How do you feel today?

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Post by duchess of malfi »

Good luck with that...house hunting and mortgages always make me want to pull my hair out! :crazy:

And good luck with the job thing SBG! :)

Hope those having health or other problems are feeling better! :hearts:

The weather has been nuts here the last few days. Thunderstorms, windstorms, this morning there is snow..... 8O

We've been busy trying to plan out our vacation in June. Looks like we'll initially go to Chicago and see a White Sox game and King Tut. Then we will head up to Wisconsin to see the Frank Lloyd Wright estate and visit the Wisconsin Dells and all of those water parks for a few days. :D Then back to Chicago for a Cubbies game. 8) This trip will be the high school graduation gift for my older son, so we're trying to do all of the stuff he will enjoy. 8)
Love as thou wilt.

Revan
Drool Rockworm's Servant

Post by Revan »

duchess of malfi wrote:Good luck with that...house hunting and mortgages always make me want to pull my hair out! :crazy:

And good luck with the job thing SBG! :)

Hope those having health or other problems are feeling better! :hearts:

The weather has been nuts here the last few days. Thunderstorms, windstorms, this morning there is snow..... 8O

We've been busy trying to plan out our vacation in June. Looks like we'll initially go to Chicago and see a White Sox game and King Tut. Then we will head up to Wisconsin to see the Frank Lloyd Wright estate and visit the Wisconsin Dells and all of those water parks for a few days. :D Then back to Chicago for a Cubbies game. 8) This trip will be the high school graduation gift for my older son, so we're trying to do all of the stuff he will enjoy. 8)
Sounds great. Your sons is fortunate to have a mother like you Duchess. :Hail: Few people I know would do that for their kids. :Hail:
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Last year there was an incident where I was bullied at work by some staff. Despite that I may come across here as opinionated and arrogant, in real life I am a very timid individual who rarely calls people wrong or faces up to them. So a group at work ran me down alot. Well, I complained to management and a bullying and harassment investigation was initiated. Now it's finished. Well, the bullies have decided to get a Freedom of Information Act passed so they can find out who complained and what was said. And to use their words they plan 'to take to court who ever said bad things' and one lady said 'she will beat out the words of whoever complained.' So now there's a big thing at work where myself and several others are trying to fight the release of the information.

Basically, the bullies are working at bullying me again.

Add to the fact my worries over my epilepsy.

I fucking hate bullies.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Sheesh LoreMaster. Sounds like you need a more relaxed working environment.

Good luck.

--A
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Thanks, Avatar. I am trying so hard to find work elsewhere.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
kevinswatch
"High" Lord
Location: In the dark, lonely cave that dwells within my eternal soul of despair. It's next to a Pizza Hut.

Post by kevinswatch »

NEURALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

NETWORKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heh. Sorry. Just needed to get that out of my system.

And I'm all alone here in the department's computer lab, so it's OK for me to yell.

Oh wait, here comes someone.

I guess I should put my pants back on.

:shifty:

Heh.-jay
Alynna Lis Eachann
Lord

Post by Alynna Lis Eachann »

kevinswatch wrote:NEURALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

And I'm all alone here in the department's computer lab, so it's OK for me to yell.

Heh.-jay
:haha: :haha:
"We probably could have saved ourselves, but we were too damned lazy to try very hard... and too damn cheap." - Kurt Vonnegut

"Now if you remember all great paintings have an element of tragedy to them. Uh, for instance if you remember from last week, the unicorn was stuck on the aircraft carrier and couldn't get off. That was very sad. " - Kids in the Hall
Spring
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Spring »

:haha: Jay.

Loremaster: That sucks. My best wishes on everything going well for you. :)

(After all, we wouldn't want anything delaying your book, would we? :P)
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Spring wrote::haha: Jay.

Loremaster: That sucks. My best wishes on everything going well for you. :)

(After all, we wouldn't want anything delaying your book, would we? :P)
Thanks, Spring.
The bullying element only makes me more avid in writing; it's relaxing and I know I'm better than the morons at work - my novel will make me better than they are.
variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

Your novel doesn't need to do that Michael - you are better than them simply because you choose not to engage in such pathetic behaviour, at least in my opinion. The novel is just icing on the cake. |G
You do not hear, and so you cannot be redeemed.

In the name of their ancient pride and humiliation, they had made commitments with no possible outcome except bereavement.

He knew only that they had never striven to reject the boundaries of themselves.

Post by Avatar »

Well said Vs. Well said indeed.

--A
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

variol son wrote:Your novel doesn't need to do that Michael - you are better than them simply because you choose not to engage in such pathetic behaviour, at least in my opinion. The novel is just icing on the cake. |G
That was very kind of you. I regard you as one of my favourite people. Thankyou.
Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

Well, today I'm just pissed off... A couple of recent events have forced me to recognize that apparently the concept of a man asking a woman out for lunch just out of a genuine desire for simple friendship is no longer contemplated. It seems that if you try to do that, you're immediately assumed to be hitting on her and - unless she knows you enough already and knows you're not interested in her - you are immediately and summarily rejected. This is particularly true, apparently, if the woman in question has a boyfriend.

Now, I know (I hope!) this is not a common or general feeling; but I can't help but think that "thanks" to the sort of guys whose only idea of meaningful interaction with women is getting in bed with them, guys who instead do believe in friendship end up being lumped together with the previous kind. So, apparently, at least here, the only way for a man to successfully ask a woman to go out as friends is if the woman knows you already enough, and knows you're not interested in her, which means in turn that it's extremely hard, or outright impossible, to establish a friendship with someone with whom you cannot regularly interact. In the aforementioned case, the woman in question is working in another lab, and I only meet her very rarely; the reason I asked her out for lunch (at the university mensa - the least romantic spot on Earth!) was exactly because, given the rarity of our casual meetings, I thought it would be nice to meet and chat for a while... It looks like it doesn't work that way.

Ah well... don't mind me, it's just a momentary bout of frustration :D

Post by Avatar »

Ce la vie Xar. *shrug*

--A
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Xar wrote:Well, today I'm just pissed off... A couple of recent events have forced me to recognize that apparently the concept of a man asking a woman out for lunch just out of a genuine desire for simple friendship is no longer contemplated. It seems that if you try to do that, you're immediately assumed to be hitting on her and - unless she knows you enough already and knows you're not interested in her - you are immediately and summarily rejected. This is particularly true, apparently, if the woman in question has a boyfriend.

Now, I know (I hope!) this is not a common or general feeling; but I can't help but think that "thanks" to the sort of guys whose only idea of meaningful interaction with women is getting in bed with them, guys who instead do believe in friendship end up being lumped together with the previous kind. So, apparently, at least here, the only way for a man to successfully ask a woman to go out as friends is if the woman knows you already enough, and knows you're not interested in her, which means in turn that it's extremely hard, or outright impossible, to establish a friendship with someone with whom you cannot regularly interact. In the aforementioned case, the woman in question is working in another lab, and I only meet her very rarely; the reason I asked her out for lunch (at the university mensa - the least romantic spot on Earth!) was exactly because, given the rarity of our casual meetings, I thought it would be nice to meet and chat for a while... It looks like it doesn't work that way.

You can't win even explaining the real intention, as that might cause tension, I bet. Sorry to hear, Xar.
Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

Loremaster wrote:
Xar wrote:Well, today I'm just pissed off... A couple of recent events have forced me to recognize that apparently the concept of a man asking a woman out for lunch just out of a genuine desire for simple friendship is no longer contemplated. It seems that if you try to do that, you're immediately assumed to be hitting on her and - unless she knows you enough already and knows you're not interested in her - you are immediately and summarily rejected. This is particularly true, apparently, if the woman in question has a boyfriend.

You can't win even explaining the real intention, as that might cause tension, I bet. Sorry to hear, Xar.
Well, actually, I got so frustrated and annoyed about the whole thing, given that it's not the first time that it happens, that I sent her an e-mail (the way we had been communicating, given that calling through the phone was not really nice) explaining my real intentions and telling her that, if she really doesn't believe me or doesn't care, she might at least tell it plainly rather than going on with innuendos; at this point, honestly, I don't care about tension. So I've told her the real reason; if she doesn't accept or if she thinks it's not enough, tough luck... if someone is not even able to appreciate honesty, she's not worth worrying about it.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Xar wrote: if someone is not even able to appreciate honesty, she's not worth worrying about it.
This I agree with. Well said.
Sunbaneglasses
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sunbaneglasses »

Loremaster wrote:Last year there was an incident where I was bullied at work by some staff. Despite that I may come across here as opinionated and arrogant, in real life I am a very timid individual who rarely calls people wrong or faces up to them. So a group at work ran me down alot. Well, I complained to management and a bullying and harassment investigation was initiated. Now it's finished. Well, the bullies have decided to get a Freedom of Information Act passed so they can find out who complained and what was said. And to use their words they plan 'to take to court who ever said bad things' and one lady said 'she will beat out the words of whoever complained.' So now there's a big thing at work where myself and several others are trying to fight the release of the information.

Basically, the bullies are working at bullying me again.

Add to the fact my worries over my epilepsy.

I ******* hate bullies.

Piss on the c**ts,find another job and on your way out tell them all to kiss your ass.
Revan
Drool Rockworm's Servant

Post by Revan »

kevinswatch wrote:NEURALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Heh.-jay
:LOLS: :haha: Jay, you're a riot! :D

Loremaster, the thing with bullies is simple - they want victims, not opponents, don't be their victim. Always look in their eye, even say hi and smile at them in a cocky way to show you're completely unfraid. It works, a lot of the time. Hope all goes well. :) |G
Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

Loremaster wrote:
Xar wrote: if someone is not even able to appreciate honesty, she's not worth worrying about it.
This I agree with. Well said.
Heh, I got her reply... she said she felt hassled by my emails because I would reply to hers the same day she would write, and because she interpreted my explanation as an accusation against her honesty, so in the end she forbid me from contacting her again... now this is really weird. Partly I feel sad because perhaps, if I had taken things a little slower, a friendship might have developed, but partly I feel annoyed because she apparently decided that I was accusing her of duplicity... I guess I'll just have to make an effort to put the whole thing out of my mind, despite my natural stubbornness ;)

Return to “General Discussion Forum”