ELOHIMFEST June 21st 2014 the official thread

For discussion about Stephen R. Donaldson's other works, Reed Stephens, group meetings, elohimfests, SRD sightings, and more.

Moderator: Seareach

Romeo
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Romeo »

Thank you all for such a great time! Wow! Wonderful! (even though I had to ... gasp! ... speak) :-)
And then the ravens pecked out his eyes.
Creator
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Creator »

Sorus wrote:You all look great. Wish I was there.
We wish you were too!! And you've seen - there WILL be a next time - so you MUST come then!! :)
He/She who dies with the most toys wins! Wait a minute ... I can't die!!!
rdhopeca
The Master

Post by rdhopeca »

That was truly an awesome time everyone. Thanks for being so welcoming, I very much appreciate it. It felt like I've known you for years! ...wait... um...

I eagerly await the next one :)

Feel free to track me down on Facebook if you haven't already! www.facebook.com/roberthope

In addition, this weekend has inspired to return to writing as soon as I can once school is done :D
Rob

"Progress is made. Be warned."
Lord Zombiac
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lord Zombiac »

I am so dissapointed that the buffet was prime rib! The picture on the calendar posted in this thread clearly shows TACOS and I had worked up my appetite for mouth watering crunchy crunchy evil tacos!
wayfriend wrote:Image
where do I go to demand a refund?
httpsss://www.barbarianclan.com
"everything that passes unattempted is impossible"-- Lord Mhoram, the Illearth War.
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

Sorus, I miss you too. This weekend was a blast. My sides and face hurt from laughing so hard. I think it's going to be a week before I get all the spit from the wet willies out of my ear... thanks Bossk! I managed to break Iolanthe's British stoicism and we both needed tissues for the tears of hysterical laughter. I loved seeing all the familiar faces and meeting all the new ones. I also finally confessed to Wayfriend that I am the real Cail. He eventually forgave me but he did soak me to the bone when prancing in the river. Lady Tam and I gave Lucimay a spanking we missed her so much and I managed to mortify/offend/challenge DLB so much that he gave me a look that someday in the future I will pay for what I did. I know I haven't been so active lately but I will remedy that and seeing everyone who came has inspired me. I wish you all could have been here because every moment with everyone was magical. I'm so grateful to have been able to be a part of this it is inexpressible in words.
Now if I could just find a way to wear live bees as jewelry all the time.....

www.fantasybedtimehour.com
rdhopeca
The Master

Post by rdhopeca »

Lord Zombiac wrote:I am so dissapointed that the buffet was prime rib! The picture on the calendar posted in this thread clearly shows TACOS and I had worked up my appetite for mouth watering crunchy crunchy evil tacos!
wayfriend wrote:Image
where do I go to demand a refund?
Dude, your staff was epic.
Rob

"Progress is made. Be warned."
Lord Zombiac
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lord Zombiac »

When I was a roaming 15 year old lunatic in a bath robe with a ring and staff I never dreamed that I would be a 46 year old mental patient with a staff again, this time with SRD's very own mark at its top. I'm sure everyone in the hotel thought I was mad. some hawaiin dudes signed it after we struck up a conversation on the way out!
"everything that passes unattempted is impossible"-- Lord Mhoram, the Illearth War.
jonnyredleader
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by jonnyredleader »

I have lost a security box key, probably on the seat of someone kind enough to give me a lift somewhere. If you find it please let me as soon as possible, thank you!
kvickie
Servant of the Land

Post by kvickie »

I had such a great time meeting everyone. Sorry I couldn't attend the Sunday festivities but we had to go to Los Lunas to pick up 200 bales of hay. We are very tired and had to wash a ton of hay and dirt off but at the end of the day the horses and llamas are happy. I really look forward to the next fest, and if anyone would like to come out this way you are always welcome.
Vickie

The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has limits.
Lord Zombiac
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lord Zombiac »

I saw an oryx on the way home last night
Lord Zombiac
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lord Zombiac »

thanks to all for the euphoria. hanging out with such an intelligent and diverse group is like doing molly... you got any molly?
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

Julie and I are at the KOA outside the Grand Canyon. Today we visit a town, tomorrow the Canyon.

On our way back to Santa Fe on Wednesday we will stop at the Petrified Forest and a corner in Winslow, Arizona.

Briefly stopped in Los Alamos yesterday. Just enough time for a couple of pics and to say I had been there.

The Fest was great, wish we could have stayed longer.

It was great revisiting old friends and meeting new ones.

Will post pics and excerpts from the travel journal at some point after getting back home. Friday or Saturday.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Lord Zombiac
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lord Zombiac »

It is so refreshing to get out of a psychological war zone and realize that a positive attitude can overcome many difficulties that seem insurmountable. I needed this Elohimfest and the sage smudging. I feel like I can accomplish anything, and my ambitions are deep and needed in these times.
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

These are some teasers. The ballroom, and the question-askers. (Sorry I did not get them all.)

[My flight out is delayed three hours. So I am killing time at the charging station. ]

Ballroom.

Buffet.

A table.

Bungleman and guest.

Table

Table

Tom/danlo and SRD

Rob/rdhopeca

Eric/johnnyredleader

Will/Cord Hurn

Don/dlbpharmd

Lynne/Aliantha

Satu/Frostheart

Mike/ussusimiel

Cameraman

Tom, Leslie/Lady Tam and Jennifer
Last edited by wayfriend on Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
bungleman
Servant of the Land

Post by bungleman »

I just wanted to chime in and say that I had a great time! It was definitely worth the drive across the country. I know that I don't personally know you guys nearly as well as most of you already knew each other, but I appreciate the warm welcome. I hated that I didn't have time to visit more, but in planning a 5 city road trip in a week's time, I was just too pressed for time. If y'all do go through with another Elohimfest, count me in.
Ananda
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Ananda »

Lord Zombiac wrote:I had worried if I would be able to finish my video in time... well, I did!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j71pjyP ... e=youtu.be
That was great. Did you get to show it at the thingie?

Also, SRD wearing a pack thingie at a dinner? That is really funny. Nice photos!
Last edited by Ananda on Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Monsters, they eat
Your kind of meat
And they're moving as far as they can
And as fast as they can
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Finally Nader it home after a hellish day of traveling. I'll post more later, just wanted to say that I had a great time!
Lord Zombiac
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lord Zombiac »

he wore a fanny pack last time too. There will be more Elohimfests too, bungleman, and Donaldson is willing to attend if there will be no schedule conflicts.
Lord Zombiac
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lord Zombiac »

I had to see your name in print, Don, before I could remember it. I applied polyurethan glossy finish on the staff of vision. there is real magic in the gathering of imaginative minds, and I hope I wasn't too withdrawn. I was out of sync quite a bit from breaking my very demanding routine, but I finally feel that the evils I face in my life seems far too small to even bother with because I have seen the power of the real world-- the world where people dream of great and meaningful things instead of dreaming of the small and narrow. It puts every sorry fool in life into the proper perspective to be among those who know a little about high concepts and do not flinch from the ordeals put before us by whoever we may see to be "Lord Foul."
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

jonnyredleader wrote:I have lost a security box key, probably on the seat of someone kind enough to give me a lift somewhere. If you find it please let me as soon as possible, thank you!
I just checked my car and could not find it. Unless it has fallen into a crevice in my car, I think you can check me off the list, and I really hope someone still there has found it as I am home and exhausted. What a great weekend, and I feel overwhelmed with all the fun, great conversations and shenanigans that occurred. I would post more, but I can barely keep myself awake. Good night, and "MAMA"!
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life

Return to “General SRD Discussion and Other Works”