Football\Company penalty for crimes

Archive From The 'Tank
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

SerScot wrote:Cail,

We can strongly suspect what he's apologizing for. Further, even after someone is convicted of a crime all you can say is that they were certainly convicted, not that they actually, with certainty, commited the crime.

Based upon the video, based upon his reaction to being accused of this crime, I'm choosing to believe that it is outside the realm of reasonable doubt to say he didn't knock his fiancee out in an elevator.
Did you feel the same way about the Duke lacrosse team?
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
SerScot
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SerScot »

Cail,

There was no evidence that the Duke Lacrosse team did anything. Nor did they apologize after having done nothing.
"Futility is the defining characteristic of life. Pain is proof of existence" - Thomas Covenant
kevinswatch
"High" Lord
Location: In the dark, lonely cave that dwells within my eternal soul of despair. It's next to a Pizza Hut.

Post by kevinswatch »

www.nytimes.com/2014/09/09/sports/footb ... .html?_r=0

Big news on the Ray Rice front today, as a new damning video is released by TMZ showing the whole event with his wife in the elevator.

Ravens have released Rice. Roger Goodell then suspends Rice "indefinitely".

Personally, this is all very disheartening. Before this incident, Rice was a very well respected person in the Baltimore community. I think that he made one horrible mistake, one horrible night, and unfortunately now he has to live up to it for the rest of his life.

The Ravens had to release him now with this new public evidence. No other choice.

But this is going to be a big deal in the news for a while. NLF Commish Roger Goodell is going to look bad, really bad, for letting Rice slide with only being suspended for only 2 games, and then have this evidence come out.

I only hope that Rice truly will make the most out of his life now and make amends with the community that he has hurt so much. I mean, Rice is the kind of guy who was an idol for young kids in Baltimore. He has let them down.

-jay
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

and I would hope that ray rice ends up in prison...
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

I've been thinking this all week, as the stories have been rolling in about various NFL players and their problems with domestic violence, and watching friends on FB going off about it.

Here's my take on the whole thing: These guys were hired to hit other people for a living. In fact, we pay them extremely well to do just that. Our culture celebrates them for it. And now we're hearing shocking (shocking!) revelations about they way they treat the women and children in their lives -- not to mention even more shocking (shocking!) revelations about how the big businessmen who make pots of money from these players' activities on the field have been covering for them.

Seriously, folks? Spare me your moral outrage. When you live in a culture that celebrates violence, this is what you get.

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

ali - perhaps there is a cultural problem you are missing?
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...

Return to “Coercri”