Rock Brothers

A place to share and discuss fan made artwork of the Chronicles.

Moderator: danlo

marineguy
Ramen

Post by marineguy »

Hi marineguy,
As you're new here on Kevin's Watch I really should have introduced myself first before laying out criticism on your art. Well, I'm a goofy f*ck - ask anyone, they'll tell you the same. Invariably, my comments are met with objection, but what the hell...I'm well used to it by now. ha ha.
I don't see a problem here, I wasn't taken aback at all.
"You humans are a hasty race!". Only a 'non-human can make such a statement.
How about, a "different race", him meaning "other than giants"? All of his people are "Giants". What would you call non-giants? Little people? He also says they are a "hardy race", not "species", in this case non-human.
Besides which, a Giant can thrust his mitts into the heart of bonfire without doing damaging the skin. A human cannot!
lol, I submit to you that "humans" as WE know them here, can't do many things the people of the Land can. Magic? Bloodguard - never get old or die? Liquefy solid rock? Get flame from wood without smoke? White Magic? Foul? The list is endless for what they can do as opposed to our standards of what a human is.

No! the Giants have stone in their DNA. When Saltheart Foamfollower submerged himself in Hotash Slay, molten rock, he lived to tell the tale. If he were oaken, as in wood, their would have been nothing left of him. But stone... ;)
Would a non-giant be non-human if he did the same thing? This is just "his" gift, his peoples gift. How about a Gravelingus? His hands don't burn, is he non-human?
As you said, this is all conjecture! And of course you're right. For every person who has read the Chronicles there is an equal amount differing images. Which is the stamp of a talented writer, wouldn't you say!
Maybe, but I blame Donaldson for not having enough images to define the people of the Land. LOTR has numerous images to give a hint

In all, everything is cool, I appreciate the feedback.
You judge too quickly giant
Krazy Kat
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Krazy Kat »

8) me too
marineguy
Ramen

Post by marineguy »

lorin wrote:Hi and welcome. Your work is very good. I especially like Foamfollower. I would say it is almost exactly as I pictured him in my minds eye. I look forward to seeing more of your work!
Thanks you very very much, it's hard to believe this site has been up so long, don't know where I've been.....
marineguy
Ramen

Post by marineguy »

danlo wrote:I'm very impressed!
Thank you very much!!!
Lord Zombiac
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lord Zombiac »

OMG! That looks incrediably GAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!
httpsss://www.barbarianclan.com
"everything that passes unattempted is impossible"-- Lord Mhoram, the Illearth War.
marineguy
Ramen

Post by marineguy »

in·cred·i·bly, sound it out and the spelling gets easy
Lord Zombiac
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lord Zombiac »

soorie I was increiabloi HEE ON DROGZ when I rote thet... gess how HEE I iz nau?
"everything that passes unattempted is impossible"-- Lord Mhoram, the Illearth War.
Lord Zombiac
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lord Zombiac »

OK, coming from me, this it is a compliment to call your artwork gay.
I should have made that clearer.
Here's why:
this is me--
Me and my androgynous lover--
This is some of the artwork I love--
Oh, and if you think none of this is gay enough, here's a simple fact:
I LOVE HAVING SEX WITH MEN!!!!!!!!!
Thank you! :P
Last edited by Lord Zombiac on Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lord Zombiac
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lord Zombiac »

This post is due to technical difficulties.
marineguy
Ramen

Post by marineguy »

lol.....really? I hadn't notice. Just thought there are a lot of friendly people

Return to “The Chronicles Art Gallery”