The Mordant's Need Trivia Game (Spoilers!!!)

"Reflect" on Stephen Donaldson's other epic fantasy

Moderator: Cord Hurn

Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

I'm a big fan of subtlety myself. Just, not always open to it or something. :D

--A
IrrationalSanity
The Gap Into Spam

Post by IrrationalSanity »

Avatar wrote:I'm a big fan of subtlety myself. Just, not always open to it or something. :D

--A
Hanging a lampshade on this - my previous post was actually providing hints as to the missing part of your answers.
- Woody -
Linden Lover and proud of it...
But I love my wife more!

"Desecration requires no knowledge. It comes freely to any willing hand." - Amok

Post by Avatar »

:LOLS: Those fuzzy things with teeth...are they different from wolves? (I actually always think of King's "The Langoliers" myself... :D

--A
samrw3
The Gap Into Spam

Post by samrw3 »

Avatar wrote::LOLS: Those fuzzy things with teeth...are they different from wolves? (I actually always think of King's "The Langoliers" myself... :D

--A
I will give you that one. The actual quote is "a black shape full of teeth" since it never described any more specifics I could not allow wolves since it did not specifically mention wolves. We have no detailed idea what it was. In my mind I picture a big black evil Furby like thing.

So we have 1. Black shape full of teeth
2. Shapes came down from above Quote "Above her - higher than her own vantage. That was how it eluded her: she hadn't taken into account the way the black shape came down onto her defenders"

So we still need 3 - what image did she replace the original image with?

You may get better idea if you decide to look out your window during winter time ( I am almost giving the answer away here 8O )
Not every person is going to understand you and that's okay. They have a right to their opinion and you have every right to ignore it.

Post by Avatar »

I live in Africa. ;)

--A
IrrationalSanity
The Gap Into Spam

Avatar wrote:I live in Africa. ;)

--A
Well, never mind the winter reference. You've probably seen your own mirrors after you take a shower, though.
- Woody -
But I love my wife more!

"Desecration requires no knowledge. It comes freely to any willing hand." - Amok

Post by Avatar »

Mist / steam / fog...snow...

:lol:

Anybody who actually knows feel free, I'll cede this one happily...

--A
IrrationalSanity
The Gap Into Spam

Avatar wrote:Mist / steam / fog...snow...

:lol:

Anybody who actually knows feel free, I'll cede this one happily...

--A
Stop trying to fill in the _______, and you'll figure it out.
- Woody -
But I love my wife more!

Post by Avatar »

:LOLS:

Blank?

--A
samrw3
The Gap Into Spam

Post by samrw3 »

samrw3 wrote:
Avatar wrote::LOLS: Those fuzzy things with teeth...are they different from wolves? (I actually always think of King's "The Langoliers" myself... :D

--A
I will give you that one. The actual quote is "a black shape full of teeth" since it never described any more specifics I could not allow wolves since it did not specifically mention wolves. We have no detailed idea what it was. In my mind I picture a big black evil Furby like thing.

2. Shapes came down from above Quote "Above her - higher than her own vantage. That was how it eluded her: she hadn't taken into account the way the black shape came down onto her defenders"

You may get better idea if you decide to look out your window during winter time ( I am almost giving the answer away here 8O )
Ding Ding correct blank! I most likely made the whole process more confusing because IS had started off the hints with one part of the answer and my hints were another part of the answer. I would have accepted either part of the answer and blank qualifies as part of the answer!

1. black shape full of teeth
2. from above
3. blank ...totally correct answer "she turned what she saw opaque, gave it an image as blank as frosted glass"

So I would have accepted opaque, blank or frosted glass.

Not every person is going to understand you and that's okay. They have a right to their opinion and you have every right to ignore it.
IrrationalSanity
The Gap Into Spam

samrw3 wrote:
samrw3 wrote:

--A

Ding Ding correct blank! I most likely made the whole process more confusing because IS had started off the hints with one part of the answer and my hints were another part of the answer. I would have accepted either part of the answer and blank qualifies as part of the answer!

1. black shape full of teeth
2. from above
3. blank ...totally correct answer "she turned what she saw opaque, gave it an image as blank as frosted glass"

So I would have accepted opaque, blank or frosted glass.

Just for the record, even my first hint actually incorporated all of the aspects...
Before everyone gets all hairy over this {I still remember them being described as hairy/furry/fuzzy at one point}, I could drop a few hints {from above}. Of course, if you continue to draw a blank {actually pretty much gave it away here!}, there isn't much more I can do for you...
[/i]
- Woody -
But I love my wife more!

Post by Avatar »

:LOLS:

Under protest...

In the audience in the audience of the siege, during which Gart attacks, and Lebbick is killed, Eremis and Gilbur are translated into the hall...What two weapons are carried by Eremis?

--A
IrrationalSanity
The Gap Into Spam

Under protest...

In the audience in the audience of the siege, during which Gart attacks, and Lebbick is killed, Eremis and Gilbur are translated into the hall...What two weapons are carried by Eremis?

--A
That is an amazing question! I'm not totally sure what the answer is, so I'm going to dispense with the hints, and take a real guess...

I have a couple thoughts, but my clearest leads me to believe he was armed with a sword, and a personal mirror. I think the personal mirror dispensed acid, but I'm not sure about that.
- Woody -
But I love my wife more!

Post by Avatar »

Congratulations, you're absolutely right. A sword and a small mirror.

(The mirror actually translated a creature "the size and shape of a fruit bat" but only one before Geraden manages to break it.)

Well remembered. Your question. :D

--A
IrrationalSanity
The Gap Into Spam

Avatar wrote:Congratulations, you're absolutely right. A sword and a small mirror.

(The mirror actually translated a creature "the size and shape of a fruit bat" but only one before Geraden manages to break it.)

Well remembered. Your question. :D

--A
Ah! Of course, I would have thought you would hold out for the bat. :)

In any case, I guess I'm up. I think maybe I'll toss out an apparent softball (it may be harder than it looks, if you don't catch my meaning...).

Which of the Lords we meet had no part in Joyce's original campaign?
- Woody -
But I love my wife more!

IrrationalSanity
The Gap Into Spam

IrrationalSanity wrote:
Avatar wrote: In any case, I guess I'm up. I think maybe I'll toss out an apparent softball (it may be harder than it looks, if you don't catch my meaning...).

Which of the Lords we meet had no part in Joyce's original campaign?
Not a hint, but a clarification - I'm referring to the Lords we meet in early chapters of Mirror, not the entire story arc...
- Woody -
But I love my wife more!

Post by Avatar »

The Dom?

(Nah, "mirror" was good enough...I probably shouldn't have specified "2" weapons though...would have been smarter to just ask how he was armed. :D )

--A
IrrationalSanity
The Gap Into Spam

(Nah, "mirror" was good enough...I probably shouldn't have specified "2" weapons though...would have been smarter to just ask how he was armed. :D )

--A
Nope. The Domne had a role (providing "balance"), even though he didn't provide fighters.

There was actually an (unintentional) hint embedded in the lead-up to my question.
- Woody -
But I love my wife more!

Post by Avatar »

Damn it, who was the Lord everybody hated? The Armigite? (Something like that?)

--A
IrrationalSanity
The Gap Into Spam

Avatar wrote:Damn it, who was the Lord everybody hated? The Armigite? (Something like that?)

--A
:bwave:
:nanaparty:
:bwave:

You got it! The Armigite (sp?) we meet was the son of the original, who was well quite well respected. We don't know what (if any) active role his father played, but we do know with certainty this heir was not part of the King's first campaign in any meaningful way. (And, as described, seemed to be quite the "softball")
- Woody -
But I love my wife more!

Return to “Mordant's Need”