Sweden's new culture minister

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

Morning
<i>Haruchai</i>

Sweden's new culture minister

Post by Morning »

Ananda... what's going on up there? Some mushroom farm exploded, went into low orbit and spread spores all over the place?

Code: Select all

Bah grew up in Horda in Småland, Sweden with her Gambian father and Swedish mother. She went to a track and field athletics oriented high school in Växjö, and was one of the country's best female sprinter runners in the late 1980s, with 200 meters being her speciality.Her television career began in 1992 with SVT's Disney Club. Between 1998-99, she had her own talk show at TV4 and many other television assignments including current events show Kalla fakta.
After she left television to study political science, and has, among other things, been Director of the Department Ideas for life at insurance giant Skandia. In 2004-2007 she worked as Secretary General of fair trade organization Rättvisemärkt.
She was a member of the Swedish Church synod 2006-2010, member of the Board of Dramaten Theatre, as well as Vice President of YMCA-YWCA Sweden.
In September 2009 she started as the Environmental and Corporate social responsibility manager at ÅF. Alongside her job at ÅF, she also serves as a board member for internet consultancy firm Doberman.
So,... 200m runner, tv host, corporate cogwheel, lobbyist, member of a synod (!), green party stuff, and board member of a design company... I don't know if I want to move immediately to Stockholm or get someone to barb-wire the whole place around. Seriously, this gives me feelings that are as ... dispersed... as this girl's curriculum.

On the one hand, this is a huge leap from southern-european politicians, who never worked or produced anything in their lives. But on the other hand, come on. Too surreal, maybe?
Ardet nec Consumitur.
Ananda
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Ananda »

you're just jealous of our politicians being hotter than yours. :P
Monsters, they eat
Your kind of meat
And they're moving as far as they can
And as fast as they can
Morning
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Morning »

Mind-to-mind liaison at work here. I had written "TV Hot" and immediately amended it to "TV Host" (ess) as it should be. More recent pictures show her from a not so hot angle, though. But yeah I like black girls as long as they are athletic. And athletic girls on the skinny side, regardless of colour or age.

Back on topic... it's no secret that as we move north, the correlation between being the recipient of individual competence and securing a political mandate increases exponentially. Our politicians are, and I can say the, exclusively, the 100% illiterate, lazy, nepotist, irresponsible and futile product of a disgracefully anachronical electorate.
Ardet nec Consumitur.
Ananda
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Ananda »

Morning wrote:Mind-to-mind liaison at work here. I had written "TV Hot" and immediately amended it to "TV Host" (ess) as it should be. More recent pictures show her from a not so hot angle, though. But yeah I like black girls as long as they are athletic. And athletic girls on the skinny side, regardless of colour or age.

Back on topic... it's no secret that as we move north, the correlation between being the recipient of individual competence and securing a political mandate increases exponentially. Our politicians are, and I can say the, exclusively, the 100% illiterate, lazy, nepotist, irresponsible and futile product of a disgracefully anachronical electorate.
Aren't you mayor of your town? :P
Monsters, they eat
Your kind of meat
And as fast as they can
Morning
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Morning »

Something lost in that link... I wouldn't take a position like that if it came covered in sapphires.
Ardet nec Consumitur.
Ananda
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Ananda »

Morning wrote:Something lost in that link... I wouldn't take a position like that if it came covered in sapphires.
our minister comes covered in sapphires...
Monsters, they eat
Your kind of meat
And as fast as they can
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

Ananda wrote:you're just jealous of our politicians being hotter than yours. :P
Hee...your King and Queen visited the college my wife works at a couple years ago...
The campus would have a lot of happy folk if this poli came over.
Just in the name of tradition and cultural exchange of course.
;)
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
Morning
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Morning »

Ananda wrote:
Morning wrote:Something lost in that link... I wouldn't take a position like that if it came covered in sapphires.
our minister comes covered in sapphires...
I've come a long way but never like that :biggrin:
Ardet nec Consumitur.
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Vraith wrote:
Hee...your King and Queen visited the college my wife works at a couple years ago...
The campus would have a lot of happy folk if this poli came over.
Just in the name of tradition and cultural exchange of course.
;)
Needless to say. :lol:

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
michaelm
The Gap Into Spam

Post by michaelm »

Usually I don't put the words 'politician' and 'hot' in the same sentence, but I think I have to make an exception here...
peter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by peter »

It sets a terribly bad example for a politician to be photographed smoking.
The truth is a Lion and does not need protection. Once free it will look after itself.

....and the glory of the world becomes less than it was....
'Have we not served you well'
'Of course - you know you have.'
'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

peter wrote:It sets a terribly bad example for a politician to be photographed smoking.
SEXIST!!! She can't help it if she's smoking, and you shouldn't be commenting on it.

The cigar could go, though. Might lead to masculine/feminine identity problems among the 14-year-old Swedish boys looking at this and...um...pondering political science.
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
michaelm
The Gap Into Spam

Post by michaelm »

Vraith wrote:
peter wrote:It sets a terribly bad example for a politician to be photographed smoking.
SEXIST!!! She can't help it if she's smoking, and you shouldn't be commenting on it.

The cigar could go, though. Might lead to masculine/feminine identity problems among the 14-year-old Swedish boys looking at this and...um...pondering political science.
At least it's not being utilized in the way that Bill Clinton allegedly utilized one...
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Is this where I'm supposed to say that sometimes a cigar is just a cigar? ;)

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

I have to say that this is one the greatest threads I have read on Kevin's Watch. I mean, really, this has it all; humor, politics, partial nudity...What else could you want?
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life
michaelm
The Gap Into Spam

Post by michaelm »

Cagliostro wrote:I have to say that this is one the greatest threads I have read on Kevin's Watch. I mean, really, this has it all; humor, politics, partial nudity...What else could you want?
Nope, I think you checked all the boxes there.
peter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by peter »

Cagliostro wrote:I have to say that this is one the greatest threads I have read on Kevin's Watch. I mean, really, this has it all; humor, politics, partial nudity...What else could you want?
Full nudity?
The truth is a Lion and does not need protection. Once free it will look after itself.

....and the glory of the world becomes less than it was....
'Have we not served you well'
'Of course - you know you have.'
'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

peter wrote:
Full nudity?
kevinswatch.ihugny.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=976746#976746
;)

EZ Board Survivor

Return to “General Discussion Forum”