Pantheon 2.0 - Rules and Comments Thread

Moderator: Xar

Vadhaka
Giantfriend

Post by Vadhaka »

Oh, a quick suggestion...

If we're going to be conducting this at least partly by e-mail, how about making the details available.

Like adding the Deity e-mail address and PM link to the first post of the game thread alongside their other details.

Mine would be:

Anyway...just a thought that might make things easier.

If anybody wants to set up a gmail address for their Deity, just send me a mail at the above address for an invite.
Death To All Fanatics!
jastrau
Stonedownor

Post by jastrau »

Good idea Vadhaka!

Jastrau (and Prebe's) e-mail is Svend.Auken(AT)gmail.com

The e-mail I used to create the Jastrau profile will be for ever ignored. It's a ho-mail (as my wife accidentally typed the other day). I liked the idea. Makes me wonder if the domain is taken. :biggrin:)

Edit: Someone DID buy www.ho-mail.com
Heh!
Last edited by jastrau on Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

You might want to edit that tomake it a non-link Jastrau.

Oh, Xar, check the last post on the previous page for some important questions.

--A
jastrau
Stonedownor

Post by jastrau »

Done! I guess you are afraid that people accidentally reveal their private e-mail address in the sender field?

Post by Avatar »

Not that, bots regularly crawl web-pages storing anything they recognise as an email address. Posting an address is an invitation to recieve lots and lots of spam.

It doesn't help against screen-scraping, (manually recording addresses that people have foolishly posted), but it does stop the bots from picking it up.

--A
Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

Vadhaka wrote:Quick questions Xar:

Are you sure about having two turns a week? We struggled with it last time and there were less of us.

If we stick to two a week, does that mean Tuesday is the last day to send in moves for that turn? Or must the moves just be in by the end of Wednesday?

Finally, a reminder to everybody who will have dealings with me that if both points above are true, then I will only have Monday and Tuesday to move for the first turn of the week, and only Thursday and Friday for the second (Assuming we receive events for the second by Thursday.)

Now I'm fine with that, but it means that any proposals concluded with me by others will require speedy decision on their parts. ;)
Well, I think the email system and the randomizer should speed things up. But, in the interest of verification whether this is true, we can start with one turn per week, on Sunday, and then see how it goes.

So, for now, we'll only have a turn on Sundays!

As for the deadlines for each turn: this is important, so I'm going to put it in evidence here, and then I'll also post it in the rules.

For the turn on Sunday, I need your choices by 11 GMT on Saturday!

If I do not receive your choices by that deadline, I will consider you as doing nothing for the turn, and react as needed. Also (and I cannot stress this enough) do NOT send me multiple emails each turn, each of them changing something from the previous ones because you just thought of it: take your time, wait until the last moment if needed, but send me only one email with your moves per turn. If you do otherwise, it is at your own risk: I do not guarantee anything in that case.

By the way, my email address is xargreyhawk(AT)gmail(DOT)com.

Post by Avatar »

Thanks Xar. One turn a week, (although I argued against it originally) actually does suit me better in terms of time to communicate with fellow deities etc.

--A
Bhakti
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Bhakti »

Menolly wrote:Will the Bhakti revealed be a reincarnation of the Bhakti of old? Or is this a new g-d ith the same name?
I am the son of Bhakti and Elauradaneth. Hence, the combination of my areas of influence.

My parents often argue about how I happened to be born. Both claim to have been the victim of an alcoholic ambush, and it's difficult to know whose word to take on the matter. On the one hand, my father proposed marriage to my mother within a few days of her ascension to godhood. She turned him down. (Perhaps he was not so much the God of Love that he wanted to be.) Given the chance, would he have gotten her drunk and taken advantage of the situation? But let us not forget, she was, as her own dogma will support, very interested in beer anyway. Getting her drunk was never the most difficult task, so her claim that my conception was the result of her having been "tricked" is somewhat dubious.

On the other hand, my father hardly needed to be drunk to be talked into a tryst. I have never heard that he was anything but faithful to his wife. But when she died, his motto sees to have changed to I am the God of Love. I Love all. At least when they let me.

As near as I can figure, they were both drunk. However, they were always friends, and remain so. Their arguments about who was drunk are always made with smiles and looks of shared secrets.
I am the self-fulfilling prophecy. Give love, and you WILL receive love. Let your every answer, your every action and reaction, your every desire, be rooted in love.
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

My revelation is up. I can't believe how much effort I put into something so small. Yesterday I wrote the first part, which isn't really up to scratch, but I've just spent about an hour putting together the stuff after Darkness greets....
I really ought to put this sort of effort into my other writing.

On another note, I'm even more confused about who's who this time than I was in the last game, what with all the specially-created accounts.. Any chance of some of you identifying yourselves?
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Bhakti wrote:
Menolly wrote:Will the Bhakti revealed be a reincarnation of the Bhakti of old? Or is this a new g-d ith the same name?
I am the son of Bhakti and Elauradaneth. Hence, the combination of my areas of influence.
Oh my goodness!! Where was the spew alert? I do hope Elfy has a chance to check in and see this sometime soon!
Benito Alvarez
Giantfriend

Post by Benito Alvarez »

Xar: would you mind adding my Contact info?

scarkeeper(AT)gmail(DOT)com
Norn
Giantfriend

Post by Norn »

Murrin wrote:On another note, I'm even more confused about who's who this time than I was in the last game, what with all the specially-created accounts.. Any chance of some of you identifying yourselves?
I am Norn, the Weaver. Goddess of Magic. Mistress of Fate. What more would you know of me?
Queeaqueg
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Queeaqueg »

I just keep things simple and name the God after me...
DEATH IS A PREFERABLE ALTERNATIVE TO COMMUNISM!
Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

Since this turn was shorter than it should normally be, having begun on Wednesday, I am granting one day of extension, so as to allow the gods who didn't post their revelation yet - Chisi and Happanamus - to post it. So the next turn will begin tomorrow... this extension is a one-time only event, so don't get all excited ;)
balon!
Lord

Post by balon! »

So our first turn will end tomarrow, or the second one will begin?
Avatar wrote:But then, the answers provided by your imagination are not only sometimes best, but have the added advantage of being unable to be wrong.
stonemaybe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by stonemaybe »

Question please....

On our turn, we allocate our points to situations as explained at the start.

However, if I want to do something entirely within my domain, nothing (initially anyway) to do with my followers or ongoing situations, do I have to allocate points to do that?

E.g. I want to encourage whales to make a particular part of the ocean their home more than another part. Can I just say that I've done this during my turn, and use my divine points on worshipper/situation issues, or do I have to allocate a divine point on the whales?
Aglithophile and conniptionist and spectacular moonbow beholder 16Jul11

(:/>
Vadhaka
Giantfriend

Post by Vadhaka »

You don't have to allocate a point to it. But that basically reduces the chance of success, (perhaps significantly).

(Damn it Xar...I was all looking forward to arriving at work so I could get started. :D )
Death To All Fanatics!
Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

Exactly. Plus, the more divine points you put into something, the greater the effect. And the efficacy of divine points is increased if you're doing something within your domain.

Sorry Av, you'll get your turn soon :P

Post by Avatar »

Bah...tomorrow you said...I'm holding you to it. ;)

Anybody unrevealed has a month before the "Death" rule comes into effect anyway. :lol:

--A
Queeaqueg
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Queeaqueg »

Do we summit moves now?
DEATH IS A PREFERABLE ALTERNATIVE TO COMMUNISM!

Return to “Pantheon”