KW ANTHOLOGY IV - PRIMER

For the discussion about old anthologies, or the planning of new ones.

Moderators: hierachy, aTOMiC

aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

Well, I'm trying to do my part. I've created a Kevinswatch Anthology forum at Glurpworld and have added and will add links to all three books, links to Kevinswatch (specifically the Kevin's Watch Anthology Forum) and Calderwood books. There's a free plug for Joy. :-) There are a few watch members that post to Glurpworld but still others that do not, plus many of my family members post there as well. The site is not in any way as busy as KW but I figure every little bit helps.

clearfrontier.proboards89.com/index.cgi ... thread=324
"If you can't tell the difference, what difference does it make?"

"There is tic and toc in atomic" - Neil Peart
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

iQuestor wrote:
CovenantJr wrote:The dissection is certainly an excellent idea. Good thinking. :thumbsup:

then lets do it!

should we start with AIII>?
Yes, please. I already started, sorta, with my A3 review thread, lo these many months ago. If we can find a home for this dissection idea elsewhere on the Watch, y'all can feel free to move my thread there. Or not. Your choice. :)

Where to put it? Writers Circle gets fewer visits, by nature of the fact that you have to petition to get in. Hall of Gifts, maybe? Or somewhere else?

SRD does have a copy of the first anthology (unless he's used it as a doorstop or something...). Luci gave it to him at a FBH taping.

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
CovenantJr
Lord

Post by CovenantJr »

iQuestor wrote:
CovenantJr wrote:The dissection is certainly an excellent idea. Good thinking. :thumbsup:

then lets do it!

should we start with AIII>?
Heh, I said it's a good idea, I didn't say I'm going to do it myself. I don't have any of the anthologies.
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

Dragonlily wrote:Yes, I like the dissection idea.

If CB published the series starting with this next one, there would not be any charges to the authors or the group. There would be a contract for each author.

We would be happy to have the advice of the submissions committee (sincerely), but we wouldn't necessarily agree with all their choices. :(

Joy

I think this might be worth considering. I know, for myself, that I would follow Joy's lead in any case. That we'd turn more control over to Calderwood Publishing is not in any way a negative, in fact I would view it as a huge positive. Without Joy we'd have to conscript some poor soul to do our editing for us in any case. I'm far too thickheaded and uneducated to serve as editor.
:biggrin:

iQuestor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by iQuestor »

aTOMiC wrote:
Dragonlily wrote:Yes, I like the dissection idea.

If CB published the series starting with this next one, there would not be any charges to the authors or the group. There would be a contract for each author.

We would be happy to have the advice of the submissions committee (sincerely), but we wouldn't necessarily agree with all their choices. :(

Joy

I think this might be worth considering. I know, for myself, that I would follow Joy's lead in any case. That we'd turn more control over to Calderwood Publishing is not in any way a negative, in fact I would view it as a huge positive. Without Joy we'd have to conscript some poor soul to do our editing for us in any case. I'm far too thickheaded and uneducated to serve as editor.
:biggrin:

I agree, and CWB could get some press here at KW!!!

Tom I may try my hand at your idea about the programmer (#5), but I may change some details.
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

iQuestor wrote:
Tom I may try my hand at your idea about the programmer (#5), but I may change some details.
By all means IQ. I'm just happy to help. Re arrange and change the idea any way you like. I think I liked that idea the most, I'm anxious to read what you'd do with it. I've really like your writing style and the stories you written thus far.

iQuestor
The Gap Into Spam

Post by iQuestor »

aTOMiC wrote:
iQuestor wrote:
By all means IQ. I'm just happy to help. Re arrange and change the idea any way you like. I think I liked that id :oops: ea the most, I'm anxious to read what you'd do with it. I've really like your writing style and the stories you written thus far.
thanks man. Thats high praise. :oops:
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

It's no effort. :-)

BTW I've added another story idea.

Dragonlily
Lord

Post by Dragonlily »

Menolly wrote:And perhaps to the anthology that includes Ghostblood on the North Star page?
Yes, I'll list that too.
"The universe is made of stories, not atoms." -- Roger Penrose
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

Wait. Am I seeing this right? While adding the links to my web site I found that not one person, writer or otherwise, has taken the time to add a review of any of the three books to the sales web site. What probably happened was that everyone thought the same thing I did. "I'll post one soon. I'm sure someone else will do it though." But no one did. I'm ashamed this didn't cross my mind earlier. If you went to the site, curious about any of the books, and didn't see any kind of critical review I'd probably think twice about buying the books myself. :-(

On a brighter note I just posted a review of KWA 2006. :-)

Dragonlily
Lord

Post by Dragonlily »

Good idea, Tom. :) And Jenny says she will add the links on our pages for aliantha, iQuester, and Xar.
"The universe is made of stories, not atoms." -- Roger Penrose
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Dragonlily wrote:And Jenny says she will add the links on our pages for aliantha, iQuester, and Xar.
Yay! :)
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Menolly wrote:
Dragonlily wrote:And Jenny says she will add the links on our pages for aliantha, iQuester, and Xar.
Yay! :)
Seconded. :) Thanks, Joy!

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

aTOMiC wrote:Wait. Am I seeing this right? While adding the links to my web site I found that not one person, writer or otherwise, has taken the time to add a review of any of the three books to the sales web site. What probably happened was that everyone thought the same thing I did. "I'll post one soon. I'm sure someone else will do it though." But no one did. I'm ashamed this didn't cross my mind earlier. If you went to the site, curious about any of the books, and didn't see any kind of critical review I'd probably think twice about buying the books myself. :-(

On a brighter note I just posted a review of KWA 2006. :-)
I really appreciate your review, Tom.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

aTOMiC wrote:Well, I'm trying to do my part. I've created a Kevinswatch Anthology forum at Glurpworld and have added and will add links to all three books, links to Kevinswatch (specifically the Kevin's Watch Anthology Forum) and Calderwood books. There's a free plug for Joy. :-) There are a few watch members that post to Glurpworld but still others that do not, plus many of my family members post there as well. The site is not in any way as busy as KW but I figure every little bit helps.

clearfrontier.proboards89.com/index.cgi ... thread=324
Uh, aTOMic, how about a link to glurpworld in your profile...you know, for the www button. I lost all my links and stuff when I left work, so everytime I go there I have to search the Watch for a link to it. :lol:

--A
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

Uh, aTOMic, how about a link to glurpworld in your profile...you know, for the www button. I lost all my links and stuff when I left work, so everytime I go there I have to search the Watch for a link to it. :lol:

--A
Sure buddy, all fixed. :-)

Post by Avatar »

aTOMiC wrote:

--A
Haha, thanks man. :D I meant in the "Website" field of your profile though. ;) But this is just as good.

--A
aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

aTOMiC wrote:

--A
Haha, thanks man. :D I meant in the "Website" field of your profile though. ;) But this is just as good.

--A
Crap! I intended to do that too. Ahhhhhh...... that's better. :biggrin:

Post by Avatar »

Awesome. :D Now I just have to click your profile and I can find Glurpworld. :D

--A
drew
The Gap Into Spam

Post by drew »

So is this going to happen or not?