The Walking Dead TV series on AMC

Talk about all your favorite series, shows, programs, news anchorpeople, ect.

Moderators: Cagliostro, sgt.null

sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

lorin wrote:why the hell did they split up again?
because these people never seem to learn anything.

leave the Terminus people alive, that won't be a problem, right? leave the Woodbury people alive, that won't be a problem, right?

refuse to secure their own camp (farm, prison, church) - that won't be a problem, right?

fail to gather adequate supplies, that won't be a problem, right?
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Morning
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Morning »

Yes, the plot is extremely realistic.
Ardet nec Consumitur.
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

working at a prison it pissed me off how badly they screwed that up. they should have been able to sweep the prison for walkers. secured the fences, and lived in relative safety.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Tank.
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

wayfriend wrote:Tank.
meaning what?
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

The Gov had a tank.
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

Fist and Faith wrote:The Gov had a tank.
Yea, and Daryl snuck around from it's backside and shoved more up it's pipe than it could handle, and it lost control and exploded all over everything, making a mess. :oops: and then a season and a half later, Carol proves she too, can really ram it up a tail pipe like you've never felt before :oops: (Metaphorically, speaking...of course)
I Never Fail To Be Astounded By The Things We Do For Promises - Ronnie James Dio (All The Fools Sailed Away)

Remember, everytime you drag someone through the mud, you're down in the mud with them

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain

Where are we going...and... WHY are we in a handbasket?

Ananda
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Ananda »

sindatur wrote:
Yea, and Daryl snuck around from it's backside and shoved more up it's pipe than it could handle, and it lost control and exploded all over everything, making a mess. :oops: and then a season and a half later, Carol proves she too, can really ram it up a tail pipe like you've never felt before :oops: (Metaphorically, speaking...of course)
Best post ever. At first I was confused, but then I got it in the end.
Monsters, they eat
Your kind of meat
And they're moving as far as they can
And as fast as they can
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

sgt.null wrote:
wayfriend wrote:Tank.
meaning what?
You know in the first Pirates of the Carribean movie, when the Orlando Bloom character complains that Jack Sparrow isn't fighting fairly, and Sparrow replies "Pirate" ? I really wish I knew how to type that, so as to convey the same oh-yeah-did-you-forget-the-obvious tone. If anyone knows how, please let me know. Maybe we need a pirate emoticon.

But pretend I did somehow when I said

"Tank."

sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

Ananda wrote:
sindatur wrote:
heh, Drunk posting :oops:
I Never Fail To Be Astounded By The Things We Do For Promises - Ronnie James Dio (All The Fools Sailed Away)

Remember, everytime you drag someone through the mud, you're down in the mud with them

Ananda
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Ananda »

sindatur wrote:
Ananda wrote:
sindatur wrote:Yea, and Daryl snuck around from it's backside and shoved more up it's pipe than it could handle, and it lost control and exploded all over everything, making a mess. :oops: and then a season and a half later, Carol proves she too, can really ram it up a tail pipe like you've never felt before :oops: (Metaphorically, speaking...of course)
heh, Drunk posting :oops:
Post like that more often!
Monsters, they eat
Your kind of meat
And they're moving as far as they can
And as fast as they can
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

they could have killed the Gov way before the Tank became a problem. on different occasions and chose not to, because..?
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

They had killed in self-defense before that. But that's not the same as executing because they might come after you in the future. Looks like they learned the lesson now.
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Eugene!

Frankly, I had been holding out for a less expectable plot twist.
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Yeah, it wasn't much of a shock. I would've been more surprised if that hadn't been the case.
Spoiler
Am I the only one who said, "You got knocked the fuck out, man" at the end? It doesn't seem like he's dead, but damn.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Right? Still possibly fatal, though probably not. Nothing I'd expect a full recovery from, though.
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

the Abraham/Eugene story is closely following the comic.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

Yea, it was so obvious, I was starting to believe maybe that wouldn't be the way it went.

Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Some things will be obvious. That's the way it goes. It was obvious that the cannibals would be bothering them again. The point is what they did once that happened. So what will happen now that the need to get Eugene to DC is gone? Will he live? Will he be brain-damaged? How will Abraham go on without his purpose?
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

I need to rant about the prison.

given that we are told the prison is southwest of Atlanta and it seems they found a prison and not a county farm (the inmates /and their crimes/ they find prove this.), the best I can come up with is Phillips State Prison. which may be southeast of Atlanta, but fits everyway else.

www.dcor.state.ga.us/GDC/FacilityMap/ht ... 00253.html

we are told that the inmates had been on their own for ten months. Phillips has a capacity of 900 inmates. meaning they have enough canned goods to feed that many for a month.

at our unit canned goods include : green beans, carrots, yellow squash, sweet peas, three types of greens (spinach, turnip and mixed), corn, sauerkraut, peaches, applesauce, mixed fruit, pears, mandarin oranges, mixed vegetables, pinto beans, vegetarian beans, tuna fish, catsup, tomato paste, grape jelly, peanut butter, boxed diced tomatoes, black beans, black eyed peas, black olives (just for the holidays.), jalapenos, sweet potatoes, mushroom soup.

dry goods include : powdered sugar, brown sugar, white sugar, cornbread mix, pancake mix, biscuit mix, cornmeal, powdered drinking milk, powdered cooking milk, corn starch, brownie mix, white cake mix, yellow cake mix, chocolate cake mix, chocolate frosting, white frosting, coffee, tea (in bag form), lemonade mix, orange breakfast drink mix, fruit punch drink mix, pinto beans, black eye peas, navy beans, oatmeal, corn grits.

in plastic jar form : mayo, mustard, sweet pickles, salsa, pickle relish, artificial maple syrup.

we also have bread in loaves, margarine, various spices (chili powder, cinnamon, black pepper, salt, sloppy joe mix, cumin, beef base, chicken base, season salt, taco seasoning.)

we can discount the frozen food, as that would turn quickly.

I find no proof that Georgia has an agriculture system like we have in Texas. that astounds me really. but at the very least Phillips has none.

so can someone do the math for how much four people would eat if the prison had a month's worth of food for 900? each case of canned food will be six number ten cans. sacks typically come in 50 pounds. jars are a gallon apiece, usually four jars per case. inmates eat three meals a day (breakfast, lunch, dinner.)

Texas has working farms, egg houses, pigs, cattle. and many have pecan trees (though we don't harvest them.)
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...

Return to “TV Shows”