What are YOU doing here?

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

I keep thinking it's Thursday, which is unfortunate. Still don't know if I have Monday off. Technically it's still approved, but the guy who approved it was one of the ones who ended up in front of the firing squad last week. It'd be tacky of them to cancel it at this point, but that hasn't stopped them before.

Oh, a change is coming, feel these doors now closing
Is there no world for tomorrow, if we wait for today?

Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

It is Thursday. :D As long as they don't say anything, keep quiet yourself and take it off. As far as you're concerned, it's a done deal. :D

I'm waiting for everybody to arrive at work so we can go for breakfast, as per the other thread. :D

--A
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

watching Julie's mom for the week, and part of next. using their wifi.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Linna Heartbooger
Are you not a sine qua non for a redemption?

Post by Linna Heartbooger »

taking a break from math class prep. *hopeful* this Saturday's topic seems like it will work well. (and the prep won't tax me unduly.)

Sarge! :wave:
Go you, taking care of Julie's mom. Love!

You did get it off, didn't you, Sorus?
"People without hope not only don't write novels, but what is more to the point, they don't read them.
They don't take long looks at anything, because they lack the courage.
The way to despair is to refuse to have any kind of experience, and the novel, of course, is a way to have experience."
-Flannery O'Connor

"In spite of much that militates against quietness there are people who still read books. They are the people who keep me going."
-Elisabeth Elliot, Preface, "A Chance to Die: The Life and Legacy of Amy Carmichael"
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Just checking in. :)

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
JIkj fjds j
The Gap Into Spam

Post by JIkj fjds j »

Just checking out!

I'm feeling really invigorated. I have some course work in the post that should arrive in a day or two that I've been putting off far too long, and it's like a bag of bricks starting to dissolve and dissapear. A new lease on life.

Kevinswatch will be become too much of a distraction. That much I'm sure. So it's all for the best I check out, now, because by rights and conscience and self-preservasion, I actually shouldn't be here at all.
You see my name is Roderick Brisbane, (Roddy for short). Adding this to the Chronicles of Thomas Covenant makes for major mindfuckery. As I'm sure you might imagine if you tried, reading every other page there literally seems to be my name somehow there whether I like it or not. Like the Curse of all Anagrams: Lords and Banes and rings and Berek and Loric and communicaton rods and Rituals of Desecration, or what about the one where TC rips off his shirt in the Close and reveals his ring selotaped to his chest ... aaaaargh, tough to bear ... whether it's brimstone at ridjeck thome or the long and winding road that leads to the heart of the sun ... I can't but fail to convert into a single phrase of common sense. A magic bullet!

However that may be, I have made progress since the last time I was on KW. Under a different username. So two failures aint so bad really. Maybe next year I'll give it another go and see if further progress can be made then. Luckily, I now see that time is always on our side. It is of course sad when loved one's or good friends pass away, much too early I believe, for lack of faith in the abundance of health within the earth of the Land.
Onwards and upwards!

Mind you, there's always Deed Poll ... mmm, Mr.Deed Poll :wave: I like it!

Post by Avatar »

What? Oh no you don't. :D Stay, we demand it. ;) We need you help to reach 1 million posts. :D

--A
JIkj fjds j
The Gap Into Spam

Post by JIkj fjds j »

I was just thinking about how sometimes things will only become clear when they are written down. And oddly enough it had never occured to me of there being a vital link between Covenant revealing his white gold ring to the Council of Lords, which happened to be stuck to his chest, and the finding of the Second Ward in the small wooden casket in the catacombs of Mt.Thunder. For what reason would SRD use this powerful symbol?

The Second Ward of course was a means to finding Loric's Krill, which was inevitably used in killing (silencing) Satanfist Soulcrusher, (samadhi Shoel). Mhoram irrevocably plunging the krill into the Giant Raver's heart. There is another very important symbol missing from this story arc! Although it can be really difficult finding alone, and there just isn't enough activity in the Chronicles' threads - the reason why I joined Kevinswatch. :wink:

Cheers
MsMary
The Gap Into Spam

Post by MsMary »

I came here just to tell you all that my daughter got married last weekend.

:hearts:

It was quite a party.

:letsparty:

Some of you oldtimers may remember her as Foamfollower 1013, one of the inaugural members of this incarnation of Kevin's Watch, as well as one of the few remaining "EZBoard Survivors." ;)

8)
"The Cheat is GROUNDED! We had that lightswitch installed for you so you could turn the lights on and off, not so you could throw lightswitch raves!"
- I'm always all right.
- Is all right special Time Lord code for really not all right at all?

- You're all irresponsible fools!
- The Doctor: But we're very experienced irresponsible fools.

THOOLAH member since 2005

EZBoard Survivor

Post by Avatar »

Who doesn't bother to visit anymore, I might add... :D

Tell Foamy she has to visit to get congratulated (or commiserated with as the case may be. ;) )

--A
MsMary
The Gap Into Spam

Post by MsMary »

I'll let her know. ;)
"The Cheat is GROUNDED! We had that lightswitch installed for you so you could turn the lights on and off, not so you could throw lightswitch raves!"
- I'm always all right.
- Is all right special Time Lord code for really not all right at all?

- You're all irresponsible fools!
- The Doctor: But we're very experienced irresponsible fools.

THOOLAH member since 2005

EZBoard Survivor
deer of the dawn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by deer of the dawn »

...sigh... last day of vacation. Going back to Nigeria tomorrow. where I still have a couple weeks before school begins, but Ghana is a huge break from Nigerian insanity. Also, soon I need to start planning and organizing for next school year. Anyway, it has been AWESOME. I also re-read a book I've been meaning to re-read since I was a teen: Nova by Samuel Delaney, a 1968 Sci-Fi written by an African American and sooooo far ahead of its time. Loved it all over again!!
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle. -Philo of Alexandria

ahhhh... if only all our creativity in wickedness could be fixed by "Corrupt a Wish." - Linna Heartlistener

Post by Avatar »

Wait, Samuel R Delaney is black? :lol: I never knew that. Dhalgren is one of my favourite sci-fi books of all time. Don't think I enjoyed Nova that much...wait, was that the one with the cool game they played? Or was that Babel-17? I have a few of them, but Dhalgren is the one I keep going back to.

--A

Post by Avatar »

Just this week, then I've got a nice bit of leave. Just have to make it through the week...

--A
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Congrats to Foamy! :)

I'm dodging work, as usual...

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

Post by Avatar »

Yeah, me too...should really get stuff done though, but it's wet and cold and I'm seriously not motivated.

--A
StevieG
Andelanian

Post by StevieG »

Yep, another dodger here!
Hugs and sh!t ~ lucimay

I think you're right ~ TheFallen
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Work's done for the day. Well, the day job is, anyhow. I'm supposed to be checking on some book marketing efforts, but I'm really not motivated to do it. Bleah.

EZ Board Survivor

Linna Heartbooger
Are you not a sine qua non for a redemption?

Post by Linna Heartbooger »

I've been telling myself I have to do a few things and go to sleep.
I am not doing these things and have not gone to sleep.
I came here.
"People without hope not only don't write novels, but what is more to the point, they don't read them.
They don't take long looks at anything, because they lack the courage.
The way to despair is to refuse to have any kind of experience, and the novel, of course, is a way to have experience."
-Flannery O'Connor

"In spite of much that militates against quietness there are people who still read books. They are the people who keep me going."
-Elisabeth Elliot, Preface, "A Chance to Die: The Life and Legacy of Amy Carmichael"

Post by Avatar »

Here is better than doing those things. It's also better than sleep. ;)

2.5 days until I go on leave. Hooray. :D

--A

Return to “General Discussion Forum”