Bozo the Iron Man, Atomic Skull, and other Null Favorites

Look! Up in the sky! *To be continued...* (This story continued in KW Comics #263)

Moderators: dANdeLION, aTOMiC, sgt.null

Shouldn't DC publish an Atomic Skull comic?

Yes
No votes
Hell Yes
50%
Of Course!
No votes
Only if they allow Sgt. Null to wright it.
25%
No, there are already too many moronic titles in the DC universe.
25%

Total votes: 4

TheFallen
Master of Innominate Surquedry

Post by TheFallen »

___ wrote:I like absurd. I have all the Howard the Duck comics, and all the Megaton Man comics.... But, none of that means the Atomic Skull has any literary value, even it it's for comic relief. He doesn't even deserve his own thread, let alone his own comic.
If we're talking about absurd comics, it would be a travesty if the following archetypal superhero were left out of the discussion.

Frankly, WW has both enough history and absurdist street cred to knock Atomic Skull well over the edge of the dumpster.

And while I'm singing the praises of Gilbert Shelton to the hills (Wonder Warthog's creator), I'll add an image of his other seminal creation, the Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers.

Newsflash: the word "irony" doesn't mean "a bit like iron" :roll:

Shockingly, some people have claimed that I'm egocentric... but hey, enough about them

"If you strike me down, I shall become far stronger than you can possibly imagine."
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

fallen - sorry was never a fan. but glad for your contribution.

i can picture an Atomic Skull movie quite easily.

and lunch boxes, cereals, saturday morning cartoon.

the Atomic age is here!
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

Movie? I can't even picture this character having his own thread!
Dandelion don't tell no lies
Dandelion will make you wise
Tell me if she laughs or cries
Blow away dandelion

I'm afraid there's no denying
I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

:hobbes: *

* This post carries Jay's seal of approval
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

___ wrote:Movie? I can't even picture this character having his own thread!
and yet you have the 2nd most posts in it. :lol:
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

Laugh all you want. One day you'll realize what I meant. That day will probably be today.
Blow away dandelion

I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

___ wrote:Laugh all you want. One day you'll realize what I meant. That day will probably be today.
you know eventually this thread will be taught in college courses. :biggrin:

Minute-Man

During World War II, Jack Weston is an army private in prime physical condition who dons a patriotic costume and becomes the Minute-Man, a "One Man Army" who combats enemy agents. His double identity is known to his superior officer General Milton, who sends the Minute-Man on unsanctioned missions behind enemy lines. Minute-Man serves as a member of a group of local Fawcett City heroes, the Crime Crusaders Club.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

Please, hasn't our education system fallen enough already?
Blow away dandelion

I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

A member of the Superior Five, Lagomorph seems to be an evil version of the Inferior Five's Dumb Bunny.

www.dialbforblog.com/archives/46/

I wonder if I can dind and afford these issues.

I also wonder how blatant a copyright has to violated before someone shuts it down.

anyone of us here should be able to prosecute that case in court.

the bad guys in that issue are... Dr. Fate! Atom Jaw! Elasticman (called Plastic Man in Cap #1)! Tinyman! Dr. Doom! Plus the Destroyer! And our old friend The Bat aka the Ray!

Madame Fatal

"She" was actually Richard Stanton, a handsome, pipe-smoking, dapper, middle-aged blonde Caucasian man who is exceptionally intelligent and intuitive, as well as being at the peak of his physical abilities. He had made a vast fortune successfully playing the Wall Street stock market of the late 1920s, a time of economic unrest, which incurred the jealousy of many of those close to him. In his private life, Stanton was also a widower and a single father, being the parent of a two-year-old (unnamed) girl. As well as being a successful financial investor, Stanton is also a lover of theatrics and a world-famous stage, theatre, radio and film actor living in Manhattan, until his wealthy and prominent celebrity status brought unwanted attention from costumed villains. Stanton's daughter was kidnapped by them and the police were unable to uncover their identities, but Stanton was, on his wits and superior investigative skills. As such, Stanton decided to take matters into his own hands after he deduced that the leader of the gang was John Carver, a crime kingpin who had been running extortion rackets in various cities.

As a civilian, Stanton had already been searching for Carver for eight years, after a fight they had and the threats that Carver had made. Prior to this, Carver had been the first man to love Stanton's late wife, and Carver had been jilted when she chose Stanton instead. After the kidnapping of Stanton's daughter, and when the police got nowhere, Stanton's wife was riddled with guilt as it was her previous connection with Carver which had brought about the whole scenario. She died of a broken heart.

Stanton was able to infiltrate the John Carver gang due to his convincing acting and stage disguise as an old, helpless, red-cloaked woman with a red walking cane which doubled as a sly quarterstaff. Once inside their lair Stanton then used his natural athleticism and physical abilities to wipe out the unsuspecting gang, and revealed his true identity to Carver. In the ensuing fight, Carver (a formidable fighter himself) knocked Stanton to the ground and attempted to shoot him with a revolver, but Stanton quickly pulled out a rug from underneath Carver, tripping him up, and Carver accidentally shot himself instead. In his dying breaths, the crime kingpin told Stanton his daughter was still alive, although held captive by another villain. He never revealed who before dying.

Stanton decided to retire from acting and continue down the path of a crime-fighter and bring other villains to justice, inspired by his first success, adopting the alter-ego Madame Fatal. Stanton made his last appearance on Broadway on May 1, 1930, as an old woman, which garnered Stanton praise and acclaim from the audience. After that he disappeared from public view altogether and became "Madame Fatal" full-time. Stanton would also use the alternate identity to attempt to locate his captive daughter, whom Carver had passed onto other villains.

members.fortunecity.com/srca1943/Spot9-3-1.html
a reprint of a story.

CRAZY QUILT

Crazy-Quilt is a noted painter who leads a double-life as a master criminal. He gives the plans for his crimes to various henchmen through clues left in his paintings. His criminal empire crashes to a halt when one of his henchmen double-crosses him and sets him up to be arrested. Blinded by a gunshot wound, he is sent to prison, where he volunteers for an experimental procedure that restores his vision. This is combined with a special helmet fused to his optic nerves.

The procedure works to a point, but has a tragic side effect: he can see, but the colors are blindingly vivid and disorienting. It drives him mad, and upon his release he takes on the guise of Crazy-Quilt.

Dynamite Thor

Peter Thor becomes Dynamite Thor, an adventurer who wears a costume that allows him to propel himself through the air by blowing up sticks of dynamite located in his belt. Much like Joe Hercules, he uses his mythical last name as part of his new heroic identity. Dynamite Thor was the second Thor created by Fox Features Syndicate and made his appearance after the first Thor made his last appearance in Weird Comics. Thor had the power of being immune to the effect of explosives.

muttermumblegrumblegripe.blogspot.com/2010/07/todays-stories-are-dynamite-thor-from.html

Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

Here you go, null. Try not to explode in your pants when you click this link: Steve Ditko Omnibus
Last edited by dANdeLION on Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blow away dandelion

I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

MEGATON dAN wrote:Here you go, null. Try not to explode in your pants when you click this link: Steve Ditko Omnibus
I don't want to know what you mean by that.
"If you can't tell the difference, what difference does it make?"

"There is tic and toc in atomic" - Neil Peart
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

It's a phrase I picked up from 'Anger Management'.
Blow away dandelion

I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

thank you dAN! i can package both for $73.40

i appreciate the link.

This Jack Frost seemingly awoke wandering the Arctic wastes with no knowledge of his past or origins. He resembles a young man made of ice, and can create and withstand extremely cold temperatures and generate large amounts of ice. During World War II, he joined with other superheroes to form the team Liberty Legion and protect the United States from Axis home-front infiltration. The Liberty Legion was initially assembled by Bucky Barnes to rescue the Invaders brainwashed by the Red Skull. With the Legion, Jack Frost battled Namor the Sub-Mariner and the original Human Torch, and protected bystanders from shrapnel with an ice umbrella.

Jack Frost appeared in the modern era, where it was explained he had sacrificed himself by melding with an Arctic "ice-worm" monster in order to neutralize it and keep it from possibly devastating humanity. Jack Frost was briefly freed during an encounter with Captain America before willingly being swallowed by and melding with the ice-worm once more. Marvel's mythological character Thor in this issue speculated that this Jack Frost may be the diminutive child of a Norse mythology Frost giant.

Spot
Gibbon
Kangaroo
Grizzly

As the name of the group suggests, they are the most ridicule group Spider-Man ever faced. This group consist of Spot (Jonathan Ohnn), Kangaroo II (Brian Hibbs), Grizzly (Max Markham), and Gibbon (Martin Blank). All of them faced Spider-Man before and were easily defeated, so they united to get revenge on him. When they faced him, he let them think they defeated him, so he discovers what they wanted to do next. They robbed a bank, but soon Grizzly and Gibbon found out that this was not what they wanted to do, and started fighting with Spot and Kangaroo. After quickly defeating the latter, they "found out" that Spider-Man was only faking being unconscious. They delivered the money back to him and he fled, saying that he will not web them because they delivered back the money and gave up being criminals.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Flexo the Rubber Man

Flexo the Rubber Man is a robot composed of a rare material informally dubbed as live rubber. Flexo was created by two brothers, Joel Williams and Joshua Williams. The robot had a own personality and soon started fighting crime. Although he was made out of rubber, he was amazingly strong.

Composed of a material known as live rubber, Flexo the Rubber Man, is a robot who possesses super human durability, and resilience. Bullets fired at Flexo will harmlessly bounce off and any indents would simply reset or reseal. Flexo possesses super human flexibility and stretchability as his body is superhumanly malleable. Flexo also possesses greater speed and strength, allowing for rapid movement and the ability to lift objects several tons heavy.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Vic Bragg was a swimming champion before turning to crime, before he fell in with Dr. Krill, the brilliant medical doctor and marine biologist who had also turned to a life of crime for some unknown reasons. Dr. Krill had been studying Aquaman's powers and crime-fighting methods, and had hypothesized that the only way for a person to commit crimes on the sea is if one could escape into the air afterwards, where Aquaman would not be able to follow.

After coming to this conclusion, Dr. Krill surgically altered Bragg making him not only just amphibious, but able to take to the air for short periods of time with the aid of a special costume. After several months of recovery and training, Bragg began his career as the Human Flying Fish. Initially, Aquaman was indeed stymied by the Human Flying Fish's ability to escape into the air for a time, but he soon came up with clever ways to counter that advantage, and eventually captured both criminals.

Human Flying Fish is amphibious, and able to fly with help from his costume.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Rainbow Boy

Having somehow gained superhuman "rainbow control" that only works when light is shining on him (but can be overcome through the use of an "ingenious solar battery"), Jay Watson, worker for the "Wizard Kid Radio Program", became the crime fighter Rainbow Boy, often working alongside fellow hero, Hydroman. He can also fly at the speed of light and shape his rainbow trail at will.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...

Return to “dANdeLION's Comics Cave”