Gap Quiz

The Gap Into Online Internet Conversation

Moderators: Cord Hurn, Cagliostro

IrrationalSanity
The Gap Into Spam

Post by IrrationalSanity »

Savor Dam wrote:Thank you for the offer, but Av's answer was deemed correct; it's his place to pose the next question.

If I wanted to have to develop a new question, I would have put an answer out there when the question was still open, not waited for others to answer...then be too OCD to resist commenting on a minor discrepancy.
:oops:
Hey, I'm not too proud to admit when I make a mistake. I actually had a doubt, but didn't take the time to go look it up. Morn and Davies are tantamount to being the same, and they were together at the time, so which one the message was actually directed toward wasn't top of mind for me. (And yes, I know the perceived potential difference was a key point in why the message was for Davies.)
- Woody -
Linden Lover and proud of it...
But I love my wife more!

"Desecration requires no knowledge. It comes freely to any willing hand." - Amok
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Hahaha, hey, I think we should give it to SD. :D Deemed correct or not, it was nonetheless incorrect. :D

--A
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

Decisions of the judges are final.
;)
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
IrrationalSanity
The Gap Into Spam

Savor Dam wrote:Decisions of the judges are final.
;)
Not if it is the judge themselves that decides to review the play. :) This isn't a matter of fuzzy interpretation. It was a flat out incorrect call, and the correction was made before the next play. However, the beneficiary of the call is free to decline the penalty, if they so choose.
- Woody -
But I love my wife more!

"Desecration requires no knowledge. It comes freely to any willing hand." - Amok

Post by Avatar »

So wait...I got lost...whose question is it? :D

--A
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

That's not entirely clear. You were deemed correct, then I made the mistake of commenting on a nitpick discrepancy...and here we are.

Since both you and IS suggest that my doing so put me in the hot seat, I'll step up. Here's a softball: Why did Warden specify in the aforementioned machine code that Angus should show the message to Davies, rather than Morn?
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
IrrationalSanity
The Gap Into Spam

Savor Dam wrote:That's not entirely clear. You were deemed correct, then I made the mistake of commenting on a nitpick discrepancy...and here we are.

Since both you and IS suggest that my doing so put me in the hot seat, I'll step up. Here's a softball: Why did Warden specify in the aforementioned machine code that Angus should show the message to Davies, rather than Morn?
Yeah, it is yours. Great question, by the way, and probably not as much of a softball as you think... :)
- Woody -
But I love my wife more!

Hunchback Jack
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Hunchback Jack »

I can't remember, so I'll take a guess: was it because Warden trusted Davies as a free agent, not having a zone implant? He couldn't know whether Morn was under Nick's control?
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

That isn't exactly right, but I'll take it.
"Those strings didn't make any sense to me." Angus put in unexpectedly. "Trumpet's computers didn't recognize them. But when I recited them to my computer datalink -- like an instruction set of some kind --" A light the color of sulfuric acid glared in his eyes. "At first nothing changed. But as soon as Nick left the ship, my datacore made me show Davies the message."

Not Morn: Davies. The UMCP director had no way of guessing how badly Morn might have been hurt by Angus and Nick. He couldn't gauge what she might do if she controlled Angus. So he'd chosen her son. Without knowing him, Warden Dios had given him the same power Nick had.

At the time, the decision to free Angus had been too much for Davies. Morn had been forced to make it alone. But he could make choices now.
Over to you, HBJ.
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

~ Barbara Reinhold

~ George Bernard Shaw
StevieG
Andelanian

Post by StevieG »

(clears throat) - we're waiting HBJ :D
Hugs and sh!t ~ lucimay

I think you're right ~ TheFallen

Post by Avatar »

Woohoo! Dodged that one. ;)

--A
Cord Hurn
Servant of the Band

Post by Cord Hurn »

StevieG wrote:(clears throat) - we're waiting HBJ :D
I have sent Hunchback Jack a PM letting him know he's in charge of the next Gap Quiz question if he still wants to pose a question, StevieG. I favor waiting about another week or two to see if he will respond.
StevieG
Andelanian

Post by StevieG »

Sounds like a plan :D
Hugs and sh!t ~ lucimay

I think you're right ~ TheFallen
Cord Hurn
Servant of the Band

Post by Cord Hurn »

StevieG wrote:Sounds like a plan :D
I say we give Hunchback Jack just a little more time, StevieG, say by the 15th of the month, and then if he doesn't respond by that day either you or I can ask the next Gap Quiz question (your choice).
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

I'd even give Av an opportunity to be the one to pose the next question.

Over two months ago, Av was deemed the correct respondent by IS...until I less-than-prudently nitpicked the answer and ended up tasked with setting the next question. HBJ answered that question to my satisfaction (and nobody second-guessed that), then HBJ went MIA.

After that side trip, Av has as much right to put up the next question as anyone...if he wants to do so.
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

~ Barbara Reinhold

~ George Bernard Shaw
Cord Hurn
Servant of the Band

Post by Cord Hurn »

Savor Dam wrote:I'd even give Av an opportunity to be the one to pose the next question.

Over two months ago, Av was deemed the correct respondent by IS...until I less-than-prudently nitpicked the answer and ended up tasked with setting the next question. HBJ answered that question to my satisfaction (and nobody second-guessed that), then HBJ went MIA.

After that side trip, Av has as much right to put up the next question as anyone...if he wants to do so.
I'm certainly fine with Avatar asking the next Gap Quiz question, if that is what he wishes.
IrrationalSanity
The Gap Into Spam

Cord Hurn wrote:
Savor Dam wrote:I'd even give Av an opportunity to be the one to pose the next question.

I'm certainly fine with Avatar asking the next Gap Quiz question, if that is what he wishes.
No objections from this corner.
- Woody -
But I love my wife more!

Post by Avatar »

:LOLS:

C'mon guys...we all know that this is a careful game of pass the buck. ;)

Ok, I'll play along... :P

What were the circumstances under which "Dolph Ubikwe was positively delighted to offer that malign, welded rapist and butcher all the support he could." ?

--A
Cord Hurn
Servant of the Band

Post by Cord Hurn »

I think it was when he was to help Angus retrieve Warden Dios from the Amnion.

Post by Avatar »

I think that your (relatively) recent look into the indomitable Dolph has advantaged you in that question. :D

Correct, you may have the floor. :D

--A

Return to “The Gap Series”