The Official KW is turning 12 thread

Main forum for site announcements, suggestions, and help.

Moderators: Savor Dam, Vain

Vain
Nom

Post by Vain »

I have created a KW mosaic from all the images in the album. Enjoy finding yours. Zoom in :) Oh and it's a large file

www.ihugny.com/kw_mosaic.jpg
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Sweet.
lorin
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lorin »

Vain wrote:I have created a KW mosaic from all the images in the album. Enjoy finding yours. Zoom in :) Oh and it's a large file

I love that!
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

heh...gotta say that's nifty.
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Hashi Lebwohl wrote:Messages from the Watch don't go to my spam; rather, they go to a subset of my inbox. I am relatively new, joining only in 2009, so I haven't made a name for myself here yet. I need to quit keeping such a low profile.....
:lol:

Avatar wrote:Everybody who posted there (and several who didn't) were members of the original EZBoard Watch.
Interesting! I don't know Tenara.

The Hidden Sandgorgon wrote:I got the damn spam e-mail !!!! But I haven't read TLD yet so I stayed away from you lot cos I'm sooooooo petrified of spoilers !!! (its almost a phobia)
I've never seen you. Excellent av!!

I went by the name of Foamfollower at a mIrc board, and was spotted by Syl. He lead me here. That was a little more than 11 years ago. Ms Mary's daughter already had that name, so I went for this. (I also joined as Mhoram, but quickly stopped posting under that, since Lord Mhoram was very active back then. I think that account has since been deleted during a cleanup. But it was the beginning of my many accounts here. :lol:)

Yes, the old battles with Tracie were a joyous time here.
Pitch's idea : what is evil?? (which I didn't know until just now had been moved to the Close heh) was another great early memory.
And my Let's hear it for Mhoram! turned into a lot more than I expected.

Then there's the Stephen C. McKinney Memorial Thread (1969-2001) thread, which I count as one of the best experiences of my life.

Tracie was truly the soul of the Watch.

The original Elohimfest was incredbile. Can't even put words to it. So many of you (and at least a few who don't come around anymore) were exactly like your online personas. None of the axe-murderers we're all warned about. The joy of the Watch in person! The second 'Fest was also great, even if it started very badly because my wife had never flown before and didn't know you need ID so we missed our flight rebooked at JFK hours later missed our connecting flight in Minneapolis and spent the night there in a hotel instead of in Alb with you folks. Great great times also with Duchess and her family when they came out this way because hubby wanted to show her the Delaware River; with them again at my wedding five years ago; with them and DLB watching babes from around the world do nasty things with the anatomically correct bull on Wall Street; with danlo a couple times at the Palisades Center mall; went on a date with Kymbierlee a few hours away; met Menolly and her son and ex, because ex's parents live about 15 miles from me; lorin in NYC with Xar, ali, Menolly, all of which I met at other times as well...

I've also been introduced to books that rank at the top of my list of favorite. Gates of Fire from Brinn. The Neverness series from danlo. The perhaps life-altering Malazan books from Lucimay.
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Iolanthe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Iolanthe »

Now that is clever. Absolutely super! :clap:
I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order!

"I must state plainly, Linden, that you have become wondrous in my sight."
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Wow! That really is great, Vain!
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

with them and DLB watching babes from around the world do nasty things with the anatomically correct bull on Wall Street
Ha! Good times!
Fire Daughter
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Fire Daughter »

Fisty wrote:Yes, the old battles with Tracie were a joyous time here.
Pitch's idea : what is evil?? (which I didn't know until just now had been moved to the Close heh) was another great early memory.
And my Let's hear it for Mhoram! turned into a lot more than I expected.

Then there's the Stephen C. McKinney Memorial Thread (1969-2001) thread, which I count as one of the best experiences of my life.

Tracie was truly the soul of the Watch.
Huggles Fisty |G
For Myles--
When evening shadows and the stars appear
And there is no one to dry your tears
I could hold you for a million years
To make you feel my love

For Mom--
Did you ever know that you're my hero,
and everything I would like to be?
I can fly higher than an eagle,
for you are the wind beneath my wings.

Fly...fly high against the sky...
Thank you, thank you, thank God for you
The wind beneath my wings

Vain
Nom

Post by Vain »

Glad you guys liked that :)

Happy birthday KW !! :letsparty: :bwave: :nanaparty: :banana: :bday: :rockband: :goodnevil: :R
Shaun das Schaf
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Shaun das Schaf »

Happy Anniversary KW! :-)

I received my invitation in the mail, and also the case of 2009 Chateau Margaux. I understand there was a limited number of these available, so thank you Vain for sending this and the gourmet chocolates all the way to Oz.

My earliest memory of KW is more an emotion than an event; the pleasant surprise I got after posting in the Summonsing and being welcomed with such warmth and friendliness. Don't these guys know this in an internet forum, that they're supposed to tear each other apart until they destroy it? Amateurs. ;-)

I don't need to tell you guys this place is special - you know that already - so I'll just thank you sincerely for it and again wish you a happy anniversary and many more to come.

- SdS

P.S I don't visit as much anymore - aside from the occasional Mallorys fly by - but it's not because I've lost any love for the Watch. It's just that my primary means of accessing the net these days is via my phone and it just doesn't work.
TheGryphon
Stonedownor

Post by TheGryphon »

Happy Anniversary, KW!

Yes, Vain, I got the Invitation to the Soiree in my email - and did NOT consider it spam....

I've only been a member for almost 3 years, and "found" this Board after a Search for like-minded souls. I wanted to vent my frustration on how LONG it was between books in the series! The wait seemed interminable! I needed to see if there were others who wanted to find Mr. Donaldson and tell him to "Write Faster!" :lol:

I appreciate you all letting me remain a member in spite of my infrequent postings. I'd lost the link in my Bookmarks, but now it's back..., and so am I! ;)
Incredible as it seems, my Life is based on a True Story.
Fire Daughter
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Fire Daughter »

Oh my gosh...if you look close at the mosaic you will see old pics of Isaiah, Uncle Steve, little Zia, Stevie as a baby and even me that Mom posted before the big hack. Nice bit of awesomeness!

Thank you, Vain. :-)

edit to add: OH!! And back when I was a bratty kid, I posted a pic of Mom with her brothers and sister as children. she was about 7 in the pic and Uncle Steve was a baby in my Uncle Matt's arms. I saw that in the mosaic too! :-)
For Myles--
When evening shadows and the stars appear
And there is no one to dry your tears
I could hold you for a million years
To make you feel my love

For Mom--
Did you ever know that you're my hero,
and everything I would like to be?
I can fly higher than an eagle,
for you are the wind beneath my wings.

Fly...fly high against the sky...
Thank you, thank you, thank God for you
The wind beneath my wings

dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Vain wrote:I have created a KW mosaic from all the images in the album. Enjoy finding yours. Zoom in :) Oh and it's a large file

Awesome work, Vain!
Damelon
Lord

Post by Damelon »

Great job, Vain!
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

Awesome!

Oh, a change is coming, feel these doors now closing
Is there no world for tomorrow, if we wait for today?

ussusimiel
The Gap Into Spam
Location: Waterford (milking cows), and sometimes still Dublin, Ireland

Post by ussusimiel »

Happy Birthday, KW!

A great place, great people, great mods!

Long may it last!

u.
Tho' all the maps of blood and flesh
Are posted on the door,
There's no one who has told us yet
What Boogie Street is for.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Who the hell are you people and what are you doing on my personal Terry Goodkind fanpage?
Iolanthe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Iolanthe »

Happy Birthday KW. So glad I found this place.

And who is Terry Brooks??
I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order!

"I must state plainly, Linden, that you have become wondrous in my sight."
Shuram Gudatetris
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Shuram Gudatetris »

Happy B-day KW! Thanks for having me :D
Covenant is Linden Frankenstein's monster.

I maxed-out Tetris!

Return to “Announcements + Suggestions + Q&A + Help”