuzzy enough for whatever the tease is to fit in to prior aspects of the chrons...
Blackhawk
Bloodguard

Post by Blackhawk »

:) I didnt even know the trailer was out..?? lol I like it Romeo, I was going to email you and ask how it was progressing. and no it doesnt give away anything, now i feel i can finally read AATE :D hehe... I have to have one book as a buffer between reads..

I have posted a larger scale of the image in the laborium..about 1600x1000 and the original scale 1900x1200 on my site.

Anyway..Great job Romeo! when were you gonna tell me? or did you and i missed it? ive been away from the net for a while. ;) I dont check my email as much as i should...
Romeo
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Romeo »

Doh! Sorry - I really should have emailed you directly (and immediately).
Cord Hurn
Servant of the Band

Post by Cord Hurn »

I can't think of ANY passage from TLD that works as well as a teaser than what was used, there!

Return to “Announcements + Suggestions + Q&A + Help”