Your Favourite Sunbane

A place to discuss the books in the FC and SC. *Please Note* No LC spoilers allowed in this forum. Do so in the forum below.

Moderators: kevinswatch, Orlion

Which Sun would you least hate

Desert Sun
13%
Fertile Sun
45%
Sun Of Pestilence
3%
Sun Of Rain
39%

Total votes: 31

W.B.
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by W.B. »

I chose rain, too. It would get very annoying being wet and flooded all the time, but too much rain won't give you sunstroke, the pestilance is just awful, and though I love trees, the way the fertile sun is described, it would just be too horrible to watch such unnatural growth.
The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function.
-F. Scott Fitzgerald

Stephen R. Donaldson Ate My Dictionary
Landwaster
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Landwaster »

Thanks all for partaking! Obviously all of them are pretty nasty! I agree that the sun of rain was just water ... the water wasn't in pain from what we could tell.
Do you think I like being this dangerous?
Mouseglove
Woodhelvennin

Post by Mouseglove »

White-water rafting down the Mithil for me. Rain all the way.
"Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil." -Mouseglove
Forestal
Bloodguard

Post by Forestal »

lol, white water down the mithil, now that would be something to experience!!

last one to andelain's a rotten egg :P
"Damn!!! Wildwood was unbelievably cool!!!!!" - Fist&Faith
"Yeah Forestal is the one to be bowed to!! All hail Forestal of the pantaloon intelligencia!" - Skyweir

I'm not on the Watch often, but I always return eventually.
Landwaster
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Landwaster »

I wanna go to Mount Thunder. Take-me-take-me-take-me-take-me now. Now! Now! Now! Now! Now!
Do you think I like being this dangerous?
Hellfire
Giantfriend

Post by Hellfire »

I choose the fertile sun without the health sense. Sunder said his people seemed to rejoice when it came along so before Linden saw it, everyone in the land thought it was a good thing. The sun of rain would be the worse for me. The costant roar pounding against the surface, staying soaked and uncomfortable all the time, and you know rain coming down that hard does not feel good against the skin.
"Hellfire! Everybody in this whole business, you and everyone keep accusing me of being some sort of closet expert. I tell you, I don't know one damn thing about this unless someone explains it to me. I'm not your bloody Berek."
Forestal
Bloodguard

Post by Forestal »

Landwaster wrote:I wanna go to Mount Thunder. Take-me-take-me-take-me-take-me now. Now! Now! Now! Now! Now!
now now landwaster, we all know your not allowed there :P
"Damn!!! Wildwood was unbelievably cool!!!!!" - Fist&Faith
"Yeah Forestal is the one to be bowed to!! All hail Forestal of the pantaloon intelligencia!" - Skyweir

I'm not on the Watch often, but I always return eventually.
Ur-Chico
Stonedownor

Post by Ur-Chico »

I chose the desert sun (I also live in the desert and am pretty much used to it). I remember reading that it rained so hard under the sun of rain that you couldn't even see. I imagine it would have hurt a bit, too, to be pelted non-stop for 12 hours. A fertile sun would have been alright if you kept moving all the time (I'm tired already). And the bugs would just drive me insane under a sun of pestilence. Oh, and no health sense at all with either of them (shiver the thought). :)
Jack-of-all-trades, master-of-none
Baradakas
Lord

Post by Baradakas »

Give me that rain!

-B
"Fortunate circumstances do not equate to high ideals."

"Mostly muffins sir."- My answer in response to the question posed by the officer, "Son, do you have anything on you I should know about?"

His response: "Holy $&!^. He's not kidding! Look at all these muffins!"
variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

I chose the Desert Sun because, like LA said, under that sun things aren't poisoned or violent or corrupt. Just dead. And I think that although the Pestilent Sun would be the worst to travel in, the Fertile sun was the most evil. LA's reaction to it, her description of how disgusting it looked on the inside, despite how good it looked on the outside, was quite powerful for me.

Sum sui generis
Vs
You do not hear, and so you cannot be redeemed.

In the name of their ancient pride and humiliation, they had made commitments with no possible outcome except bereavement.

He knew only that they had never striven to reject the boundaries of themselves.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

I chose Fertile Sun because there'd be something to eat. It would be more manageable than the other suns: cold with rain sun, heat with desert sun, disease with pestilence sun.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!

Return to “The First and Second Chronicles of Thomas Covenant”