2014 NFL Whipping Post

Baseball, Basketball, Footbal, Soccer, Curling, Poker, ect...

Moderators: Lord Mhoram, StevieG, hierachy

dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Denver played as if they were scared to death of Seattle.
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

at last the Saints win. and don't look all that great in doing so. the Cowboys could beat them next week.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Cowboys beat the Saints.... The NFC south looks like &itches compared to the rest of the league. Falcons offense rocks but look so bad on Defense its like watching a HS team take the field.

TB upset the Steelers. Who'd a thunk it?
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Pats suck, Saints suck. going to be a long NFL season.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Some interesting matchups this week

Houston is coming off an embarrassing loss and will play Dallas with a chip. Dallas just wont a game handily and comes in confident.

TB won against the Stealers last week and goes to NO to play. NO desperately needs a win, but TB shows they can play at times. Who knows how that will turn out. I suspect NO will trounce them.

Falcons play Giants. Could be a trap game for NY as they beat both the Texans and the Redskins handily. Falcons were embarrased on the defensive side of the ball and would like to prove they arent that bad. However the Falcons lost 3 Offensive linemen to season ending injury last week and had to go out and sign some new heads.... could be interesting on the Offensive side of the ball. Can they find the cohension they need this early.

Arizona and Denver is a goodmatchup as well. Arizona is playing well, having beat the Giants, Chargers and 49'rs by a good margin in each game. Denver wants to get a title while Peyton is till doing well, but time is running out for them and their strength of win has not been that great.

Bengals are killing it, but against who? Titans? Falcons? The Ravens so far given them the best game. So although I tend to root for the Bengals, they really havent played anyone that is playing well. When you look at who they are playing going forward, they truly have a soft schedule this year. I expect them to get to the playoffs handily.
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Car def Chi

Cle def Ten

Phi def ST

Gia def Atl

No def TB

Hou def Dal

Det def Buf

Ind def Bal

Pit def Jax

Den def Ari

SF def KC

SD def Jets

Pats def Cin

Sea def Was
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

sgt.null wrote:Car def Chi

Cle def Ten

Phi def ST

Gia def Atl

No def TB

Hou def Dal

Det def Buf

Ind def Bal

Pit def Jax

Den def Ari

SF def KC

SD def Jets

Pats def Cin

Sea def Was
Wow, you did very well in your picks Sarge!!!
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

I forgot I had them here. :(

Patriots on a tear. :)
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

I'm headed out to Baltimore for the weekend to see the Falcons lose in astounding manner to those other birds, the Ravens. I expect to be up 2 scores or more and then collapse in epic fashion.....even that is wishful thinking but that is how the last 2 games have gone.
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Patriots looking better with every passing week.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Falcons are toast for another year... another year of crazy injuries decimate the offensive line. Peter Konz went out the first quarter and we put in our backup to the backup to the backup.... Of course Baltimore was able to exploit that over and over. Matt Ryan had a terrible day of being sacked over and over again. The defense showed up and got a couple of sacks on Flacco, two interceptions and special teams got a turnover.

The curse of playing the Falcons. Hopefully Baltimore can avoid the curse... the curse is that every team that has won against the Falcons has lost their next game. Perhaps they think beating the Falcons means something.

Bengals showed me that I was right. They looked good, really good. Until they played quality opponents. Now they don't look as good as they did before.
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

and the Saints slide into suckitude continues unabated.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

SoulBiter wrote:
The curse of playing the Falcons. Hopefully Baltimore can avoid the curse... the curse is that every team that has won against the Falcons has lost their next game. Perhaps they think beating the Falcons means something.
And the curse continues unabated. The Ravens lost.

So weirdest end of a game ever for the Falcons. But before we go there, how about we blast the Falcons coach Mike Smith for being STUPID yet again. He has the makings of a great coach but cant close out won games.

Falcons are up 21 to 0 nearing the half, there is 1:40 on the clock and the Falcons just got the ball back after an interception. The offense is clicking and has momentum. The Lions defense is reeling and doesn't seem to have it together. So what does Mike do? He allows the clock to run out and walks his team to the locker room. WTH??!!!

The second half, OK so the Lions get their crap together, the Falcons play more conservatively and let them back in the game. They do NOT get the two point conversion leaving them 2 points behind. The Falcons get the ball, things look good for a runoff at just over a min left, but a penalty stops the clock, then on 3rd and 8 we throw a shuttle pass to Julio who drops it. Which also stops the clock. Falcons punt and get leave the Lions in lousy field position (10 yd line) with less than a min left. OK we know they are going to throw long because they have to.... and we go ZONE coverage??? They make two long throws, the lock is running, and Mike Smith calls a time out at 37 seconds? OMG..... lets just give them the game.

Now for the weird end..... 4 sec on the clock, they line up for a field goal, the kick, they miss, FALCONS win... ... Oh wait... not yet, delay of game on the Lions, ball is considered dead, no 10 second run off, they get a second try at the goal..... they make it on the second try and Lions win... How the heck can a team get a penalty against themselves that benefits the team and gives them a win????

Wow...
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

Now that Hillman has given the Broncos a running game, they look better than ever.
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

SB - I was watching the Falcons game and said that Smith would regret running out the clock when the lost the game by less than a field goal.

he is too damn conservative and Blank really should fire him this week.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

sgt.null wrote: SB - I was watching the Falcons game and said that Smith would regret running out the clock when the lost the game by less than a field goal.
I said exactly the same thing and posted exactly that on the Falcons FB site.
Not going for more points with 1:40 before the end of the half might come back to haunt the Falcons. You cant play conservative ball in the NFL
Like · Reply · 1 · October 26 at 11:40am

sgt.null wrote:
he is too damn conservative and Blank really should fire him this week.
For some reason I don't think Blank will fire him just yet. But Smith has to be feeling the ire of the owner about now. And its on the Coaching and training of the players when you give up a Touchdown on a 3 and 35.

Redskins beat the Coyboys!!! Go figure, any given Sunday!!!

BTW the Falcons curse says that Detroit loses next week.
Last edited by SoulBiter on Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

SoulBiter wrote: Redskins beat the Coyboys!!! Go figure, any given Sunday!!!
I was shocked. Not a Romo fan, but never would have predicted this one.
In the pregame, DeMarco Murray's stats came up...at the end of the game I did some quick math in my head...at this pace he would break single-season rushing record.
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

vraith - Murray may break down first, esp if the offensive line lets Romo get hit hard too many more times.

real test for the Saints tomorrow. beating GB was nice, but can they do it two games in a row?
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

sgt.null wrote:vraith - Murray may break down first, esp if the offensive line lets Romo get hit hard too many more times.
Yea, that and other things.
I don't think it's LIKELY he'll do it, but there's a chance and it is one helluva performance so far no matter what.
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

it would be nice to see him do it after all the experts pronounced the death of the running game in the nfl.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...

Return to “Sports”