Introducing . . .

A place to share and discuss fan made artwork of the Chronicles.

Moderator: danlo

SGuilfoyle1966
Giantfriend

Post by SGuilfoyle1966 »

Don't know why, but I always pictured Linden in a flannel shirt and blue jeans, at least when she went after Covenant and ended up in the Land.
That last one.
Scary shirt. Scary.
Do, or do not. There is no try.
I think you like me because I'm a scoundrel.
Irishman and Gamecock fan
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Im thinking a sweatshirt or flannel as well. The way she is described makes me think of the way my daughter dresses. First off my daughter is well endowed. But there are some things that she wears that you cant tell that she is well endowed.

Also is it just me or are the boobs in this last picture too far apart? I guess it could be good for running, she could just tuck them under her arms. :twisted:
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

SGuilfoyle1966 wrote:Don't know why, but I always pictured Linden in a flannel shirt and blue jeans, at least when she went after Covenant and ended up in the Land.
That's a good picture.
In [u]The Wounded Land[/u] was wrote:... she had dressed herself in a checked flannel shirt, tough jeans, and a pair of sturdy hiking shoes.
In [u]The One Tree[/u] was wrote:At Rire Grist's command, the throng on the docks parted. A babble of curious voices rose around Linden in tongues she did not know. Foremost among them were the brackish accents of the Bhrathair. Only a few onlookers chose to express their wonder in the common language of the port-the language Linden understood. But those few seemed to convey the general tenor of the talk. They claimed to their neighbors that they had seen sights as unusual as Giants before, that the Haruchai and Findail were not especially remarkable. But Linden and Covenant - she in her checked flannel shirt and tough pants, he in his old T-shirt and jeans - were considered to be queerly dressed; and Vain, as odd a being as any in this part of the world.
In [u]White Gold Weilder[/u] was wrote:For a moment, he was so conscious of her nearness to collapse that he failed to notice the fact that she, too, was wearing her old clothes - the checked flannel shirt, tough jeans, and sturdy shoes in which she had first entered the Land.
SGuilfoyle1966 wrote:That last one.
Scary shirt. Scary.
Yes. That's the kind of shirt you throw to the floor and stomp on before it gets away.

Hube has an interesting sence of humour, I surmise.
hue of fuzzpaws
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by hue of fuzzpaws »

TSCOTC pg.29

"After she had washed away as much of the blackness as she could reach with soap and water, she donned a dull grey dress that had the effect of minimizing her feminity . . ."

"Let's not fight. I don't like fighting" Frostheart Grueburn
Ur Dead
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Ur Dead »

1. She is a doctor, not a floozy
2. She does smile.
What's this silver looking ring doing on my finger?
hue of fuzzpaws
<i>Haruchai</i>

IrrationalSanity
The Gap Into Spam

Post by IrrationalSanity »

That one works fairly well for me. Her legs are a bit long in proportion to the rest of her body, though.
- Woody -
Linden Lover and proud of it...
But I love my wife more!

"Desecration requires no knowledge. It comes freely to any willing hand." - Amok
Vader
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vader »

I know it's wrong and hob's pics all look fine but for me Linden always had a bit of a Captain Janeway appearance (probably because both can be equally annyoing at times).
Functionless art is vandalism. I am the vandal.
lorin
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lorin »

hue of bone wrote:Image
\\

this one is good!
The loudest truth I ever heard was the softest sound.
SGuilfoyle1966
Giantfriend

Post by SGuilfoyle1966 »

SGuilfoyle1966 wrote:
Don't know why, but I always pictured Linden in a flannel shirt and blue jeans, at least when she went after Covenant and ended up in the Land.

That's a good picture.
In The Wounded Land was wrote:
... she had dressed herself in a checked flannel shirt, tough jeans, and a pair of sturdy hiking shoes.

In The One Tree was wrote:
At Rire Grist's command, the throng on the docks parted. A babble of curious voices rose around Linden in tongues she did not know. Foremost among them were the brackish accents of the Bhrathair. Only a few onlookers chose to express their wonder in the common language of the port-the language Linden understood. But those few seemed to convey the general tenor of the talk. They claimed to their neighbors that they had seen sights as unusual as Giants before, that the Haruchai and Findail were not especially remarkable. But Linden and Covenant - she in her checked flannel shirt and tough pants, he in his old T-shirt and jeans - were considered to be queerly dressed; and Vain, as odd a being as any in this part of the world.

In White Gold Weilder was wrote:
For a moment, he was so conscious of her nearness to collapse that he failed to notice the fact that she, too, was wearing her old clothes - the checked flannel shirt, tough jeans, and sturdy shoes in which she had first entered the Land.
Maybe that's why?
Do, or do not. There is no try.
I think you like me because I'm a scoundrel.
Irishman and Gamecock fan
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Two notes which I hope are helpful.

Donaldson said her hair was shoulder-length. He never said it was straight. I'm not saying perm here ... but a little wave would be permissible.

Second: a checked flannel shirt and jeans. (Although I always imagined red, this is the best image I could locate.)

hue of fuzzpaws
<i>Haruchai</i>

Linden Shirt Mk1

This needs tweaking, however, is this how people see it?
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

That's almost how I see it. I always imagine the the top three buttons would be unbuttoned. Linden seems to me to be a three buttons unbuttoned kind of girl. And it would definitely not be tucked in, but would be the sort that could be tucked in -- see the pic of the blue shirt above. And it wouldn't be the form-fitting kind, with a narrow waist, it'd be the straight-sided, wear-it-to-keep-warm-not-look-cute kind. Okay, it's not almost how I see it, but it's good.
rdhopeca
The Master

Post by rdhopeca »

Linden seems to me to be a three buttons unbuttoned kind of girl.
:haha:
Rob

"Progress is made. Be warned."
hue of fuzzpaws
<i>Haruchai</i>

hue of fuzzpaws
<i>Haruchai</i>

wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Oh, yeah. I wonder what others think. But I think this is real good.
Blackhawk
Bloodguard

Post by Blackhawk »

Perfect... shes got the look of a hard past but not unhealthy, I agreee with wayfriend, Very good portrayal of Linden.

is that the same shirt you were asking about? but with flannel texturing?

let me know if you got my reply. not sure if it helped or not but saves time in post process until we can find a real solution.

Excellent version of Linden... I wouldnt change anything.
hue of fuzzpaws
<i>Haruchai</i>

Thank you Blackhawk :D
Earthpower
Servant of the Land

Post by Earthpower »

I really like that last one great job. I have just reread the first and second chronicles and now reading Runes. I really like the character of Linden and her love for the land. :biggrin:

Return to “The Chronicles Art Gallery”