Moderators: dANdeLION, sgt.null

wayfriend

Jurassic World

Post by wayfriend »

No one interested?

Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

Interesting. Wasn't the original released on that date in 1993, 22 years earlier?
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Honestly, no. The original wasn't all that good. I somewhat enjoyed the third film, but not enough to get excited about this.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
Hashi Lebwohl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Hashi Lebwohl »

Pratt is really good at playing a laid-back, freewheeling, down-to-earth-yet-roguish character whose heart winds up being in the right place (which is why he'll make an excellent Indiana Jones, should he go that route, surpassing and supplanting Shea LeBouef) and I could watch Ms. Howard all day long but I probably won't go see this, either. I didn't see 2 or 3 and I don't feel I missed anything.

I'm really not into dinosaurs all that much.
The Tank is gone and now so am I.
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Well then you guys can yawn over Trailer 1 and Trailer 2.

It's got a giant monster. So I'm going to see it.

wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

The Mind-Changer.

www.aintitcool.com/node/71193

"You got twenty thousand people ... you got no more boats, you don't have enough guns ..."
peter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by peter »

I stood in a que for hours on the release day of Jurrasic Park and I loved it. The film was pretty good as well ;). I'll definitely see this one - but at home rather than in the cinema. I'm getting too crotchety and grumpy to sit surrounded by popcorn munching kids on their mobiles and chatting to their mates; I like my audiences frozen in slack-jawed amazement at what they are witnessing - and that's a rare thing to happen these days.
The truth is a Lion and does not need protection. Once free it will look after itself.

....and the glory of the world becomes less than it was....
'Have we not served you well'
'Of course - you know you have.'
'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard
Orlion
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Orlion »

I'll be seeing it... I mean, it's open season for a bunch of dinosaurs! OPEN...SEASON... my inner eight-year old is squealing with glee!
'Tis dream to think that Reason can
Govern the reasoning creature, man.
- Herman Melville

I am Lazarus, come from the dead,
Come back to tell you all, I shall tell you all!

"All creation is a huge, ornate, imaginary, and unintended fiction; if it could be deciphered it would yield a single shocking word."
-John Crowley
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

It has the potential to be pretty silly, what with Chris Pratt on a motorbike leading a pack of friendly velociraptors and all. I'll see what the response looks like before deciding.
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

I'm Murrin wrote:what with Chris Pratt on a motorbike leading a pack of friendly velociraptors and all
I know there's supposed to be some sort of dinasaur-whisperer thing going on. But my impression of that particular clip was that the velociraptors were fleeing whatever Star-Lord was fleeing. (Reminiscent of the "they're flocking this way" scene in JP1.) I'm probably totally wrong, but that's the impression I have.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

The way the trailer sets it up doesn't seem like they're running away. It has the bit about them doing it "my way", the bike and a truck lining up, a shot of them releasing the raptors from a line of cages, the bike and truck going through the jungle, then the bike along with the raptors (and Pratt doesn't look like he's fleeing anything there).
Orlion
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Orlion »

I'm Murrin wrote:The way the trailer sets it up doesn't seem like they're running away. It has the bit about them doing it "my way", the bike and a truck lining up, a shot of them releasing the raptors from a line of cages, the bike and truck going through the jungle, then the bike along with the raptors (and Pratt doesn't look like he's fleeing anything there).
It could end up being pretty silly, but we have to include the raptors in a Jurassic Park film, and this is at least a new approach... and should at least be better than how they were used in Jurassic Park 3.

It also makes some sense that if raptors are pretty intelligent, they can be trained as well.

I will say this: I think it's a good idea to get people use to these silly ideas before they watch the film.
'Tis dream to think that Reason can
Govern the reasoning creature, man.
- Herman Melville

I am Lazarus, come from the dead,
Come back to tell you all, I shall tell you all!

"All creation is a huge, ornate, imaginary, and unintended fiction; if it could be deciphered it would yield a single shocking word."
-John Crowley
caamora
The Purifier

Post by caamora »

wayfriend wrote:Well then you guys can yawn over Trailer 1 and Trailer 2.

Heheheh, I'm with you, Wayfriend!
The King has one more move.
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

vincent donofrio and dinosaurs?

i squeed. i am so going to see this.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
peter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by peter »

wayfriend wrote:
I'm Murrin wrote:what with Chris Pratt on a motorbike leading a pack of friendly velociraptors and all
I know there's supposed to be some sort of dinasaur-whisperer thing going on. But my impression of that particular clip was that the velociraptors were fleeing whatever Star-Lord was fleeing. (Reminiscent of the "they're flocking this way" scene in JP1.) I'm probably totally wrong, but that's the impression I have.
Probably not Wayfriend; One staple of Jurrasic Park movies is trouble with flocking dinosaurs [ ;) ].
The truth is a Lion and does not need protection. Once free it will look after itself.

....and the glory of the world becomes less than it was....
'Have we not served you well'
'Of course - you know you have.'
'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

wayfriend wrote:
I'm a sucker for a giant monster flick. The good and the bad. I will definitely go see it. Looks like it will be much better than the last one and even that one had its moments and was fun to watch.
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

JP3 was a bit fun. (They were on the mark that they needed a new baddie meatasaur.) The only good thing about JP2 was the dog house.
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

I loved all three Jurassic films. hoping they will do a four pack on dvd so I can ask for it at Christmas.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Good, good movie! More fun than I expected. Definitely the best since the original. My son and I got a few "SHHH"s, but we behaved pretty well.
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

it was awesome! i turned off my brain and just went with it. the stars were great (Pratt - Howard - Donofrio)

the dinosaurs were awesome. the effects were awesome.

awesome movie.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...

Return to “Flicks”