Miss Quote's Thread

A haven for game threads.

Moderator: Damelon

Shaun das Schaf
The Gap Into Spam

Miss Quote's Thread

Post by Shaun das Schaf »

So... I was being silly in the "Sorry Avatar" thread and I hit on what I thought might make a fun Mallory's game.

Your task, should you choose to accept it, involves misquoting (otherwise known as completely fabricating) a random Watcher and then responding to their quote. Like this...
Stonemaybe wrote:I was hoping to go to my grave with this secret but the guilt is killing me. A while ago I posted a picture in the Growing Your Own Food thread in The Galley: kevinswatch.ihugny.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=21265&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=20 It shows a man kneeling down with a torch in front of a chili plant. In the thread, I said I was sneaking up on the chilis for a night-time harvest. I lied. It wasn't me in the picture. It was my neighbour Andy. I had been jealous of the size and colour of Andy's chilis for weeks. Finally, when I could stand it no longer, I crept up behind him, bludgeoned him to death with his own torch and stole his luscious chilies. My question is, does anyone have any good recipes for Chili Jam?
Hi Stonemaybe, I not sure about chilli jam but here's a bonza recipe for Chili beef pancakes:

Ingredients

400g Minced Beef
1 Onion, finely chopped
1 green pepper, finely chopped
1 small red Chilli, finely chopped
½ teaspoon cumin seeds
410g can tomatoes
225g can baked beans in tomato sauce
2 tablespoons tomato paste
½ small lettuce, shredded
1 cup (125g) grated tasty cheese

Pancakes
1 cup plain flour
1 ¼ cups milk
1 egg, lightly beaten
Method
Stir mince, onion, pepper, chilli, and cumin seeds in large pan over heat until mince is well browned. Stir in undrained crushed tomatoes, beans and paste. Bring to boil, simmer, uncovered, about 25 minutes or until thick.

Spoon hot mixture over pancakes, top with lettuce, roll up, place in single layer in shallow flameproof dish, sprinkle with cheese, grill until melted.

Pancakes: Sift flour into bowl, gradually stir in combined milk and egg, beat until smooth. Pour ¼ cup batter into heated, greased, heavy-based pan; cook until lightly browned underneath. Turn pancake, brown other side. Repeat with remained batter. You need 12 pancakes.
StevieG
Andelanian

Post by StevieG »

Shaun das Schaf wrote:So, you've got to check out this amazing video of my favourite character Shaun the Sheep - I mean, I know I go on about it so much, but it's worth every rant, because Shaun is my hero.
I know what you mean SdS. I have a couple of episodes that I purchased for the kids, but really I like to watch the episode myself. Thanks for posting!
Hugs and sh!t ~ lucimay

I think you're right ~ TheFallen
Shaun das Schaf
The Gap Into Spam

Cail wrote:Thanks for posting that Shaun, that's hilarious, I can't stop watching it! Do they do a version where the sheep are dressed in feminist colours? That's purple and green if you're not down with the cause like I am. Anyway, gotta go watch the video again!
Hi Cail, I dunno if they do a feminist version, but I'm pretty sure Avatar could sew some outfits and maybe Zarathustra and yourself could do a hand-puppet version? Anyway, glad you like the video.
Ananda
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Ananda »

Deer of the Dawn wrote: Lolz LoZombs! I am really looking forward to the part you wrote for me in your new film, Karaoke Vampyres 3: the bloodening! Does anyone know where I can order 10 gallons of liquid latex, two spiked goat collars and soap suitable for washing a squid?
Oh! You got a part in his new film?? How jealous I am! Good luck with that you guys. :D

Not sure about the first two, but I use a baby shampoo for our squid. It doesn't irritate his sensitive skin at all and smells great.
Monsters, they eat
Your kind of meat
And they're moving as far as they can
And as fast as they can
Shaun das Schaf
The Gap Into Spam

:lol: :lol:
Ananda
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Ananda »

Zahu wrote:I've recently taken up the sport of knitting. I know, some people still don't consider it a sport, but they likely just don't understand the way knitters can fuse things together that were just moments before unfused. But I have a question regarding which colors to make my first scarf? I am thinking about what Cail was saying about the feminist colors, but then Avatar's neon pink and green purse sounds really attractive too.. and if that isn't a tough enough decision, I am also designing a Twilight Fan Club President book bag for Savor Dam. I can't decide on which project or even which colors! Help!
I love watching competitive knitting matches. People who say it isn't a sport just don't get it like we do. Plus, how can you watch knitting athletes like Annika Bengtsson or Yiang Xan compete and not see it? If it was me on my first project, I'd choose the scarf as the book bag for Savor Dam will be something he will cherish forever and you will want to get in a little practice first. For the colours, I would suggest black because it will go with everything. Please do post photos of what you make!
Monsters, they eat
Your kind of meat
And as fast as they can
Shaun das Schaf
The Gap Into Spam

Cail wrote:
OMG, who would have thought Zed was so shy?! He sent me pics of the scarf he made (Ananda, he took your advice and started with this) and it's just SO beautiful, I had to share it with you guys. I hope you don't mind Zed but I think you should put your stuff out there. You have an obvious talent for yarn and hopefully some positive feedback will spur you on to even greater feats of knitting! Anyway, here is the delightful piece he made (Ananda, he SO didn't take your advice on the colour :lol: but you've got to agree, it's divine isn't it!?). Oh and while I'm here, I was inspired by Avatar's pink macrame bag and so I knitted my own version. What do you guys and girls think? I seem to have caught the knitting bug along with Zed, so I did a scarf in my favourite colours as well. Attaching a pic of that too. (OMG embarrassment, I just noticed my nails. I was on my way out to a Drag show at my local! Oh well, I'm leaving this pic because I know how accepting you people are.)

Wow, guys, so much talent! Zed, Cail's right, don't be shy, wear that scarf and wear it proud. It really is something special, especially since it's your first effort. And LOVE the bag Cail. And the nails. Hope you've got some shoes to go with it.
Shaun das Schaf
The Gap Into Spam

Cail wrote:For some reason the pic of Zed's scarf doesn't seem to be showing, or is it just my computer? Anyway, trying again...

Hey Cail, weird, the first time I loaded the post I saw it but then it disappeared. Anyway, it's such a gorgeous scarf, if people see it twice I don't think anyone will mind and Zed will get the publicity he deserves!
Linna Heartbooger
Are you not a sine qua non for a redemption?

Post by Linna Heartbooger »

WOW, brilliant and devious, Shaun!

Umm... if someone's being misquoted, could ppl put in the link for the original thread... to "protect the innocent" so to speak? :lol:

(And I would suggest mailing the Watcher in question as a standard procedure, too... even if the intent behind creating this thread is "all in fun.")
"People without hope not only don't write novels, but what is more to the point, they don't read them.
They don't take long looks at anything, because they lack the courage.
The way to despair is to refuse to have any kind of experience, and the novel, of course, is a way to have experience."
-Flannery O'Connor

"In spite of much that militates against quietness there are people who still read books. They are the people who keep me going."
-Elisabeth Elliot, Preface, "A Chance to Die: The Life and Legacy of Amy Carmichael"
Shaun das Schaf
The Gap Into Spam

Hi Linna, if by the original thread you mean 'apoligies to avatar', I'm not sure that would help 'protect the innocent', as I may have erred in not being clear there, although it's definitely in keeping with the spirit of that thread.

I was hoping the first post in this thread explains things and the title of the thread says 'miss quotes' to help as well. I don't know how to link to a post, but I guess each entry could link to the first post of the thread if you think that would be best?

And I take your point about alerting the missquotee. I just thought this would be a bit of Mallorys fun, but maybe the Watch ain't the place for it, especially not coming from a noob!

Cheers,

Shaun
Linna Heartbooger

Ananda wrote:Not sure about the first two, but I use a baby shampoo for our squid. It doesn't irritate his sensitive skin at all and smells great.
I'm dyin' here, people!!!
:haha:
"People without hope not only don't write novels, but what is more to the point, they don't read them.
The way to despair is to refuse to have any kind of experience, and the novel, of course, is a way to have experience."
-Flannery O'Connor

"In spite of much that militates against quietness there are people who still read books. They are the people who keep me going."
-Elisabeth Elliot, Preface, "A Chance to Die: The Life and Legacy of Amy Carmichael"
Linna Heartbooger

Shaun das Schaf wrote:And I take your point about alerting the missquotee. I just thought this would be a bit of Mallorys fun, but maybe the Watch ain't the place for it, especially not coming from a noob!
Naah, I don't think either of those is a particular issue, Sheep-dude Shaun!
-Flannery O'Connor

Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

Shaun das Schaf wrote:And I take your point about alerting the missquotee. I just thought this would be a bit of Mallorys fun, but maybe the Watch ain't the place for it, especially not coming from a noob!

Noooo. You must continue this thread, for it is the epitome of awesomeness.

Oh, a change is coming, feel these doors now closing
Is there no world for tomorrow, if we wait for today?

Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

Also there are precedents that indicate that this sort of Mallory play is just fine.

kevinswatch.ihugny.com/phpBB2/viewtopic ... 55&start=0
Now if I could just find a way to wear live bees as jewelry all the time.....

www.fantasybedtimehour.com
Shaun das Schaf
The Gap Into Spam

Ooo.. thanks for that link CJ, VERY entertaining!
And thanks Sorus, I look forward to your contribution slash fabrication ;)
Icarus Unfallen
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Icarus Unfallen »

Cameraman Jenn wrote:So, lucimay, you are going to work for Home Depot, while Sorus and I work for Office Depot. Game on, girlfriend!
lucimay wrote:Yeah, so what? Just because they are both Depots?
Cameraman Jenn wrote:Well, while you are stuck in the Home, we have made it to the Office. :P
lucimay wrote:Not interested in that dated feminist dogma. Not only is a woman’s place in the Home…but here in SF, we are in leadership positions in both House and Senate.
Cameraman Jenn wrote:Here in my Office Depot copy center, I am the Queen of reproduction.
lucimay wrote:Home Depot make it possible to improve every room, all of which can be creatively used for reproduction. :ahem:
the rest of the Watch wrote:Well, at least these are shorter than their usual posts…
Ananda
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Ananda »

Shaun das Schaf wrote:I'm such a galah. I just figured out why I haven't been posting in this thread. Without that spunky milko, Sgt Null, posting here I feel so uninspired. He's really grouse, fair dinkum! I just slipped on my favourite ugg boots to try to feel better. Strewth, Null is a bonzer bloke! Maybe I'm just feeling clucky because chrissie is almost here?
What?
Monsters, they eat
Your kind of meat
And as fast as they can
Shaun das Schaf
The Gap Into Spam

Loremaster wrote:Bloody Oath Sheila, I'm gobsmacked! You deadset amaze me. I'd have buckley's of speaking Swedish like you speak English, let alone nailing your verison of Strine. Though thanks to Zorm, I found out what a 'vihta' is and the chick and me have been whackin' each other's mozzie bites with it! It's a bloody ripper!
Btw, the grub you posted in the galley, especially the choice pics of brysselkål, made me so hungry I could eat the clacker out of a low-flying duck!
Loremaster, whilst I agree Ananda's mastery of English is astounding, I'm not sure these cultural stereotypes do any of us any good. If Sgt Null was here, he would put a stop to it. Also, it's duck's *arse*, not clacker.
Linna Heartbooger

Icarus, you are a genius!

Drat, everything I keep thinking to do, I later realize is a bad idea...

Had to wait till my kid walked away to post, cause of that last picture.. here in the U.S., I think that's borderline soft-core... =/
-Flannery O'Connor

Icarus Unfallen
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Icarus Unfallen »

Thank you for the kind words, Linna!
Ananda wrote:
Linna Heartlistener wrote: Had to wait till my kid walked away to post, cause of that last picture.. here in the U.S., I think that's borderline soft-core... =/
Ah, Americans with their repressions and their thinking that skin is the same thing as sex. There is nothing the least bit purient about that picture. If anything, she is overdressed. What is with that hat? In sauna, nothing is worn!
So true. Just like under the Scot's kilt, nothing is worn...it is all in perfect working order. :twisted:

Oh, and I hope my avatar does not offend...it was a gift from Hue of Bone and I rather like it.

Return to “In Pursuit of Mallory”