Meatlore... or Beef, it's what for dinner

A place to discuss the books in the FC and SC. *Please Note* No LC spoilers allowed in this forum. Do so in the forum below.

Moderators: kevinswatch, Orlion

danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

:D I'll pop into my Lightship and be right there! 8)
fall far and well Pilots!
Myste
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Myste »

danlo wrote:What? After you eat a platefull of meat you just throw a handful of cattle bones over your left shoulder? :? :P
CovenantJr wrote:Are you saying they eat the cows whole, then toss the bones to the earth in order to grow more cows? 8O
:lol::lol::lol::haha:

Oh, man, I wish I could take credit for setting that up deliberately. I think I deserve a beer, too, for making you guys look so clever, even if it was an accident! :lol: :cheers:

On the other hand, the ancient Spartans could spring from dragon's teeth sewn at a crossroads by the light of the moon, and the critters of Narnia grew up out of the ground when Aslan sang to them (cf The Magician's Nephew), so why not cows from the fertile, Earthpowerful hills of Andelain?It's not entirely unthinkable. So there!:P :D
Halfway down the stairs Is the stair where I sit. There isn't any other stair quite like it. I'm not at the bottom, I'm not at the top; So this is the stair where I always stop.
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

You need never fear hunger in the Land. Aliantha bushes and cow trees abound.
Myste
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Myste »

I can just see Triock going out in the morning to milk the orchard.:D
Halfway down the stairs Is the stair where I sit. There isn't any other stair quite like it. I'm not at the bottom, I'm not at the top; So this is the stair where I always stop.
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

The One Herd? 8O :haha:
hierachy
Lord

Post by hierachy »

CovenantJr wrote:You need never fear hunger in the Land. Aliantha bushes and cow trees abound.
COW TREES!

hahahahahahhaahhahaha :lol:
Myste
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Myste »

danlo wrote:The One Herd? 8O :haha:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
And the Gaurdian of the Isle of the One Herd has to milk the Nicor. 8O
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

(I meant--The One Herd: ala The One Forest :P) Milk the Wurm AND all the Nicor??!!! EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!! :faint:
Myste
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Myste »

OoooOohhhhhhhh. NOW I get it. :D

I don't think I have anymore snappy, lactose-related comebacks though. :( Sorry.
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

I think that the cows did not grow on trees, but rather on the ground, like rice. That explains cow patties.
Dandelion don't tell no lies
Dandelion will make you wise
Tell me if she laughs or cries
Blow away dandelion

I'm afraid there's no denying
I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

:hobbes: *

* This post carries Jay's seal of approval
Myste
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Myste »

:faint: :P But not peppermint patties. Sir.
dennisrwood
The Gap Into Spam

Post by dennisrwood »

i would suppose that the land has
something close to a kosher set of
rules. ie: the killing has to be clean
and quick, the animals not abused
before the slaughter.

btw, i am a vegetarian but loved
the "cows can't
outwit grass" line! :lol:
SoulBiter
The Gap Into Spam

Post by SoulBiter »

I grew up in the country and my personal experience is that meat is on the food chain. Cows, Pigs, Chickens are all accepted forms of meat but we had rabbit boxes, Quail traps and fish traps. We hunt deer in the fall/winter and yes we eat them.

However if I go out into the wild and break a leg or something, I might find myself on the food chain for other preditors. If I fall out of a boat at sea and run into a hungry shark I will find myself on the sharks plate. "We're having meat tonight!"

To me its the natural order of things. I expect it was to the people of the land as well. Of course it didnt hurt to have them cows growing on trees. :) Which brings up an important question.
If a cow tree falls and no one is around to hear it. Does it still moo?
We miss you Tracie but your Spirit will always shine brightly on the Watch Image
Myste
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Myste »

SoulBiter wrote:If a cow tree falls and no one is around to hear it. Does it still moo?
:LOLS:
Last edited by Myste on Wed Aug 04, 2004 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nightraven
Ramen

Post by Nightraven »

A plant can't cry out in pain, thus I feel better when I rip it up by the roots and devour it.
Myste
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Myste »

Nightraven wrote:A plant can't cry out in pain, thus I feel better when I rip it up by the roots and devour it.
Maybe it does, but you just can't hear it. Maybe plants just communicate on a different wavelength or something. Maybe every time you pluck a tender rutabega from its vegetable dreams deep in the earth, you punch a superübersonic pan-dimensional hole in the multiverse, sending shrieks of tuberous fear throughout all Creation. Ever think about that? Huh?

Enjoy your next salad, bub. :twisted:
Believer
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Believer »

I thought about this once, because I saw a bumper sticker or something in a book or on the net: I'm not a vegetarian because I love animals, I'm a vegetarian because I hate plants.

But if you think about it, doesn't it kill a lot more plant life to have animals eat them first, and then we eat the animals? So from a purely plant-killing perspective, we're better off eating the animals who kill more plants than we do.

However, if you *are* in tune with the plants' cries of pain, then the direct approach may well be more satisfying. :)
Myste
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Myste »

I'm not a vegetarian, I'm a humanitarian.
Believer
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Believer »

But, but... I thought cannibalism was outlawed....
Myste
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Myste »

I'm an outlaw, too.

Rob the rich to feed the poor, I always say.

Return to “The First and Second Chronicles of Thomas Covenant”