Introducing . . .

A place to share and discuss fan made artwork of the Chronicles.

Moderator: danlo

hue of fuzzpaws
<i>Haruchai</i>

Introducing . . .

Post by hue of fuzzpaws »

"Let's not fight. I don't like fighting" Frostheart Grueburn
lorin
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lorin »

Linden? Interesting, I always imagined Linden looked like Lindsey Wagner, and this pic looks just like Lindsey Wagner. I didnt imagine Linden having such a sexual body, though, maybe it's just the clothes.
The loudest truth I ever heard was the softest sound.
Blackhawk
Bloodguard

Post by Blackhawk »

Same here... I had a picture of Lindsey Wagner as Linden too...funny enough i just started watching the Bionic Woman series recently :)

Good Job Hue.

If you need clothing or want to alter clothing Zbrush is Awesome for making alterations to simple cloth items... if they are in obj format anyway.
rdhopeca
The Master

Post by rdhopeca »

lorin wrote:Linden? Interesting, I always imagined Linden looked like Lindsey Wagner, and this pic looks just like Lindsey Wagner. I didnt imagine Linden having such a sexual body, though, maybe it's just the clothes.
Seriously, my first thought was "this could be Linden, but I don't remember her being this hot"
Rob

"Progress is made. Be warned."
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

Fourth in line, agreeing on both points. This woman matches the mental image of Linden very well, but the top is too tarty for our self-doubting physician.

It is not the body; SRD makes it clear that Linden is decidedly female, but her mode of dress minimizes this rather than accentuating it.
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

No kidding, if she looked like that, I'd give up my THOOLAH membership.
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
hue of fuzzpaws
<i>Haruchai</i>

wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

rdhopeca wrote:Seriously, my first thought was "this could be Linden, but I don't remember her being this hot"
Oh, Linden is hot all right.

Hube, this is a good one. It doesn't exactly match my mental image, but I'll say that it does match the description in the books pretty well.

I think the best description, and the most critical to address in your depiction, comes early in the Second Chronicles.
In [u]The Wounded Land[/u] was wrote:Hard work and clenched emotions had not hurt the gratuitous womanliness of her body, or dulled the essential luster of her shoulder-length wheaten hair, or harmed the structural beauty of her face. Her driven and self-contained life had not changed the way her eyes misted and ran almost without provocation. But lines had already marked her face, leaving her with a perpetual frown of concentration above the bridge of her straight, delicate nose, and gullies like the implications of pain on either side of her mouth - a mouth which had originally been formed for something more generous than the life which had befallen her. And her voice had become flat, so that it sounded more like a diagnostic tool, a way of eliciting pertinent data, than a vehicle for communication.
[Edit]This post crossed your last entry ... I have no idea what you're doing, dude. But I'm sure that Linden figures in someones fantasy... :)
hue of fuzzpaws
<i>Haruchai</i>

wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

See you trying, dude. But you've veered into "The twister wrecked my trailer and all my cigarettes are gone".
IrrationalSanity
The Gap Into Spam

Post by IrrationalSanity »

wayfriend wrote:See you trying, dude. But you've veered into "The twister wrecked my trailer and all my cigarettes are gone".
ROFLMAO!!

I agree completely! Actually, the second pic is closer, though still a touch off. The idea here is that she is a very beautiful woman who simply doesn't believe it of herself, or if she does, tries deliberately to minimize it.
- Woody -
Linden Lover and proud of it...
But I love my wife more!

"Desecration requires no knowledge. It comes freely to any willing hand." - Amok
hue of fuzzpaws
<i>Haruchai</i>

RE: Trailer Trash Linden

What are the main objections to TTL

1) Face

2)Hair

3)Clothing

4)Something totally unrelated as I have received a 'Dear John' from the Tax Office

Feedback always appreciated
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

For me its the hair.. a bit too.... split endish....

or dulled the essential luster

I like the hair in the second one more...if you put that hair on the third picture... and took that blouse and burned it somewhere and then scattered the ashes in the desert....and bought her a new one...
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
hue of fuzzpaws
<i>Haruchai</i>

8O Why? what's wrong with it?

:twisted:
soft one
Ramen

Post by soft one »

So far, I like the middle one the best. The 3rd one's hair is a little too frayed. Besides, they didn't really get to bathe too much while in the Land. Her hair would be a little more greasy instead of dried out with split ends.
Covenant turned in time to see a short figure detach itself from the burning mud, step queasily onto the hard ground.

The figure was scarcely taller than the skest, and shaped like them, a misborn child without eyes or any other features. But it was made of mud. Flames flickered over it as it climbed from the fire, then died away, leaving a dull brown creature like a sculpture poorly wrought in clay. Reddish pockets embedded in its form glowed dully.
hue of fuzzpaws
<i>Haruchai</i>

IrrationalSanity
The Gap Into Spam

Polka-dot Linden is getting closer. Hard to choose between her and maroon suit Linden.

Too much shoulder - what is she, a linebacker? (Might be OK for the First, though...)

I would like to see a little longer hair, and though the expression is good, something to make her face more attractively feminine - no makeup, but maybe a bit more/higher cheekbone, and up the symmetry?

The bow is also a bit strong of a fashion statement. (Though it does go with the 80's shoulder pads.) I'm thinking a simple button shirt, open a couple buttons at the collar, but not plunging into slightly reduced cleavage.
- Woody -
But I love my wife more!

"Desecration requires no knowledge. It comes freely to any willing hand." - Amok
wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

You could take the easy way out and just photoshop Naomi Watts as she appeared in Eastern Promises. :)

IrrationalSanity
The Gap Into Spam

:goodpost:

OK. You win.
- Woody -
But I love my wife more!

hue of fuzzpaws
<i>Haruchai</i>

Return to “The Chronicles Art Gallery”