The Mordant's Need Trivia Game (Spoilers!!!)

"Reflect" on Stephen Donaldson's other epic fantasy

Moderator: Cord Hurn

Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

The horns?

--A
shadowbinding shoe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by shadowbinding shoe »

Geraden's horny brother?
A little knowledge is still better than no knowledge.
Esmer
Giantfriend

Post by Esmer »

IrrationalSanity wrote:
samrw3 wrote:Hmm I haven't read the books in years so I will have to ask a easy question to keep the game moving along.

What does Terisa 'hear' the time her and Geraden successfully consummated their desires? <<trying to be delicate in my wording here :D
Thanks for participating! Since you're right, this is an easy one, I'll leave it for the moment to see if we can draw out any other lurkers. :)
#HellsBells
even God must bend the knee
to the tyrant of eternity
having always been, to always have to be
samrw3
The Gap Into Spam

Post by samrw3 »

--A
Correct - your question.

Although this made me laugh out loud:
Geraden's horny brother?
shadowbinding shoe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by shadowbinding shoe »

samrw3 wrote:

--A
Correct - your question.

Geraden's horny brother?
:oops: I had a memory of him cheering them on from the next room, maybe fapping to the sounds?
A little knowledge is still better than no knowledge.
samrw3
The Gap Into Spam

Post by samrw3 »

shadowbinding shoe wrote:
samrw3 wrote:

--A
Correct - your question.

Geraden's horny brother?
:oops: I had a memory of him cheering them on from the next room, maybe fapping to the sounds?
Hmm yipes - it is entirely possible - I don't remember the scene THAT well :biggrin: But I'm still giving the answer to Avatar - well ummm he answered first yeah I'll stick with that.

Post by Avatar »

:LOLS: Damn, the eternal quandary...answer a question and you have to ask one. :D

Ok, during the siege of Orison by the Alend Monarch, what is Joyce's response to their request for a meeting under a flag of truce?

--A
IrrationalSanity
The Gap Into Spam

Post by IrrationalSanity »

samrw3 wrote:
shadowbinding shoe wrote:
samrw3 wrote: Correct - your question.

Geraden's horny brother?
Hmm yipes - it is entirely possible - I don't remember the scene THAT well :biggrin: But I'm still giving the answer to Avatar - well ummm he answered first yeah I'll stick with that.
While that may have "happened" it certainly isn't canon (it wasn't in the book). I may leave some piece of what DID happen for another trivia question... ;)
- Woody -
Linden Lover and proud of it...
But I love my wife more!

"Desecration requires no knowledge. It comes freely to any willing hand." - Amok
IrrationalSanity
The Gap Into Spam

Avatar wrote::LOLS: Damn, the eternal quandary...answer a question and you have to ask one. :D

Ok, during the siege of Orison by the Alend Monarch, what is Joyce's response to their request for a meeting under a flag of truce?

--A
He didn't come out himself. Instead he sent out Barsonage with a threat to "Unleash the full force of the Congery" against them (or words to that effect, but I believe that is the quote...) if they didn't lay off with the battering ram. Actually, I think maybe it was a catapult at that point...
- Woody -
But I love my wife more!

"Desecration requires no knowledge. It comes freely to any willing hand." - Amok

Post by Avatar »

Not the answer I was looking for...I'm talking about before the catapult.

Clue: It was Lebbick delivering the message...

--A
IrrationalSanity
The Gap Into Spam

Upon reflection, I think the threat was in the scene you are talking about, but the actual warning about the catapult came later.

What you're probably looking for his refusal of Alend's offer of alliance (which would have entailed letting them in), but rather advising them to pull back and wait for events to work themselves out.
- Woody -
But I love my wife more!

Post by Avatar »

It's what Lebbick is told to say when Kragen and Elega ride forward immediately as the Alends arrive...

--A
Cord Hurn
Servant of the Band

Post by Cord Hurn »

Lebbick does mention the threat of unleashing the Congery to route the Alends from the Earth.

Joyse, through Lebbick, makes the offer to meet Margonal under a flag of truce if the Alend army pulls back, away from Orison.

And, Joyse also has Lebbick say that he's sure Elega has acted for the best reasons, and that she carries his pride with her wherever she goes, and that hopefully the best reasons produce the best results for her sake and for his (Joyse's) sake.
IrrationalSanity
The Gap Into Spam

Cord Hurn wrote:Lebbick does mention the threat of unleashing the Congery to route the Alends from the Earth.

Joyse, through Lebbick, makes the offer to meet Margonal under a flag of truce if the Alend army pulls back, away from Orison.

And, Joyse also has Lebbick say that he's sure Elega has acted for the best reasons, and that she carries his pride with her wherever she goes, and that hopefully the best reasons produce the best results for her sake and for his (Joyse's) sake.
Sounds right to me (but I'm not the judge here...) I think it is time for a reread to de-muddle some of my memories... ;)
- Woody -
But I love my wife more!

Post by Avatar »

Cord Hurn wrote:And, Joyse also has Lebbick say that he's sure Elega has acted for the best reasons, and that she carries his pride with her wherever she goes, and that hopefully the best reasons produce the best results for her sake and for his (Joyse's) sake.
So close. The same conversation, but how does he start it? :D

--A
Cord Hurn
Servant of the Band

Post by Cord Hurn »

IrrationalSanity wrote:
Cord Hurn wrote:Lebbick does mention the threat of unleashing the Congery to route the Alends from the Earth.

Sounds right to me (but I'm not the judge here...) I think it is time for a reread to de-muddle some of my memories... ;)
I appreciate your support here, Sanity, but I can't escape the feeling that I'm missing something. :?
Cord Hurn
Servant of the Band

Post by Cord Hurn »

Cord Hurn wrote:And, Joyse also has Lebbick say that he's sure Elega has acted for the best reasons, and that she carries his pride with her wherever she goes, and that hopefully the best reasons produce the best results for her sake and for his (Joyse's) sake.
So close. The same conversation, but how does he start it? :D

--A

It appears that I will need to give this one just a little more thought. :!:
Cord Hurn
Servant of the Band

Post by Cord Hurn »

Okay, Prince Kragen relays Margonal's proposal to Joyse that they meet under a flag of truce, and King joyse has sent the message that neither Kragen nor marginal understand hop-board..

Post by Avatar »

And Cord Hurn has it. :D Neither of them understand hop-board. :D
King Joyce asks me to point out to you - and your illustrious father - that neither of you understands hop-board. You wouldn't have gotten as far as a stalemate without help. Instead of waving your swords at us, you ought to remember what happened the last time you went to war with Mordant.
--A
Cord Hurn
Servant of the Band

Post by Cord Hurn »

Thanks, Avatar!

New question:
According to what Castellan Lebbick told Artagel, why did Lebbick pick Ribuld to be his bodyguard?

Return to “Mordant's Need”