How Do You Feel Today? v4

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

Cord Hurn
Servant of the Band

Post by Cord Hurn »

SoulBiter wrote:Heading out to Colorado to go Ski'ing for a week. I am glad to say that at 57 my "check engine light" has still not come on although my check oil and service engine soon has a number of times. LOL

I've been pushing my time on my 3 mile runs and did about 5 miles of hills at a local State park on Monday. That was all so I am not so sore the first few days.
Congratulations on making that awesome-sounding adventure a reality, SoulBiter! :)
Cord Hurn
Servant of the Band

Post by Cord Hurn »

Lazy Luke wrote:I noticed some spring flowers yesterday. Or at least I seem to remember long ago daffys and snowflakes popping up in april, not february. It felt like I should be sad the wold has become dysfunctional, but then, Big Jeff will be donating 10 $billion to scientists so they might do something about it.

So come on guys, sort it out. We want our spring flowers in spring, not in winter.
Seems a reasonable expectation, Luke. Image
Cord Hurn
Servant of the Band

Post by Cord Hurn »

Skyweir wrote::LOLS:

I love animal lovin stories ... cuz theyre mostly just adorbs ♥️ I can read em all day long ... if I had the time.

Keep coming and pics are fab 🤗🤗🤗🤗
I'm with Linna: it's great to have you back on here, Skyweir! :nanaparty:
deer of the dawn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by deer of the dawn »

Agreed!

I had a good reminder this week of just how crazy sick malaria can make you. I think I threw up from depths in my soul I didn't want to know about. The next day I could barely walk. Yesterday was actually the first time I woke in the morning feeling good in a really long time. Today, a bit of a relapse, but work that piled up that's due Monday had to get addressed and I'm leading music at a retreat all weekend, so no rest for the wicked.

Hey, I did lose 5 lbs pretty much overnight, so there's that! :D
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle. -Philo of Alexandria

ahhhh... if only all our creativity in wickedness could be fixed by "Corrupt a Wish." - Linna Heartlistener
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

:LOLS:

Not the nicest way to drop 5lbs 😬 ... sounds absolutely awful Deer 😢 hopefully you are on the mend. Jeez malaria is the illness that just keeps giving 🙄

You are too kind Cord ♥️ I am truly grateful for every wonderful Watcher we have here, its a joy to rub shoulders with you ♥️

How do I feel today? Well I dont have malaria, so nothing really to complain about. But alas Im having an insomniac night. Its 3am and sleep is not on the agenda ... mores the pity.

Ive also had a very busy day and tonight just as I was settling in to the evening and ready for my Battlestar Galactica eps ... I got a call to go out and do some sand bagging. So I went ... had a lot of fun in the pouring rain filling sandbags, digging trenches and other such fun. I genuinely love mucking in .. its satisfying. Got back home at about 9pm .. had dinner, watched my shows and went to bed. But got sick of just lying there. So am here lol 😂
ImageImageImageImage
keep smiling 😊 :D 😊

'Smoke me a kipper .. I'll be back for breakfast!'

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

Linna Heartbooger wrote: To me, Discord "feels" a lot like the late-90s-til-like-2003 Real-Time messaging programs that we loved so well.
You know how you could have an hour-long session talking to your friend, or counseling each-other about problems? (anyone else with me, who remembers this?)
That was awesome.

(Also, thank you for recommending Discord to the Watch awhile back, Sorus!!)
Like IRC? I miss Telnet. Nobody uses Telnet anymore. I probably wouldn't be into WoW if I hadn't gotten my start in text-based MUDs. I'd probably still play a couple of those if they were around.

You're welcome on the Discord. I rarely use it myself - too social-media-y for my taste. I just can't handle the need to instantly respond to messages. I have to jump when devices chirp at me at work; I don't need that in my downtime.

Skyweir wrote:Ive also had a very busy day and tonight just as I was settling in to the evening and ready for my Battlestar Galactica eps ...
Ooh, hope you were able to make time. Old BSG or new BSG?

Oh, a change is coming, feel these doors now closing
Is there no world for tomorrow, if we wait for today?

Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Avatar wrote:And right now, TBH, with a mortality rate of 3.4% I'm not all that worried. The old, the infirm, the very young and of course, the immune-compromised are at much higher risk though.
Well, yeah...

I'm over 60.
I'm a Type II diabetic.
I have chronic myeloid leukemia.
I'm on walking chemo which supresses my immune system.
I'm a two year breast cancer survivor.
I'm an eight year thyroid cancer survivor.
I live within five miles of the largest outbreak of CORVID-19 in the US.

Despite all of that, I'm still going to socialize and not self isolate myself. I'll do what reasonable flu preventative precautions that I'm aware of.

And I'll enjoy the less crowded roads, restaurants, and retail spaces the past week has brought to the greater Seattle metro area.
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Seems reasonable Menolly.

New BSG Sorus 👌 totally love the new series. Like to binge watch at least annually. My binge watching is an episode or two in the evening before bed till its done .. then grieve at its passing lol 😂

I have read theyre making new BSG series 😎 very excite.
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

Had not heard about the new series. That's cool, though I will be surprised if it can meet the standards set by the last one. Caprica couldn't, though I think they should have given it at least another season to try.

It's weirdly quiet here. People are really pretty freaked out. I'm bouncing back and forth between they're overreacting and maybe I'm not taking this seriously enough.

Don't know what my personal risk level is - I have autoimmune issues that usually put me in the high-risk category, but not much I can do about that. Can't work from home, can't avoid public transportation. I go for years without getting sick, and when I do get whatever flu is going around at work it's usually a very mild version, but I've had the fully icky version twice in the last six months, and I hope that isn't a trend. No point in losing sleep over it, but probably good to be prepared.

Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

No Sorus, no point in losing sleep over it.

Wash your hands regularly, if there is a health threat in your location, where a face mask.

Out here its totally different .. I live in remote rural NSW in a village of 28 or so. I have a higher risk of contracting Q fever than COVID 19.

So I can be more relaxed.

But you live in densely populated urban environment so theres that.

I tend to think that at this stage its the elderly and weak that are at greatest risk of infection.

I read last week about a baby that recovered .. which are usually vulnerable to such infections. But with the risk of reinfection a lot is still unknown.
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

Yeah. Given the shortage of tests, I think the numbers here are probably much higher than reported. There's a pretty good chance that I have already been exposed. I'm more worried about the economic fallout. Downtown is spooky quiet. Business at work is down, and it's only going to get worse. Again, this is something that is affecting a high percentage of the population, and there's nothing I can do about it. Just a reminder of how fragile our infrastructure is.

Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Definitely.

The knock on effects of something like this are potentially catastrophic.

We experienced the same with the bushfires, businesses like mine really felt it.
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Masks are for people to avoid infecting others. Pretty ineffective when it comes to protecting you from being infected.

Much more likely to get infected from touching a contaminated surface, and then touching your face as you re-adjust your uncomfortable mask.

Also, safely removing a mask which may in itself be contaminated requires a learned technique. Leave the masks for the people who need them, wash your hands, don't touch your face without washing them thoroughly again.

3 cases here so far, apparently all contained for the moment.

--A
Cord Hurn
Servant of the Band

Post by Cord Hurn »

Avatar wrote:Masks are for people to avoid infecting others. Pretty ineffective when it comes to protecting you from being infected.

Much more likely to get infected from touching a contaminated surface, and then touching your face as you re-adjust your uncomfortable mask.

Also, safely removing a mask which may in itself be contaminated requires a learned technique. Leave the masks for the people who need them, wash your hands, don't touch your face without washing them thoroughly again.

--A
This seems like pretty solid advice, based on all I have read about this corona virus from our official health authorities.
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

A few things

1) julie is having a heart procedure on
Thursday. She has afib. So they will do
Ablation for it.
https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/ ... n-ablation
Julie does not respond well to anesthesia.
Takes a long time to wake up.

2] my mom has congestive heart failure. She was in the hospital
This past weekend. Turns out she had a cancerous growth
Removed from her stomach last month but was waiting for tests
To tell me.

3] I am getting my ankle fixed again in august. Will be out
Until October. This time two screws and a plate.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Skyweir
Lord of Light

Post by Skyweir »

Hope all goes well for Julie ♥️ Sending healing vibes your familys way.
ImageImageImageImage

EZBoard SURVIVOR
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

Since we are all going old people maladies (sorry to hear about your wife and mom, Null), I too am braving the hospital today in light of all that is going on to get a liver biopsy that they found lesions on. Wow, there really are so many reasons to be afraid these days.
Plus, I just started a new job, have no time off to do all this medical stuff I need to do, and I can't stay and chat with y'all except at home, which usually I'm busy with the kids and so forth. I'm going to try to make it here more often, but I'm adjusting my life at the moment.
Take care y'all, and I'm sure I'll be back with better news later.
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

Thank you sky and Cags.

We are at the hospital now ,
Waiting g for the procedure.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Holy crap!

Effective at 6 p.m. tomorrow - Friday, March 13 - The Seattle Public Library will close all locations to the public, and these closures will remain in effect until at least April 13.

www.spl.org/ChiefLibrarian
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

Libraries, schools, museums, everything here is closed. When I left work my boss was on an ominous conference call. I have enough PTO to get me through a rough patch, but this is scary. I'm torn because we do need to take this seriously, but so many people here are living paycheck-to-paycheck.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”