Will Harry Die At The End Of Book Seven?

And the Harry Potter series.

Moderator: Menolly

Revan
Drool Rockworm's Servant

Post by Revan »

Great point Iryssa! I totally agreee 8) Plus I like the idea of Harry dying... don't ask why. :?
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

I've just been weighing up the feel of these two options, and I have to say dead Harry feels more likely. A big happy ending just wouldn't fit with all the ever-darkening twists and turns JKR keeps lobbing in. It's too straightforward. But that has raised another question in my mind, for which I will start a new topic...
Sunbaneglasses
The Gap Into Spam

I want a big happy ending

Post by Sunbaneglasses »

I think in the end Voldemort will be revealed as Harry's father who turns back to good right befor he dies.And the books will end with Harry burning him on a pire,followed by a celebration with dancing woodland teddybears,fireworks,and Ron and Hermione hooking up for good as she reveals to him that she is in fact Harry's sister-all this happens as the specters of Dumbledore,Voldemort,and James and Lilly Potter look at Harry in grinning triumph. Sorry had to do it.
Kymbierlee
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Kymbierlee »

I think in the end Voldemort will be revealed as Harry's father who turns back to good right befor he dies.And the books will end with Harry burning him on a pire,followed by a celebration with dancing woodland teddybears,fireworks,and Ron and Hermione hooking up for good as she reveals to him that she is in fact Harry's sister-all this happens as the specters of Dumbledore,Voldemort,and James and Lilly Potter look at Harry in grinning triumph. Sorry had to do it.

Sunbaneglasses, you are killing me! LOLOLOL! :lol: :lol: :Hail:
The journey of a thousand miles begins with a broken fan belt and a leaky tire.
drew
The Gap Into Spam

Post by drew »

I kind of assumed Harry would end up being the Deffence against the Dark Arts teacher.
I thought you were a ripe grape
a cabernet sauvignon
a bottle in the cellar
the kind you keep for a really long time
theDespiser
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by theDespiser »

yeah...cmon, SOMEBODY can last longer than a year!!
Think on that, and be dismayed

What do you do to a man who has lost everything?

Give him back something broken
FizbansTalking_Hat
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by FizbansTalking_Hat »

I think it makes sense for Harry to die. I mean his life is very much tied in with "He who must not be named." ;-) He has some of the powers of Voldemort, and the main purpose that Voldemort seems to be working towards is to get enough power to finish off Harry. His death will be a good one, it'll give meaning and sacrifice to the world that he comes from, and it'll be a nice ending I think. Sure it'll probably depress a few million children but, I think it's the best way to end it, and I'm hoping on it, cheers.
"...oh my god - there is a nerd stuck beneath my space bar.."
- Jules - 9:34 P.M. Conversation MSN --
theDespiser
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by theDespiser »

bah.. he lives!!!

drew
The Gap Into Spam

Post by drew »

Mayve the AK curse can't kill Vold..but I'll bet a bullet in the Head might do the trick---Harry was raised by Muggles you know!!
a cabernet sauvignon
a bottle in the cellar
Alynna Lis Eachann
Lord

Post by Alynna Lis Eachann »

drew wrote:Mayve the AK curse can't kill Vold..but I'll bet a bullet in the Head might do the trick---Harry was raised by Muggles you know!!
That's rather what I'm thinking. Instead of a curse, a knife to the throat, or, more likely, Gryffindor's sword to the chest. I do think it would be fitting if Harry also died, though.
"We probably could have saved ourselves, but we were too damned lazy to try very hard... and too damn cheap." - Kurt Vonnegut

"Now if you remember all great paintings have an element of tragedy to them. Uh, for instance if you remember from last week, the unicorn was stuck on the aircraft carrier and couldn't get off. That was very sad. " - Kids in the Hall
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

As do I.

--A
Sunbaneglasses
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sunbaneglasses »

Drew's idea,while a good one would make for a screwed up and dissapointing ending-But I say if it happened Ron would be the triggerman(a gun he "borrowed" from some of his fathers muggle artifacts)I can hear it now"Put down your wand,"or what Weasley?"'or...or.... I will pop a cap in your ass biatch"While Harry says "he'll do it,he knows you killed my parents-and he's crazy""Avanda"crack-pow"Ron you did it!,got him right in the head,let me shoot him now for good measure,and because he killed my parents and all"."Harry mums going to kill me when she finds out I took dads gun,all he needs is another mess down at the minestry".
Alynna Lis Eachann
Lord

ROTFL!

"Oops, I shot Voldemort. Sorry, Harry. I promise I won't tell."
"We probably could have saved ourselves, but we were too damned lazy to try very hard... and too damn cheap." - Kurt Vonnegut

"Now if you remember all great paintings have an element of tragedy to them. Uh, for instance if you remember from last week, the unicorn was stuck on the aircraft carrier and couldn't get off. That was very sad. " - Kids in the Hall
Seafoam Understone
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Seafoam Understone »

Rowling might end up killing Harry after all to prevent any "unauthorized sequels" to her success. This would be sad as I'm sure that there are plenty of fine authors out there who would be able to create more great adventures for Harry and the gang after he "graduates" Hogwarts.
But she (Rowling) might do that (kill Harry) to keep the monopoly. Kinda sad I would think if that happens.
remember the Oath Of Peace!

https://ralph.rigidtech.com
drew
The Gap Into Spam

Post by drew »

killing off Harry would be like, not letting Frodo stay in the Shire, or killing Thomas Covenant...oh wait..forget I said those.
a cabernet sauvignon
a bottle in the cellar
Alynna Lis Eachann
Lord

Seafoam Understone wrote:But she (Rowling) might do that (kill Harry) to keep the monopoly. Kinda sad I would think if that happens.
If she kills him, it won't be for that reason. She's not that kind of person. If she were, she would have clamped down on the rampant HP fanfic like some other authors have tried to do in their own fandoms. No, if Harry dies it will be for a legitimate reason.

Edge
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Edge »

He should be killed by magic ninjas. 'Cause that would be cool, and coolness is its own legitimacy.
Check out my digital art at www.brian.co.za
theDespiser
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by theDespiser »

he dies but is brought back to life

variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

Seafoam Understone wrote:Rowling might end up killing Harry after all to prevent any "unauthorized sequels" to her success. This would be sad as I'm sure that there are plenty of fine authors out there who would be able to create more great adventures for Harry and the gang after he "graduates" Hogwarts.
But she (Rowling) might do that (kill Harry) to keep the monopoly. Kinda sad I would think if that happens.
Fair enough. He's her character.

Sum sui generis
Vs
You do not hear, and so you cannot be redeemed.

In the name of their ancient pride and humiliation, they had made commitments with no possible outcome except bereavement.

He knew only that they had never striven to reject the boundaries of themselves.
Seafoam Understone
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Seafoam Understone »

variol son wrote:
Seafoam Understone wrote:Rowling might end up killing Harry after all to prevent any "unauthorized sequels" to her success. This would be sad as I'm sure that there are plenty of fine authors out there who would be able to create more great adventures for Harry and the gang after he "graduates" Hogwarts.
Fair enough. He's her character.

Sum sui generis
Vs
Yes true, but he's such a good character and they are few and far between. Hopefully she will not kill him off as it will allow further expansion of his character and the others.
I guess someone could take either Ron or Hermionie or even Nevell and expand upon their stories and go off that tangent. Still it's nice to "curl" up with someone familiar.
She could approve all plots and whatever from hence forth. Some other author did that I believe.

Book six is out in a couple of months... can't wait! :roll:
remember the Oath Of Peace!

https://ralph.rigidtech.com

Return to “J.K. Rowling Forum”