Please help test my music website

Who's listening to what, what's going on in the music industry....

Moderators: StevieG, dANdeLION, lucimay

Lord Zombiac
The Gap Into Spam

Please help test my music website

Post by Lord Zombiac »

This year's conversion to linux has seen some issues I was not aware of on my music website, and I'd like to get a few people to test some features and let me know if all my music is readily available.
My model is that of the bard, rather than the rock star. I wish to give my music away and sell merchandise and hard copies only when playing out, which I would like to do along with bartering and enjoying the honor and hospitality accorded bards of yore.
First off, I have six albums available in zip files, but found that 7zip had corrupted the files, so I re-zipped them using Linux archive manager, so please download these albums and let me know if the music plays.
Second, I switched from chrome to firefox when I went to linux, because adblock plus does not work for youtube on "chromium" the linux version of chrome. To my surprise, the java script I used to randomly stream a "radio station" of my music, did not work in firefox! So Please listen to the station and tell me if the new flash player I installed works on your browser (make sure I know what you're running.)
the albums:
barbarianclan.com/music/
the radio station:
barbarianclan.com/music/radio.html
httpsss://www.barbarianclan.com
"everything that passes unattempted is impossible"-- Lord Mhoram, the Illearth War.
Ananda
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Ananda »

Those animated gifs are irritating and headache inducing! If you are taking feedback, I'd say get those flickering images off there!!!! Many, many people will navigate away really quickly. I wanted to help out, but I just couldn't keep looking at them.

For listening to the music, I didn't find any Play button anywhere. When I clicked on the album covers, I got a download, not a stream (and so just downloaded your Empathy album), if that was meant to be the stream. If not, can you link directly to the stream? I just can't look at those animated gifs anymore (sorry, but it is realllllllly hard to take), so I didn't spend a lot of time looking around.
Monsters, they eat
Your kind of meat
And they're moving as far as they can
And as fast as they can
JazFusion
The Gap Into Spam

Post by JazFusion »

Works fine for me. I use Chrome, though not sure what updated version.
"Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt." - Kurt Vonnegut

Return to “Vespers”