Pantheon 2.0 - Rules and Comments Thread

Moderator: Xar

Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

...don't know how to circle the name like Balon did...

Hmmm...

User name change from Nephirthos, or two separate accounts?

...guess I could always check the Watch memberlist...

***EDIT***

Interesting...
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Looks like Nephirthos and The World Breaker are two different user acconts, Menolly. What's up with that?

Also: Please tell me Neph will still be his obsessive, paranoid old self. Otherwise Maeror won't get to have as much fun taunting him.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Murrin wrote:Looks like Nephirthos and The World Breaker are two different user acconts, Menolly. What's up with that?
*nod*

That's what I found so interesting. I have no answer...

Cleansing flame, huh?

Hmmm...
Astavyastataa Kadna
Bloodguard

Post by Astavyastataa Kadna »

If Nephy and World Breaker are BOTH in the Pantheon ... they MUST both be listed!! (so we know how powerful they are.) Do my cousins agree? :biggrin:
Mistress Cathy
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Mistress Cathy »

Yes, I agree.
Moxinomal
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Moxinomal »

Astavyastataa Kadna wrote:If Nephy and World Breaker are BOTH in the Pantheon ... they MUST both be listed!! (so we know how powerful they are.) Do my cousins agree? :biggrin:
Embracing me is to embrace the true way your mind works. Let yourself not be hindered by the false.
Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

By the way, did anyone realize there is a new contest? :P
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

I did. :D Deadline is still ages away though isn't it? And btw, what's the dealine for moves? 4th?

--A
Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

Avatar wrote:I did. :D Deadline is still ages away though isn't it? And btw, what's the dealine for moves? 4th?

--A
Yes, I said August 5 but it was a typo - it's saturday, August 4, 10 pm GMT time.
Bhakti
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Bhakti »

Uh... *raises hand to get Xar's attention* Will my turn end any time soon??? I've been making plans for 23's moves for some days. Now I learn that the state of affairs in Shakari is not what I thought it was; that Herzwald is broken; that I've lost (how many?) more Forestals; that, instead of one of these creatures landing and being destroyed, four more landed, and they're running around Shakari?? I'll change my moves now, unless I should wait for more info. (Please fill in the appropriate tone of voice for this post.)
I am the self-fulfilling prophecy. Give love, and you WILL receive love. Let your every answer, your every action and reaction, your every desire, be rooted in love.
Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

Bhakti wrote:Uh... *raises hand to get Xar's attention* Will my turn end any time soon??? I've been making plans for 23's moves for some days. Now I learn that the state of affairs in Shakari is not what I thought it was; that Herzwald is broken; that I've lost (how many?) more Forestals; that, instead of one of these creatures landing and being destroyed, four more landed, and they're running around Shakari?? I'll change my moves now, unless I should wait for more info. (Please fill in the appropriate tone of voice for this post.)
Actually, it's not just your turn... give it time and keep an eye on the game thread, all of you ;) YOUR turn is over though. The World Breaker is also somehow breaking the known rules, acting in between turns - as your passage shows, and others will show later. As for how or whether he can do this with impunity, if he has to follow some (unknown) rules, or if he's expending power doing this... I'll let you people judge ;)

I'll reiterate though - the actions that affect Bhakti are over until the end of the turn... :twisted:
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Xar wrote:Actually, it's not just your turn... give it time and keep an eye on the game thread, all of you ;) YOUR turn is over though. The World Breaker is also somehow breaking the known rules, acting in between turns - as your passage shows, and others will show later. As for how or whether he can do this with impunity, if he has to follow some (unknown) rules, or if he's expending power doing this... I'll let you people judge ;)
...mumbling to self...

Aie-yi-yi...no statistics posted because this guy is outside the Pantheon...
Simjen
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Simjen »

Xar wrote:The World Breaker is also somehow breaking the known rules, acting in between turns - as your passage shows, and others will show later. As for how or whether he can do this with impunity, if he has to follow some (unknown) rules, or if he's expending power doing this... I'll let you people judge ;)
I'll state it openly so that all may know - only the Allfather can act between the turns or allow other gods to do so, such as when I met with him to receive the boon to which we all agreed. If the World Breaker is doing this, I think it means he has stolen at least this ability. Considering what he stole from Kadna, I don't think this is beyond the realm of possibility.

If that is the case, what is our recourse? I believe one of us may have to enter the mists, not to confer with the Allfather directly, but to find a way to counter this.

Myself, I will be going into battle with Nephirthos directly this turn, committing the whole of my DRP to it. If anyone would aid me with DRP, please say so here or at least inform me via PM.
Said she, "What I get I get out of the fire,
So prithee, strike home and redouble the blow."
Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

Simjen wrote:
Xar wrote:The World Breaker is also somehow breaking the known rules, acting in between turns - as your passage shows, and others will show later. As for how or whether he can do this with impunity, if he has to follow some (unknown) rules, or if he's expending power doing this... I'll let you people judge ;)
I'll state it openly so that all may know - only the Allfather can act between the turns or allow other gods to do so, such as when I met with him to receive the boon to which we all agreed. If the World Breaker is doing this, I think it means he has stolen at least this ability. Considering what he stole from Kadna, I don't think this is beyond the realm of possibility.

If that is the case, what is our recourse? I believe one of us may have to enter the mists, not to confer with the Allfather directly, but to find a way to counter this.

Myself, I will be going into battle with Nephirthos directly this turn, committing the whole of my DRP to it. If anyone would aid me with DRP, please say so here or at least inform me via PM.
This seems like a game thread post...
O-gon-cho
The Gap Into Spam
Location: And closing of the eyes - true vision, The Light within became...Within the Light

Post by O-gon-cho »

Xar wrote: This seems like a game thread post...
Picky, picky, pick... ;)

***EDIT***

Woops...wrong account...
Simjen
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Simjen »

Yeah, but I didn't want to quote 'Xar' in the game thread, so thought it'd make more sense all in one place. I'll repost minus the quote.
Said she, "What I get I get out of the fire,
So prithee, strike home and redouble the blow."
Benito Alvarez
Giantfriend

Post by Benito Alvarez »

So. CAN Nephirthos hear what's said in the Pantheon? Specifically our plans? That would suck.
Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

Lord Adomorn wrote:So. CAN Nephirthos hear what's said in the Pantheon? Specifically our plans? That would suck.
For the sake of having stuff in the open rather than a flurry of PMs, no, Nephirthos can't hear what's said in the Pantheon thread - although he can intervene and then hear what is said in answer to his words.

As an additional piece of info: as I told Asta, because entering the Mists is a rather important move (and, given the info Simjen brought back about the AllFather and the end of the world, a god entering the Mists is something which might be of concern to others), a god who wishes to enter the Mists can do so on in one of two ways:

1) He can manifest just outside the Mists in "Turn 1" and then step into the Mists in "Turn 2" (which means that the gods learn about his action between Turn 1 and Turn 2, and can therefore act to prevent his entrance if they wish); or

2) He can manifest just outside the Mists and enter them, provided he explicitly and publicly warns everyone about this in the game thread before the deadline of the turn so that the other gods can change their actions, if needed.

As far as I can see, Asta chose option 2 and already posted his intentions in the game thread. Keep this in mind when planning your moves.
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

Xar wrote: As far as I can see, Asta chose option 2 and already posted his intentions in the game thread. Keep this in mind when planning your moves.
MAN. We're all gonna die. I can feel it.
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
Astavyastataa Kadna
Bloodguard

Post by Astavyastataa Kadna »

Asta has listened to Simjen and is currently not planning on entering the mists this Turn. I will let the Pantheon know if Asta changes his mind!!

Return to “Pantheon”