Cail's big honking Rush thread

Who's listening to what, what's going on in the music industry....

Moderators: StevieG, dANdeLION, lucimay

Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
michaelm
The Gap Into Spam

Post by michaelm »

I assume Greensboro, NC (no states are listed), so that looks like nearest to me (about 1.5 hours away).

Will keep an eye on that.
Zarathustra
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zarathustra »

Damn, closest to me is 200 miles away. Given that Geddy can't sing anymore, I might skip my first Rush tour in 25 years.
Joe Biden … putting the Dem in dementia since (at least) 2020.
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

It's a 4-5 hour drive for me to either Atlanta, Columbus or Greensboro. But I'm going to try to make my first Rush concert.
Zarathustra
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zarathustra »

1st Rush show, wow. Go for it! They'll still blow you away, even if Geddy doesn't sound 25 anymore. Heck, early enough in the tour he might sound fine. I wish I could see some Youtube clips of the current tour before all the good tickets are gobbled up, to make my decision.
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

The sad reality is that their touring days are numbered. I'll see them twice on this tour, just like I've seen them twice on the last three (when they announce a second leg, it'll take them through Baltimore).

I don't care that Ged can't hit the high notes anymore, the shows are still brilliant.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
Orlion
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Orlion »

Columbus? I might as well! Be nice to be able to say I've seen more than one band in concert...
'Tis dream to think that Reason can
Govern the reasoning creature, man.
- Herman Melville

I am Lazarus, come from the dead,
Come back to tell you all, I shall tell you all!

"All creation is a huge, ornate, imaginary, and unintended fiction; if it could be deciphered it would yield a single shocking word."
-John Crowley
Zarathustra
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zarathustra »

Cail wrote:The sad reality is that their touring days are numbered. I'll see them twice on this tour, just like I've seen them twice on the last three (when they announce a second leg, it'll take them through Baltimore).

I don't care that Ged can't hit the high notes anymore, the shows are still brilliant.
Ged hasn't been able to "hit the high notes" for about 30 years. That's not what I'm talking about. I can accept downtuning songs to let him sing older tunes. Or simply not playing songs from the 70s. But his voice warbles now even on mid-range notes, and sounds like old-man-voice. Raspy, thin, and weak.
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

I dunno man, maybe it's because we've gotten them at the beginning of their tour(s), but I haven't seen that. Yes, you can hear it on the TM Blue Ray, but no way I'd call what I've heard "thin" or "weak".
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

......aaaaand our tickets are bought.
Cord Hurn
Servant of the Band

Post by Cord Hurn »

michaelm wrote:I assume Greensboro, NC (no states are listed), so that looks like nearest to me (about 1.5 hours away).

dlbpharmd wrote:It's a 4-5 hour drive for me to either Atlanta, Columbus or Greensboro. But I'm going to try to make my first Rush concert.
Hope you both manage to go see them, because this could be the last tour! One never knows!
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

There's going to be a point at which:

- Ged's voice simply won't withstand the rigors of a tour.

- Neil's body won't withstand the rigors of a tour.

It's pretty impressive that they're still doing the long shows they're known for. I would hope that they'd scale that back rather than discontinuing their tours.
michaelm
The Gap Into Spam

Post by michaelm »

Cord Hurn wrote:
michaelm wrote:I assume Greensboro, NC (no states are listed), so that looks like nearest to me (about 1.5 hours away).

dlbpharmd wrote:It's a 4-5 hour drive for me to either Atlanta, Columbus or Greensboro. But I'm going to try to make my first Rush concert.
Hope you both manage to go see them, because this could be the last tour! One never knows!
Looks like they go on sale on February 6th for Greensboro
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

Rush plays Houston May 20th. my birthday is April 30th. hmmmmmmm.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Cail wrote:......aaaaand our tickets are bought.
Which site did you use to find your tickets? I got on Ticket Master at 10am this morning for the Atlanta show, waited 15 minutes while the computer searched for best available seats, which turned out to be in the nose bleed sections.
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

anyone near Houston want to go with me? Julie really doesn't like Rush.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

dlbpharmd wrote:
Cail wrote:......aaaaand our tickets are bought.
Which site did you use to find your tickets? I got on Ticket Master at 10am this morning for the Atlanta show, waited 15 minutes while the computer searched for best available seats, which turned out to be in the nose bleed sections.
We did a VIP presale through Ticketmaster. Even still, we're a bit farther back than usual.
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

OK, didn't see the email about the VIP sale. I'm in for Greensboro on May 28th.
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Julie bought the tickets for May 20th. first time seeing them. :)
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Akasri
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Akasri »

They put on a great show!

I have tickets for the opener in Tulsa. First time seeing the first night of a tour - should be a blast :)

Return to “Vespers”