Miss Quote's Thread

A haven for game threads.

Moderator: Damelon

Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

Shaun das Schaf wrote: And thanks Sorus, I look forward to your contribution slash fabrication ;)
Totally misread that as an invitation to contribute slash. That combined with my current inability to come up with a way to say "Do me!" that doesn't sound like a proposition, I think I'd better lurk until my mind is out of the gutter.

Keep up the good work. :thumbsup:

Oh, a change is coming, feel these doors now closing
Is there no world for tomorrow, if we wait for today?

Linna Heartbooger
Are you not a sine qua non for a redemption?

Post by Linna Heartbooger »

I'm afraid I'm not quite allowing you to just lurk, Sorus... you're contributing; just not by means of conscious choices you've made to say things.
That's the thing with this game...
Referencing this post: kevinswatch.ihugny.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=851902#851902
Sorus wrote:
Shaun das Schaf wrote:Ooo.. thanks for that link CJ, VERY entertaining!
And thanks Sorus, I look forward to your contribution slash fabrication ;)
Ahh, thanks... I just need to finish reading the third book in "The Hunger Games" so I know whether I'm on the "winning" side.
Katniss/Peeta or Katniss/Gail... how is this gonna go down?
Inquiring minds want to know - but, really, don't gimme spoilers.
srsly, I feel ur pain, Sorus! I fiiiiinnnaally finished mockingjay... I wuz all "ow, owww, owwwie" while I was reading it. imho, she totally makes the right choice tho!!

(We got a bit of a self-referential thread goin' here, peeps!)

Icarus- I guess I've seen that buddy icon enough that I don't see a shirtless guy when I see that pic; i mostly see an exultant winged being.
Last edited by Linna Heartbooger on Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"People without hope not only don't write novels, but what is more to the point, they don't read them.
They don't take long looks at anything, because they lack the courage.
The way to despair is to refuse to have any kind of experience, and the novel, of course, is a way to have experience."
-Flannery O'Connor

"In spite of much that militates against quietness there are people who still read books. They are the people who keep me going."
-Elisabeth Elliot, Preface, "A Chance to Die: The Life and Legacy of Amy Carmichael"
Ananda
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Ananda »

Vraith wrote:You are mostly correct, Wayfriend, The Fresh Prince of Bel air is a very good show and I do own the collector's set of dvds, but the best tv show ever is Friends cuz I love that show. Friends is the type of true to life comedy drama fusion that only comes along perhaps once in a generation if that. For my holiday this year, I am going to new york for the Grande Friends Royale Tour. And, as the acting vice prez of the Friends 4 Life fan club, I got a 23% discount on it. I'm bringing my Friends action figure set with me in case I meet one of the stars! Wish me luck!
That sounds like so much fun! You should see when Sorus is going because I'm pretty sure she was talking about saving for that tour as well. You could meet up for coffee at the cafe where the friends take their coffee and post pictures! I'm so jealous!!!!
Monsters, they eat
Your kind of meat
And they're moving as far as they can
And as fast as they can
Linna Heartbooger

:haha:

Ananda... how do you do this? Are you reading my mail/mind/pms?

Cause you see, I'd also planned on doing a deer one, and then a Vraith one. And I was thinking of joking that wf needed to to say something about his favorite YA fiction.

Because you see, the main purpose of listening to other people on the Watch is now so we can write them up in this thread. :lol: It's kind of a new perspective on the value of other humans' minds/hearts/souls. (except not realllllly new.)
"People without hope not only don't write novels, but what is more to the point, they don't read them.
The way to despair is to refuse to have any kind of experience, and the novel, of course, is a way to have experience."
-Flannery O'Connor

"In spite of much that militates against quietness there are people who still read books. They are the people who keep me going."
-Elisabeth Elliot, Preface, "A Chance to Die: The Life and Legacy of Amy Carmichael"
deer of the dawn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by deer of the dawn »

I know right? Vraith and I were pming about Twilight and I was talking about how pasty hott Edward was but then he was like no, Jacob and we really got into it after that... I think if possible he was going to totally tear off his shirt and run into the woods, with Cameraman Jenn hot on his tail.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle. -Philo of Alexandria

ahhhh... if only all our creativity in wickedness could be fixed by "Corrupt a Wish." - Linna Heartlistener
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

Sorus wrote:
Deer of the Dawn wrote:
I know right? Vraith and I were pming about Twilight and I was talking about how pasty hott Edward was but then he was like no, Jacob and we really got into it after that... I think if possible he was going to totally tear off his shirt and run into the woods, with Cameraman Jenn hot on his tail.
Cameraman Jenn is a shameless pedophile and a total slut. Someone should shut that nasty ho up. Seriously, it's so annoying.
Um.... no I'm not... he's legal............now.....you shut up, Sorus and stop bullying me.... :cry:
Now if I could just find a way to wear live bees as jewelry all the time.....

www.fantasybedtimehour.com
Linna Heartbooger

(double-post, sorta.)
Last edited by Linna Heartbooger on Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Linna Heartbooger

Linna Heartlistener wrote:
ussusimiel wrote:In my previous (and much creepier) incarnation as a lurker...
Well, u, I think if I learned anything from the new generation's Facebook social conventions, it's this: nobody knows you're creepy if you don't talk about the things you've read... ;)
(referencing this post: kevinswatch.ihugny.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=860707#860707 )

(though, actually, I often enjoy hearing the metaconversation observations you bring up about how the Watch has been in the past, ussusmiel.)
-Flannery O'Connor

ussusimiel
The Gap Into Spam
Location: Waterford (milking cows), and sometimes still Dublin, Ireland

Post by ussusimiel »

Zarathustra wrote:
usussimiel wrote:
Zarathustra wrote: Thank you for your very interesting opinions. I would have to gently disagree with you on all counts, but I'll do it as graciously as I possibly can.

Firstly, I believe that each individual human being is gifted with a divine spark that makes them inestimably valuable in a way that simply cannot be measured or addressed within a free market economic system. I would also have to note that Dawkins make the fundamental error of sociobiology when he applies evolutionary theories to human society. Studying animals shows us how animals behave like human beings not vice versa.

I'd like to thank you again for your challenging and refreshing opinions.

Z.
What a load of bollox!
I really appreciate that you are willing to be so honest in expressing your opinions. Thanks again.

Z.
I know it's a bit of a cheat to misquote myself, but I had a bit of fun with it. I hope Z doesn't get upset. It's Linna's fault anyway for drawing me in here :lol:

u.
Linna Heartbooger

Oh psssh, like Z is even gonna bother with this thread! I would -love- to see him respond to it, though... :biggrin:
Linna H. wrote:
Avatar wrote:Actually, there is a black-and-white answer for pretty much anything.

--A
Whoever typed that, remove the gag from Av's mouth, untie him, and step back from his keyboard.
Last edited by Linna Heartbooger on Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Flannery O'Connor

StevieG
Andelanian

Post by StevieG »

Fist and Faith wrote:Listen StevieG, I only ever respond to Rusmeister's threads. Don't even start by questioning anything that hasn't begun from a Rusmeister thread. I'm warning you, I've been here for too long to even consider anything that doesn't contain a Rusmeister quote or rebuttal.
Quite right Fist. I expect my response will be ignored as well, but you've been here longer than me, so I respect that.

:mrgreen: BAH HUMBUG!! :biggrin:
Hugs and sh!t ~ lucimay

I think you're right ~ TheFallen
deer of the dawn
The Gap Into Spam

High Lord Tolkien wrote:
StevieG wrote:
Fist and Faith wrote:Listen StevieG, I only ever respond to Rusmeister's threads. Don't even start by questioning anything that hasn't begun from a Rusmeister thread. I'm warning you, I've been here for too long to even consider anything that doesn't contain a Rusmeister quote or rebuttal.
Quite right Fist. I expect my response will be ignored as well, but you've been here longer than me, so I respect that.

:mrgreen: BAH HUMBUG!! :biggrin:
Look, I've said it again and again: all you need is love.

ahhhh... if only all our creativity in wickedness could be fixed by "Corrupt a Wish." - Linna Heartlistener
Linna Heartbooger

vraith wrote:Because I really like having this same argument about the Chrons and the Christian Comparison, I'm going to throw this out there:
Peeps don't need to sacrifice to effect good...their good is being intentionally and externally torn apart...good is what they are.

the world has consequences, like any world, but they aren't clear, aren't obvious except in the most nebulous/general ways.

there is more than one model, and more than one condition. and from another angle, it's about wars between those models and conditions.
I know vraith, I like arguing with you too.
Those comment were totally just to bait me.
It worked! (sorta. I responded within 2 months! ...I think.)
But yeah, that thread is actually one of my favorite arguments to participate in here on the Watch.

But how on earth am I supposed to keep pace with you, man?
You respond like, same-day!
-Flannery O'Connor

Ananda
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Ananda »

I had taken a break from the site for a while and had planned on continuing that break, but I received a really encouraging private message that made me feel loved and embraced- basically it gave me the warm feelings. I won't share the name of the person who messaged me, but I will share the words of encouragement.

------
Name Withheld wrote: Image
Ananda wrote: Thank you for your kind words! I truly feel honoured, inspired and thoroughly encouraged! Because of that, I will, at your request, come back to (I hope!) get bonused by you as often as possible.
Monsters, they eat
Your kind of meat
And they're moving as far as they can
And as fast as they can
deer of the dawn
The Gap Into Spam

.....must....not....make pervy misinterpretations of Ananda's comment....

Just glad you're back, Miss Bliss! :hug: while you were gone, this emoticon was instituted. :hug: Cool, huh? :hug:

sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

wish i had thought of pm'ing such 'inspiring' messages/
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Linna Heartbooger

Ananda wrote:So basically my week has been like this cartoon with just one or two edits (see below)

Except it should say:
Someone is being insensitive on the internet.

Also, I should have a ponytail.
I think that must have been someone else forging your posts or 'miss-quoting' you Ananda... you would actually have done the photoshop work. hmm. suspicious, mighty suspicious if you ask me.

Anyways, you say he yelled at you to come back to the Watch?
Yeah, he probably figured it was the only way to get me to talk on the "religious parallels" thread again.
:roll:
Because clearly everything everyone does is actually, when it comes down to it, about... MEEE!
Last edited by Linna Heartbooger on Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Flannery O'Connor

Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

hmmm.

Is it "wrong" to be "insensitive?"
and/or
Is it "insensitive" to by "wrong?"
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

(“Je désapprouve ce que vous dites, mais je défendrai à la mort votre droit à le dire”)

(“S’ils n’ont plus de pain, qu’ils mangent de la brioche.”)
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Shaun das Schaf
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Shaun das Schaf »

:LOLS: Nice one Linna.

(Thought I'd seen most of Randall's cartoons, but somehow missed this one.)

Return to “In Pursuit of Mallory”