What are your plans for the October 21st release of Runes?

A place to discuss the books in the FC and SC. *Please Note* No LC spoilers allowed in this forum. Do so in the forum below.

Moderators: kevinswatch, Orlion

Furls Fire
Lord

Post by Furls Fire »

Thanks Love, Hugglesssssssssssssss :hearts:
And I believe in you
altho you never asked me too
I will remember you
and what life put you thru.

~fly fly little wing, fly where only angels sing~

~this world was never meant for one as beautiful as you~

...for then I could fly away and be at rest. Sweet rest, Mom. We all love and miss you.

Image Image
Myste
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Myste »

I'll probably buy it on my lunch break on the 14th, and hide out in the atrium of my building reading it, and will become so absorbed I'll forget to go back to work. They'll lock the building down for the night, and it will grow dark, and the shadows will grow on the walls. I'll have to use my keychain flashlight to read it, and will pick the lock on the atrium cafe and scrounge for sustenance. They will find me the following morning under one of the fake trees with chocolate cake smeared around my mouth and a look of utter peace and contentment on my face, and promptly have me committed. In the hospital, I will beg and plead that my copy of Runes be returned to me, and they will forbid it, at which time I'll start banging my fist against the wall and ask to be taken to the Berenford Memorial Psychiatric Wing. They'll be forced to sedate me, and when they do I'll find myself transported through a gray mist, and awake on a pinnacle of rock in a strange Land.....

Ah, what bliss! :D
Halfway down the stairs Is the stair where I sit. There isn't any other stair quite like it. I'm not at the bottom, I'm not at the top; So this is the stair where I always stop.
Revan
Drool Rockworm's Servant

Post by Revan »

Myste wrote:I'll probably buy it on my lunch break on the 14th, and hide out in the atrium of my building reading it, and will become so absorbed I'll forget to go back to work. They'll lock the building down for the night, and it will grow dark, and the shadows will grow on the walls. I'll have to use my keychain flashlight to read it, and will pick the lock on the atrium cafe and scrounge for sustenance. They will find me the following morning under one of the fake trees with chocolate cake smeared around my mouth and a look of utter peace and contentment on my face, and promptly have me committed. In the hospital, I will beg and plead that my copy of Runes be returned to me, and they will forbid it, at which time I'll start banging my fist against the wall and ask to be taken to the Berenford Memorial Psychiatric Wing. They'll be forced to sedate me, and when they do I'll find myself transported through a gray mist, and awake on a pinnacle of rock in a strange Land.....

Ah, what bliss! :D
ROTFLMAO!!!!! HAHAHAHA! That´ll be cooL! :D ;)
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Post by duchess of malfi »

LOL Myste!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I just hope Damelon will be reading it as well, so I have someone to talk to about it in the real world as I am reading it. :)

I must thank Mr. Donaldson for giving me a perfect gift for my fortieth birthday (it will be released just a couple of days before my birthday, and my birthday is why I am leaving town, so all of my friends won't be able to throw me any of those parties with black ballooons and crepe paper -- or so I hope! 8) )
Love as thou wilt.

dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

43 days everyone!!!
After waiting more than 20 years, 43 days still seems like a long time, doesn't it?
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Post by duchess of malfi »

It seems to be coming very quickly to me. Every time I pick up a book, I ask myself
Can I finish this before Runes comes out?

So I have found myself reading a lot of short, stand-alone general novels lately. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Love as thou wilt.

AMOK
Stonedownor

Post by AMOK »

I will be receiving the CD version of Runes perhaps from , taking out all my Rock Music CDs from the changer in my truck, replacing them with Runes and then planning every trip I can for work so that I can listen to ALL 18 HOURS.
But hear then, for good or ill. I fulfill the law of my creation. My maker can require no more of me.
Edge
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Edge »

Avatar wrote:Aah, woe is me! In Darkest Africa I'll have to wait at least a few months for it to reach here.

Hey, a fellow South African! Awesome!

Your local bookstores must be really slack, though - I'll have my copy on, or very shortly after, the British release date. :wink:
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

Nice Vimes avatar, Edge 8)
Edge
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Edge »

Thank you. :D
Earthblood
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Earthblood »

Furls Fire said:
43 days everyone!!!
Remember a year ago.......

birdandbear said:Posted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 3:14 pm
WOW!! Thank you so much Danlo! I haven't been this excited since I first heard They were making a live action LOTR trilogy!
So......late 2004.......that's roughly 450 days.......10,800 hours........678,000 minutes.......
Almost there folks!!!!
"You're afraid of yourself."
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

But it's still too long to wait!!! ARRRRGH!!! :faint:

Ah -- ha! Hahahahahahaha!! I just figured out what to do with that "get out of a half-day of work free" coupon that I've been hoarding since the beginning of the year! I can come to work in the morning, leave at noon, walk down to Barnes & Noble, buy Runes, and sit in the park and read all afternoon! And NOOOOBODY is gonna stop me! :R

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

I'd like to read no more than a chapter a week, but I don't think I have the will power. I'll probably wander zombie-like through my daily routine, book in one hand. Miss some sleep.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Cheval
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cheval »

I will more than likely be more like what Tom C. posted
on the first page of this thread, except
RUNES will be a birthday gift (From ME to ME)
a week late and will not start reading until about
Halloween.
But then again, I may have it read in a week or two
after buying it.
Who knows?
Have you hugged your arghule today?
that unleashed the power of our imagination -
we learned to talk."

It's 4:19...
gotta minute?
Romeo
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Romeo »

450 days.......10,800 hours........678,000 minutes....... ? You think THAT is long?!?! That will be nothing compared to the three year wait between Runes and Revenant. It will make the the twenty year wait between WGW and Runes seem like a weekend trip to the beach.
And then the ravens pecked out his eyes.
Iryssa
Bloodguard

Post by Iryssa »

OMG!!! I have been hit with a sudden "I MUST READ RUNES" attack! I know I'm going to absolutely devour that book...my guess is it'll take me about two days to read. And then I'm gonna be left in tortured anticipation for the next one :cry: I wish there were a fast-forward button for life.
I should stop reading these threads, they make me antsy *rueful grin*
"A choice made freely is stronger than one compelled"
- Stephen R. Donaldson's The Wounded Land

https://www.xanga.com/Iryssa
UrLord
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by UrLord »

Exactly. I predict about 2 days for me as well. And I'm going to have to hide it from my dad for those 2 days...he might try to steal it from me. He's a wily one...He lets me get excited about something he wants, then because I'm infinitely less patient than he, I buy it the minute I can, and he gets to use it for free. It happened with Doom 3, it'll CERTAINLY happen with Runes.
The Leper Fairy
The Gap Into Spam

Post by The Leper Fairy »

I'm probably going to realise that I still haven't read WGW *shame* and try and read that real quick-like and then realize that I forgot everything and then start over with LFB... Aughhh... Why don't I just start with LFB right now, you ask? Because I'm reading Dune and I can't stop in the middle of Dune (Ok... not the middle... the 20th page) But still! And then the fresh pages of RotE will be calling me away from my beat up copy of LFB... Aughh... :crazy:

Pie and Cake
Esmer

Post by Esmer »

I'll be taking an early lunch that day, head over to Barnes & Noble, see "Runes" on the shelf, start shaking, pick it up, sweat a bit, walk over to the register, buy it, drive back to work with the book still in the bag in the back seat so I won't be distracted by it, get to my desk and start reading, forgetting that eating is also a very important part of the day.
|R
Esmer
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

Iryssa wrote:OMG!!! I have been hit with a sudden "I MUST READ RUNES" attack! I know I'm going to absolutely devour that book...my guess is it'll take me about two days to read. And then I'm gonna be left in tortured anticipation for the next one :cry: I wish there were a fast-forward button for life.
I should stop reading these threads, they make me antsy *rueful grin*
Two days?! :o It took me a year to read the full set so far, so using that as a guide, it'll take me...about 2 months to read Runes.

Return to “The First and Second Chronicles of Thomas Covenant”