What are your plans for the October 21st release of Runes?

A place to discuss the books in the FC and SC. *Please Note* No LC spoilers allowed in this forum. Do so in the forum below.

Moderators: kevinswatch, Orlion

dlbpharmd
Lord

What are your plans for the October 21st release of Runes?

Post by dlbpharmd »

My plans for the release of Runes - I have already put in for vacation time for the 14th and 15th of October (I'm off that weekend as well.) I will be driving to my nearest decent book store, which is in Knoxville, TN (about a 40 mile drive.) I plan to be at the book store at 9am. I will purchase Runes, then head to a quiet place to read. I may even get a hotel room, I haven't decided yet. Wherever I end up, I will be reading until I finish the book.

EDIT: I have changed the title of this thread to reflect the new release date of Runes, but the dates mentioned in the individual posts remain as originally written.
Last edited by dlbpharmd on Tue Sep 21, 2004 7:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

I will purchase the book sometime that day (preferably quite early) and proceed to read. At work if I have to. At the dinner table if I have to. If there is a football game that day then too bad. I will have been waiting quite long enough by then and next to nothing will stop me from devouring Runes like a starving shark. :D
"If you can't tell the difference, what difference does it make?"

"There is tic and toc in atomic" - Neil Peart
Baradakas
Lord

Post by Baradakas »

I'm gonna read Runes. :P
"Fortunate circumstances do not equate to high ideals."

"Mostly muffins sir."- My answer in response to the question posed by the officer, "Son, do you have anything on you I should know about?"

His response: "Holy $&!^. He's not kidding! Look at all these muffins!"
UrLord
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by UrLord »

kill a yak

oh, and quite possibly purchase several copies of Runes for distribution to everyone who needs to read it
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Post by duchess of malfi »

I will be working. :(
But that following weekend I have three days off...guess what I will be reading on the train on my way to and from Chicago? :wink:
Love as thou wilt.

onewyteduck
The Gap Into Spam

Post by onewyteduck »

I'm tentatively planning to take the whole week of the 11th at this point. Fall cleaning on the 11th, 12th and 13th, then early trip to Books A Million on the 14th. The next two days, I plan to sit on my butt and read. I'm entitled, I've been waiting for this book for 23 years now!
Be kind to your web-footed friends, for a duck may be somebody's mother.
Dragonlily
Lord

Post by Dragonlily »

I'm going to stop off at Powells on my way home from work on the 14th. I have vacation the following week, and I am performing my equivalent of prayer that SRD's tour will bring him here during that week. I want to have enough of RUNES read so I can ask him questions.
"The universe is made of stories, not atoms." -- Roger Penrose
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Re: What are your plans for the October 14th release of Rune

Post by Fist and Faith »

dlbpharmd wrote:My plans for the release of Runes - I have already put in for vacation time for the 14th and 15th of October (I'm off that weekend as well.) I will be driving to my nearest decent book store, which is in Knoxville, TN (about a 40 mile drive.) I plan to be at the book store at 9am. I will purchase Runes, then head to a quiet place to read. I may even get a hotel room, I haven't decided yet. Wherever I end up, I will be reading until I finish the book.
Almost exactly my plan as well. I'm not telling my family that I'm taking those days off, so I'll just sit in B&N the entire first day. Next day, I'll read at home, helping out with this and that between chapters.
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Edge
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Edge »

I'll definitely be reading it in one, uninterrupted-by-anything sitting! :D
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Aah, woe is me! In Darkest Africa I'll have to wait at least a few months for it to reach here.

I don't worry about things like that though, or harass my local bookstore managers.

I patiently wait until I see it incidentally on the shelves. Sometimes I even wait for the soft-cover to come out before I buy it, because most of my collections are in paperback, and I hate having one hardback standing out.

In fact, the last books I specifically ordered from a shop were vol 2 & 3 of the 1st Chrons, back in 1990 or so.

Infelice
Lord

Post by Infelice »

Sigh :( I'll be sitting waiting for Mid November to come so I can get my own copy. :(
Gart
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Gart »

Well, seeing as the 14th is my birthday, if all goes according to plan I'll be enjoying the best present I've had in years and years and years. 8)
...but in the morning, I will be sober
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

I'll probably work, cook some dinner, maybe have a couple of drinks at the pub, hang around on msn for a bit, go to bed...get round to buying Runes six months later, then forget to read it til next Christmas. With this answer, I have striven for accuracy.
Revan
Drool Rockworm's Servant

Post by Revan »

Baradakas wrote:I'm gonna read Runes. :P
like anyone coud do anything else. :D
hierachy
Lord

Post by hierachy »

Darth Revan wrote:
Baradakas wrote:I'm gonna read Runes. :P
like anyone coud do anything else. :D
Well, I won't be reading it for at least another week.

~-Hierachy-~ Does it matter if I don't empty my bin(s)?
Furls Fire
Lord

Post by Furls Fire »

I hope to be able to sit and read it all at once, but I doubt I'll be able too. Brooke will probably have it read before me. But, even so, I think I can get reading time in between feedings, alarms and ringing phones. :D

43 days everyone!!! :S
And I believe in you
altho you never asked me too
I will remember you
and what life put you thru.

~fly fly little wing, fly where only angels sing~

~this world was never meant for one as beautiful as you~

...for then I could fly away and be at rest. Sweet rest, Mom. We all love and miss you.

Image Image
A Gunslinger
The Gap Into Spam

Post by A Gunslinger »

I am likely to take 2 days off and read it cover to cover.
"I use my gun whenever kindness fails"

ImageImage
Revan
Drool Rockworm's Servant

Post by Revan »

Furls Fire wrote:I hope to be able to sit and read it all at once, but I doubt I'll be able too. Brooke will probably have it read before me. But, even so, I think I can get reading time in between feedings, alarms and ringing phones. :D

43 days everyone!!! :S
ek!!! I wouldn´t be suprised if it took you a year to read it with all those kids you have!!! 8O
Furls Fire
Lord

Post by Furls Fire »

all the older ones will be in school by then, so it will just be the babies, the nurses and me :) I think I'll be able to squeeze in some reading time, barring any major illnesses. :)
And I believe in you
altho you never asked me too
I will remember you
and what life put you thru.

~fly fly little wing, fly where only angels sing~

~this world was never meant for one as beautiful as you~

...for then I could fly away and be at rest. Sweet rest, Mom. We all love and miss you.

Image Image
Revan
Drool Rockworm's Servant

Post by Revan »

:( I hope all your kids stay healthy, for your sake and theirs Furls. |G You´ll love the new book! :D

Return to “The First and Second Chronicles of Thomas Covenant”