ELOHIMFEST June 21st 2014 the official thread

For discussion about Stephen R. Donaldson's other works, Reed Stephens, group meetings, elohimfests, SRD sightings, and more.

Moderator: Seareach

bossk
The Gap Into Spam

For the schedule

Post by bossk »

Cag and I (and possibly Nathan, if he can make it) will be staying at:

Fairfield Inn & Suites Albuquerque Airport

and we're booked for Friday, Saturday and Sunday, so we'll leave on Monday at some point, and hopefully have plenty of time to do things with all you lovely people.
Misanthropes of the world, unite!
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

aliantha wrote:I like how the tacos are bigger than SRD. :lol:
That's Albuquerque's official city slogan. "You?! We got tacos bigger 'n you."
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

This from Scott Brick:
Thanks Michael! Really hoping to make it out this year, and hope to know soon. Thanks for the dates! It was great meeting you as well, and here's hoping our paths cross in June.
Best,
Scott
So, nothing committal either way, but at least he knows about it. He does strike me as a VERY busy man.
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Frostheart Grueburn »

Blaah now that I finally have funds, hotel prices have soared. Mostly 2-bed rooms available any more. Unless anyone can rec me a better/cheaper/cleaner option with breakfast included, I'll book a room in Best Western Airport Albuquerque InnSuites. It had okay ratings in Tripadvisor. Can barely afford it, though. Sheraton appears to be for millionaires. ;)

How many nights (and precisely which) should I be prepared to sleep in Santa Fe and when would we come back (would much appreciate a response today)? My flight departs at 6:55 AM from ALB on 26th, so I think I'd have to stay by the airport the 25.-26. night.

Thanks for the offers/info about rides, shopping, etc. Breathing a bit easier now. ;) Apart from looking forward to meeting everyone, I'll rather spend time in company in any case, what with this being an utter terra incognita...also happy to celebrate people's birthdays; Lorin, let me know where and when.

Now to make dinner arrangements...
Last edited by Frostheart Grueburn on Thu May 08, 2014 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Frostheart, did you make arrangements directly with the hotel, or use something like Hotels.com?

------

Guess what? I need elbow surgery. Something about my life being better if my biceps were connected to my forearm.

Then I get to wear a cast for 6 weeks. ... Yes, that is correct - that DOES mean I need to go to Albuquerque wearing a cast on my right arm. (Yes, if I managed to screw myself up one week earlier I'd have made it.)

I expect everyone to sign my cast. :) Because driving around in my convertible is suddenly not so much anymore.
Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

Booking.com, since it's far easier than to start sending emails to a dozen different places (and in the best case I can push the bill to July's credit).

Ow, hope it heals quickly. Also you'll have to specify if you want Watch nicks, artist pseudonyms, wiki aliases, or RL names. :P
lurch
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lurch »

ouch, yes its always good to have connectivity Way, May all go well with that !..
Since I 'll be driving over I will have at least one open seat available if not a second or even third seat for any transportation requirements during the weekend.

And rather importantly,,lets all pray to the weather gods. Last E Fest was irritated by a huge forest fire in the White Mountains of Arizona. Yes the smoke made its undiluted way all the way to Albq. Pray that foul doesn't happen again...nor rain,nor hail. Regular dry June in the South West weather is all that needs to be beseeched .
If she withdrew from exaltation, she would be forced to think- And every thought led to fear and contradictions; to dilemmas for which she was unprepared.
pg4 TLD
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Good luck with the surgery, Way. Hey, you can get SRD to sign your cast! We can put it in the album, next to the pic of him signing Wadds' tattoo from last time. :lol:

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

With all due respect to WF, there is no comparison between his cast and Wadds' tattoo. SRD may sign the cast, but his expression while doing so will not be nearly so priceless.
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
Iolanthe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Iolanthe »

Power to your elbow Way! I'll bring a mac (being used to rain). I will get very confused if we are to use real names and Watch aliases! I'm not good with names at the best of times if there is more than one person to remember. :?
I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order!

"I must state plainly, Linden, that you have become wondrous in my sight."
Fire Daughter
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Fire Daughter »

Have a great time, everyone! And take lots of pics! :-)
For Myles--
When evening shadows and the stars appear
And there is no one to dry your tears
I could hold you for a million years
To make you feel my love

For Mom--
Did you ever know that you're my hero,
and everything I would like to be?
I can fly higher than an eagle,
for you are the wind beneath my wings.

Fly...fly high against the sky...
Thank you, thank you, thank God for you
The wind beneath my wings

wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Thanks, everyone. I will post when it's "the day", so that those inclined to adjure their gods may do so -- I'm taking whatever help I can get! :)
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

If Miss Grace gets her hands on lorin's camera again, there will be LOTS of pictures!
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

Frostheart wrote:How many nights (and precisely which) should I be prepared to sleep in Santa Fe and when would we come back?
Hallo?
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

Frostheart wrote:
Frostheart wrote:How many nights (and precisely which) should I be prepared to sleep in Santa Fe and when would we come back?
Hallo?
Who are you speaking to, Frostie?

Wayfriend - Yay! Now I'll instantly know who you are as you'll be the guy with the cast, unless something bad happens to someone else in the meantime (The Flying Spaghetti Monster forbid).
So can we play a live version of Win Wayfriend's Money while you are there?
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

My perception is that lorin and ali are the ringleaders of the Santa Fe / Ojo Caliente excursion.

However, since I am sure Frostheart needs to nail down her plans, I suggest booking for Monday and Tuesday nights, with a plan to check out on Wednesday, return to ABQ and spend the night there before her early morning flight out.
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

~ Barbara Reinhold

~ George Bernard Shaw
Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

Yes, well, from ali's reply I deduced it was ok to join (And that there would be a seat in someone's car?). Just haven't received much info about the trip and the affordable-ish rooms are vanishing... I booked a place for two nights in Silver Saddle Motel, a bit off the city center but just about the only option left. Again, a two-bunk room...
lorin
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lorin »

Ali, Io and I (and maybe a fourth friend I may be traveling with) will be staying at

The Days Inn
2900 Cerrillos Rd
Santa Fe, NM 87507
(505) 473- 4281

Arrive on the 23rd and depart on the 26th of June.
The loudest truth I ever heard was the softest sound.
Frostheart Grueburn
The Gap Into Spam

Mine's about 300m away from yours. :lol:
I'll have to get back to ALB on the afternoon of the 25th, so I hope there'll be buses if the rest of the company stays longer.

Return to “General SRD Discussion and Other Works”