How friendly is "Too Friendly" Catcalling on the s

Archive From The 'Tank
peter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by peter »

Avatar wrote:I engage in inane conversation with complete strangers all the time. :D

--A
Me to; in my case it's called work! ;)

[apologies for the double post]
The truth is a Lion and does not need protection. Once free it will look after itself.

....and the glory of the world becomes less than it was....
'Have we not served you well'
'Of course - you know you have.'
'Then let it end.'

We are the Bloodguard
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

elitedaily.com/humor/10-hours-walking-new-york-city-man-lot-funnier-video/820511/

The above video was much better!!
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

That. Was. Awesome.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
SerScot
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SerScot »

That was quite funny. :)
"Futility is the defining characteristic of life. Pain is proof of existence" - Thomas Covenant
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

much better than the video it mocks. sour woman is sour.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

peter wrote:[apologies for the double post]
Doesn't count if it's the last on one page, and the first on another. Runs the risk of the first being missed though. ;)

--A
SerScot
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SerScot »

Sgt.,
sgt.null wrote:much better than the video it mocks. sour woman is sour.
What? The original video shows the aggressivness of some catcallers. What is wrong with illustrating that? Are you saying the original video had actors doing the catcalling?
"Futility is the defining characteristic of life. Pain is proof of existence" - Thomas Covenant
Zarathustra
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zarathustra »

SerScot wrote:Sgt.,
sgt.null wrote:much better than the video it mocks. sour woman is sour.
What? The original video shows the aggressivness of some catcallers. What is wrong with illustrating that? Are you saying the original video had actors doing the catcalling?
I would say, rather, that it uses the aggressiveness of a few catcallers to malign all men. And that would be what's wrong with its illustration. It's only slightly less caricature than the one mocking it.

The spoof video reminds me of Eddie Murphey's SNL short where he dresses like a white man and sees the "white side" of life. Anyone else remember that one?
Joe Biden … putting the Dem in dementia since (at least) 2020.
Ananda
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Ananda »

Some of it was creepy, like the man following her. But, a man peacocking, calling attention to himself to get the eye of a woman is normal, natural mammal behaviour, I think. If I were the type to be offended by this stuff, I would have had a miserable time all my life. Mostly, I just smile when men do their dance. Once in a while, it becomes creepy, but the vast majority is just men being men which, in my opinion, is natural.

And, it is not like we women don't use sexuality to our advantage. If men didn't act with their hormones, that tool would be gone. :P this street has two ways.
Monsters, they eat
Your kind of meat
And they're moving as far as they can
And as fast as they can
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

Zarathustra wrote: The spoof video reminds me of Eddie Murphey's SNL short where he dresses like a white man and sees the "white side" of life. Anyone else remember that one?
Frigging hilarious spoof

https://screen.yahoo.com/white-000000112.html
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

Zarathustra wrote: reminds me of Eddie Murphey's SNL short where he dresses like a white man and sees the "white side" of life. Anyone else remember that one?
It's been what, 20? 30? years since that sketch?
And it is STILL amazing.

But on the original...just guys being "friendly?"...
I don't believe that for a second for most of them.
There's a difference between a nod, a smile, a hello and
many of the things said there.
There is a subdivision of "men being men" that is "men being assholes."
And, even if too much is being made of it, y'all should be able to understand how a woman might get a little bit annoyed, irritated, or nervous from this crap. I mean, it LITERALLY happened about once every 5 minutes, all day long.

I propose this: if you think they were just being friendly, the receiver shouldn't be offended, and you are a man...
go out on a busy street, and address all the male strangers walking by with phrases from the video. See how "flattered" the passersby are.
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
Zarathustra
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Zarathustra »

Vraith, I don't deny that a man saying, "Have a nice evening," to an attractive young woman might be flirting. However, it's still true that he's doing it in friendly manner. And there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. It's certainly not harassment.

There's nothing scientific about this video (meaning that we can't make any rational conclusions about reality based on it--not that it was trying to perform science). At best it's anecdotal. At worst, it's edited/crafted propaganda.
Joe Biden … putting the Dem in dementia since (at least) 2020.
Ananda
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Ananda »

If it is harassment or sexist for a man to feel the urge to flirt with random women and so, is it sexist for a woman to take advantage of a mans inclination to think with his smaller head for her own gain? It is very easy to get things from men. From drinks to promotions to money to anything beyween. Is that sexist or harassment? They are linked. Without one, the other could not happen.
Monsters, they eat
Your kind of meat
And as fast as they can
Vraith
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Vraith »

there are clearly contexts and lines/distinctions for behaviors.
At least half the "friendly greetings" in that vid crossed the lines, occurred in inappropriate contexts.

Thinking with your dick and BEING a dick aren't the same, and shouldn't be excused as being the same.
[spoiler]Sig-man, Libtard, Stupid piece of shit. change your text color to brown. Mr. Reliable, bullshit-slinging liarFucker-user.[/spoiler]
the difference between evidence and sources: whether they come from the horse's mouth or a horse's ass.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation."
the hyperbole is a beauty...for we are then allowed to say a little more than the truth...and language is more efficient when it goes beyond reality than when it stops short of it.
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

If it never worked people wouldnt do it.

There is a adage that you will get turned down 99 out of 100 times that you call out to a female, regardless of how you call out (appropriate or not). People do it for the 1% that turn around and engage them in conversation.
Harbinger
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Harbinger »

OK, so I did not watch the whole thing. I didn't have to.

WTF?!

She is not hot. She is a 6 to a 7. She is not fat and that is the main thing she has going for her. Her clothes are so tight they accentuate her body. She could easily dress like Velma from Scooby Doo and elicit a "Velma" response. But come on, she is wearing "come fuck me" pants and basically the same shirt.

Men are going to react to that. Would I hit it? Well, yeah- I'd probably taste it. But seriously, what outcome do you expect when you exhibit your body and it is even moderately desirable?!

IT'S ONLY HARASSMENT WHEN THEY ARE NOT ATTRACTED TO YOU. IF THEY LIKE THE WAY YOU LOOK IT'S COMPLETELY DIFFERENT.

IF YOU DON"T WANT MEN "catcalling" AT YOU, DRESS LIKE VELMA- I promise that it will reduce the unwanted male attention.
Never underestimate the power of denial. - Ricky Fitts
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Ummmmm.....I'd totally hit that...

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

my problem is the woman claimed to walk for 1o hours and she brings back some 3 minutes of video. and only a handful of guys seem inappropriate. and one true creeper. how does this back up her claims and why should I send money?

and she lies in the beginning about what she is wearing. Harbinger is correct that she picks clothes that seem to guarantee at least a second look. she is a healthy girl wearing tight clothing, of course we men are going to look.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Ananda
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Ananda »

Harbinger wrote:OK, so I did not watch the whole thing. I didn't have to.

WTF?!

She is not hot. She is a 6 to a 7. She is not fat and that is the main thing she has going for her. Her clothes are so tight they accentuate her body. She could easily dress like Velma from Scooby Doo and elicit a "Velma" response. But come on, she is wearing "come fuck me" pants and basically the same shirt.

Men are going to react to that. Would I hit it? Well, yeah- I'd probably taste it. But seriously, what outcome do you expect when you exhibit your body and it is even moderately desirable?!

IT'S ONLY HARASSMENT WHEN THEY ARE NOT ATTRACTED TO YOU. IF THEY LIKE THE WAY YOU LOOK IT'S COMPLETELY DIFFERENT.

IF YOU DON"T WANT MEN "catcalling" AT YOU, DRESS LIKE VELMA- I promise that it will reduce the unwanted male attention.
Wow... that is a nice example of unfiltered crap we all think, I guess.

Her pants are not come fuck me pants, by the way. Not sure where you live, but those are normal pants. And her top is not a sack, but a cut top and totally normal. You'd think every woman in sweden was a whore if you think that was a come fuck me outfit.

Also, I find the whole 'I'd fuck her' and 'she's a 6 to a 7' funny. What makes you think she would fuck you? What makes you think she doesn't find you to be a 2 or a 3?

For more unfiltered from one woman's perspective, this is how I appraised men I'd meet in my younger, partier, singler days.

First, is he in good shape? check
Cute face? check
Look at his shoes. Shoes tell you a lot about a man usually.
Look at his clothes. (these two are materialistic tests, of course)
Look back to his face. Does he look intelligent? sweet?
Look at finger. ring? y/n

If he didn't meet those, I rarely gave a man the time for me to get to know him no matter how interested he was. Shallow, maybe, but honest. And, aren't we all shallow?

For the record, I did have a relationship for some time with a guy who, on first meeting, did not pass all of the check boxes. He was not as handsome as I normally went for, but we were in a situation where we were together a lot and he grew on me with his other qualities. He did meet all of the other criteria, though. He was nice and we're still friends.
Monsters, they eat
Your kind of meat
And as fast as they can
SerScot
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SerScot »

Harbinger,
Harbinger wrote:OK, so I did not watch the whole thing. I didn't have to.

WTF?!

What does your subjective rating of her attractiveness have to do with the price of milk? It's her fault creeps followed her around? The repeated "damn!"s are her fault? Are women who dress in sexy clothing responsible for being raped too?

Return to “Coercri”