How do you feel today?

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Heh, I went to the University of Maryland when there were nearly 50,000 students. 25,000 people is a small social gathering.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
Alynna Lis Eachann
Lord

Post by Alynna Lis Eachann »

I went to undergrad where the statewide school roster was about 2,000. On the main campus we had maybe 1800, and at least half of them were commuters. I shudder at the thought of going to any school with more than 5,000 people in it. *sigh* I guess I'll never get a PhD. :lol:

Stay safe, Jay! (I warned you VA was a scary place. ;) )
"We probably could have saved ourselves, but we were too damned lazy to try very hard... and too damn cheap." - Kurt Vonnegut

"Now if you remember all great paintings have an element of tragedy to them. Uh, for instance if you remember from last week, the unicorn was stuck on the aircraft carrier and couldn't get off. That was very sad. " - Kids in the Hall
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

:LOLS: My uni had about 30,000 people. You just ignore almost all of them most of the time anyway. :lol:

--A
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

I'm sore. Worked out too hard yesterday, and my hands hurt.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
Lorelei
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lorelei »

Cail wrote:I'm sore. Worked out too hard yesterday, and my hands hurt.
I worked out too hard yesterday too....you think they put something in our water?

I did a lower body Pilates workout yesterday morning....I can barely walk today....like a crazy person I did bike this morning, don't think that helped my walking situation any.....
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Must have. I'm going to do a light ab workout tonight, then some 12 ounce curls to kill the muscle pain.
Lorelei
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lorelei »

Cail wrote:Must have. I'm going to do a light ab workout tonight, then some 12 ounce curls to kill the muscle pain.
Enjoy one for me.....it is now verboeten...I have exactly 180 days to be in shape for the cruise I'm taking next year.....
Nav
Lord

Post by Nav »

My University has about 30,000 students and every single one of them annoys me. I quit my PhD last month and I've got to work here for another 10 days, tidying up loose ends, before I can leave. Unsurprisingly, I'm suffering from a severe lack of motivation towards that end so it's likely that my Watch time will increase dramatically for the next week and a half.

On the plus side, I got back from a nice trip to the Edinburgh Fringe last week (and who wouldn't be happy after having eaten a deep fried Mars bar?), despite the combined efforts of Islamic fundamentalists and airport security to spoil it.

I'm pretty bouyant today actually, as I've been pain-free this week with no trouble from either my Achilles or my arm/shoulder (although my neck does hurt when I move it that way). And tonight I'm going to see Snakes on a Plane!
Q. Why do Communists drink herbal tea?
A. Because proper tea is theft.
Waddley
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Waddley »

I feel kinda said. I lost the Gap book I'm on (the third one) and am stupid poor right now so I won't be able to rebuy it until payday :(

And I've decided that Nick is my least favorite character I've ever, ever read about. If it were sane to hate a character in a book, I'd hate him. (Sorry Elfgirl)
"Let my inspiration flow in token rhyme, suggesting rhythm." -Robert Hunter
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

I got a slight headache, but am otherwise ok. When do you get paid?
dANdeLION wrote:Image
Dandelion don't tell no lies
Dandelion will make you wise
Tell me if she laughs or cries
Blow away dandelion

I'm afraid there's no denying
I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

:hobbes: *

* This post carries Jay's seal of approval
Waddley
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Waddley »

week and a half or so.

And yeah, that poster pretty much says it.
"Let my inspiration flow in token rhyme, suggesting rhythm." -Robert Hunter
Lorelei
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lorelei »

I feel pretty stressed out at the moment.....got a project that has turned into a real bear....even looking at the project folder makes my stomach turn to knots.....anyone have any ideas for stress relief that don't involve either booze, cigarettes, or food?

{I feel like LLoyd Bridges in Airplane!}
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

Heh, beats me. We could start a drive to send Luci flowers or something; you know, get our minds off our issues for a day or two, and maybe help her get her mind off her surgery....
Blow away dandelion

I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

Lorelei
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lorelei »

dANdeLION wrote:Heh, beats me. We could start a drive to send Luci flowers or something; you know, get our minds off our issues for a day or two, and maybe help her get her mind off her surgery....

Good idea dAN.....make me worry about something else!

I think the drive would be more effective if we knew where to send the flowers, don' t you?
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

Uhh, you have a point there.
Blow away dandelion

I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

feeling good. could not find a monopoly game at the resale shop, but did find a wall street game. so that will help the project quite a bit. it is due saturday and we are just adding flourishes right now. the sound track will have to wait until thursday, need one more song.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
The Laughing Man
The Gap Into Spam

Post by The Laughing Man »

dANdeLION wrote:Uhh, you have a point there.
what he said!
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Feeling pretty okay today -- seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. Younger daughter started her senior year of HS yesterday. She has signed herself up for 4 AP classes and one honors class; plus she's stage manager for the fall play (they're doing "Our Town") and statistician for the varsity volleyball team. If she survives the next three months, the rest of the year will be a cakewalk....

Batty goes back to college this weekend for her sophomore year. (I promise to wave to you from Roanoke, Jay! :lol: )

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
Esmer
Giantfriend

Post by Esmer »

Kaiser Permanente Patient/Gift Shop Information: (415) 833-2000

Divisadero Florist, recommended locally by Kaiser: 1-800-496-0228

www.divisaderoflorist.com

Patient Name: Lucinda Snyder

Room Number: To Be Announced

That is all. 8)
even God must bend the knee
to the tyrant of eternity
having always been, to always have to be
jwaneeta
Bloodguard

Post by jwaneeta »

*low whistle*

Wow, Father, you're fast. Thanks for the info! Thursday, right?
Last edited by jwaneeta on Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the rue of the melody could not be mistaken

Return to “General Discussion Forum”