Who are you??? Who, Who

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

Rivenrock
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Rivenrock »

Last edited by Rivenrock on Thu Jan 06, 2005 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Argent Badger
Servant of the Land

Post by Argent Badger »

Joy> Thanks for the advice :D I will be sure to make use of this 'search' utility. :wave: (lol.. I love these things)

Rivenrock> Where is this Vespers forum? Wait, never mind, found it. ^_^ And yes, I suppose I will look forward to speaking to you there as well.
"Your GP or your HP!"
-Thief, 8-Bit Theater
krycek
Ramen

Post by krycek »

My real names Nicholas Devonald, and 4 the most part people just call me Devonald, or sometimes Nick, or sometimes Nicholas, in fact everyone calls me different stuff, online i'm known as unbeliever (guess where i got that from?) I'm english, live in Scotland, I'm 17, off 2 uni next yr, hopefully 2 study criminology (still waitin 4 a reply from th uni i wanna go 2(stirling) everywhere else has got bak 2 me), and then after that the police, at least that's my goals 4 the moment. there's not much 2 tell about me, i spend too much time on the net, big fan of th matrix, x-files, buffy, angel and farscape, and of course all of SRD's work. occasionally fix computers 4 money but other than that im unemployed (and i fix em 2 damn well, no1's come bak yet, altho they tell other ppl about me so i dont complain)
Byrn
Giantfriend

Post by Byrn »

Hi, my name is Jeremy. I'm 26, divorced, father of one son (3). I live in Dayton, Ohio. I work for a company that provides computer systems to Car Dealerships. I'm a helpdesk tech.

My dad was in the Air Force, so we moved around quite a bit. I've lived in Victorville California(2 years), Okinowa Japan(3 years), Las Vegas Nevada(2 years), Misawa Japan(3 years) and Oscoda Michigan(2 years). We moved back to Dayton after Dad left the Service.

I was Married for nearly 5 years. I have custody of my son, Nathan.
"What is the land to air speed ratio of a laden swallow?"
https://www.noiraqdraft.com/impact.php? ... a211109cb0
Würd
Servant of the Land

Post by Würd »

Hi everyone. My name's Jim and I'm 4 and 30 years old. I live in louisville, KY and work as a sound engineer. Nothing major. Just a local band and I do home studio recording and such.

I was born In Columbus, OH then lived near Pittsburg, PA for a bit. Moved to kentucky (the sticks) for 6 years and then spent 3 years in Germany (ARMY). I was glad when my tour ended. (lol) Not because of Germany, mind you. I loved it there when I could get free of Uncy sam... Then I ended up hear in Louisville and have lived here for the past 13 years.

Some of my interests are physics/astronomy, computers (naturally), playing guitar, and reading.

That's about it. Be true!
That beauty and truth should pass utterly...
gaz
Servant of the Land

Post by gaz »

Hi, my name is Gary, I'm a 37yr old with 2, as yet, pre-school kids who are the love of my life.

I live in Wellington New Zealand working as a librarian, although this has not been my only occupation during my working career.

Some of my interests include reading, writing and I help run a martial arts club here. I've been training awhile and its a good physical/mental outlet for myself.

Another interest I have is playing a board game called Advanced Squad Leader which draws its own fanatics beleive me!!

Happy to be here!!
michaelcov
Stonedownor

Post by michaelcov »

OK here go's
I'm Michael Coviello I was born In ElPaso TX on the 25th of february 1960.
We left ElPaso before I was a year old. "Becouse I've already done all there was to do there...I know ,old joke"
After moving around abit we settled Just outside Baltimore MD Home of the Orioles and the then Baltimore Colts
"BUT I"M NOT BITTER :x "
Last year I moved to Australia to marry my lovely wife Jamila. Its great here in Australia.... but i think SRD was vacationing here when he got the idea for the sunbane.
Mike
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Jeez! A fellow queenslander! I'm from Queensland, too (well, Woodford). Welcome aboard, Michael! Yeah that summer was damn hot wasn't it? The Brown Sun hit Queensland pretty hard!
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
michaelcov
Stonedownor

Post by michaelcov »

You know it mate. It was the hottest summer I've ever had to endure, but we made it through it. Thanks for the welcome UV
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Too right! I had to invent a sweating emoticon to communicate to northern hemisphere members just how hot it was!
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

Hey gaz! Nice to have another Kiwi on board. :D

Sum sui generis
Vs
You do not hear, and so you cannot be redeemed.

In the name of their ancient pride and humiliation, they had made commitments with no possible outcome except bereavement.

He knew only that they had never striven to reject the boundaries of themselves.
FizbansTalking_Hat
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by FizbansTalking_Hat »

I am sure this has been done before, but I'm a newbie, so thats my excuse for bringing it up again.

Who are you, what do you do, means exaclty just what it asks?

I'm a 24 year old who lives in Canada, grew up in Dallas, TX, I own and run a hotel in Niagara Falls, Ontario Canada, HowardJohnson Inn www.hojofe.com (shameless plug in). I just graduated with my business degree in hospitality, so cheers to all.

Man I hope someone picks up on this thread and it starts to get more responses. Cheers.
"...oh my god - there is a nerd stuck beneath my space bar.."
- Jules - 9:34 P.M. Conversation MSN --
Cheval
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cheval »

Skyweir:
"10 grandkids at 42 .. thats quite an achievement!!! LOL
you clearly been busy!
and probably still are
how many kids do you have?? "

I personally don't have any kids. (At least none that I know of...)
To tell a little secret, my wife is older than me and I married into a family with three kids; 2 boys and a girl. The kids all think of me as their Dad, even though they all know that I'm their step-father.
(And I think of them as my kids too.)
BTW - In August, there will be an 11th grandchild born.
We can have our own ball team in several years... with back-up players!
Have you hugged your arghule today?
that unleashed the power of our imagination -
we learned to talk."

It's 4:19...
gotta minute?
Chrysalis
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Chrysalis »

:wave: I am also a newbie here...
Am going to be 24 shortly and live in rainy old London although am originally from Southern Africa. :lion:

I work for public libraries at present and share my time between a hectic community library and a home library service that caters toward elderly and disabled customers. And have been doing this for a frightening number of years now that I think about it... :?
Inbetween that I travel every chance I get and am hoping to spend a substantial amount of time abroad in the near future. Preferably in the southern hemisphere somewhere although have yet to decide where:D

I am a new reader to SRD and have started with his 'The Man Who' series as my main love is crime and psychological thrillers but am trying to expand my reading tastes:)
Apart from books music is my next weakness and try and go see live shows as often as possible whether it is local bands or well known artists.

So um...thats me. Not much else I can think of at present:)
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

The UK ranks are swelling... 8)
variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

BUMP!

Hey Newbies, don't forget to post here and let us know. :D

Sum sui generis
Vs
You do not hear, and so you cannot be redeemed.

In the name of their ancient pride and humiliation, they had made commitments with no possible outcome except bereavement.

He knew only that they had never striven to reject the boundaries of themselves.
Cate
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cate »

I'm Cate. I'm 54, housewife, former photographer, before that telephone operator....
I have a son, 32, and a daughter, 34, three grandchildren (daughter's), and they own my heart.
We moved to Nashville from St Louis three years ago.
I like to think of myself as a "believer", a seeker of Truth, and an observer of human nature.
"let the storm of thought spend itself. Presently you will arrive upon a calm sea."......Walter Lanyon
Ninquelote
Ramen

Post by Ninquelote »

Okej, I guess I'm obliged to tell you who I am.

I'm 18 in september, live in Sweden. After my upper secondary education I will do military service (want to work for the UN in the future). After that I will study technology or/and physics.

Something not so usual about me:

work as a "circus instructor" for children, and sometimes I perform as a "tight rope walker" and do some things in the trapeze.

I have been hunted by a military helicopter once, hehe, but only for about 10 minutes. Quite impressive...really, I'm a nice, obedient girl.

Now, I'm gonna read about you guys.
My God, it's full of stars!
-Dave Bowman
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

You're an 18 yo Swedish girl?? Do you know what that means to us American guys?? Especially the really old ones like me!

I swear this site is gonna be the death of me

Welcome to the Watch! Welcome and True!
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Brinn
S.P.O.W

Post by Brinn »

:haha:

Don't take Fist too seriously Ninquel...He's harmless!
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. John Stuart Mill

Return to “General Discussion Forum”