Heroes Season 3.5

Talk about all your favorite series, shows, programs, news anchorpeople, ect.

Moderators: Cagliostro, sgt.null

Rigel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Rigel »

Yes, I meant the one where Angela et al end up digging in the desert.
"You make me think Hell is run like a corporation."
"It's the other way around, but yes."
Obaki, Too Much Information
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

I'm kinda over this show. I've been watching it all season long, and I'll finish out this season, but unless the finale really blows me away, I don't know if I'll be back. I'll certainly not be staying up past my bedtime for it.
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life
Rigel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Rigel »

What time does it air where you are?
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

8pm - 9pm. I work at 5am through most of the week. It's a little past it, which I'm willing to sacrifice for the shows I feel are worth it, but lately I find myself doing other things while I'm watching rather than paying attention. And as I also stay up late for Lost and 30 Rock, one more night with the earlier bedtime would be good.
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

I really enjoyed last night's episode.

I always enjoy the episodes where they reveal more of the skeletons in the Company Founders' closet.
Spoiler
Angela was awesome, and Dana Scarwid is fabulous with these little parts that are strange characters showing up for monumental plot driving.

It was great seeing Charles Deveaux, and finally getting some inkling of power (seems like a Parkman type, "Power of Suggestion" and also apparently reads minds, since he knew Angela loved that song).

The girl playing young Angela was absolutely perfect casting and acting.

Billy Bishop? Do we know him? Was that Elle's dad? Sure looked like him, but, I don't recall what Elle's dad's name was?

I also really love that they finally gave a reason for Angela's kleptomania, that was something from the first couple episodes they dropped that never made any sense, and it fits perfectly
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

Cagliostro wrote:I'm kinda over this show. I've been watching it all season long, and I'll finish out this season, but unless the finale really blows me away, I don't know if I'll be back. I'll certainly not be staying up past my bedtime for it.

Yeah, same here. I watched Monday's episode until the 1st commercial break, then did chores and email stuff for the rest of the hour. They draw everything out so much; it's like they only have 15 minutes worth of material to work with.
Dandelion don't tell no lies
Dandelion will make you wise
Tell me if she laughs or cries
Blow away dandelion

I'm afraid there's no denying
I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

:hobbes: *

* This post carries Jay's seal of approval
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Young Linderman's accent was atrocious.

Angela's big plan that was supposed to help them out was an entirely personal matter that didn't really make any difference in the overall picture (other than, of course, adding Alice as another rogue element for future seasons, just like Sylar's father will prove to be).

And oh, look, four volumes in and the new threat is exactly the same one we had toward the end of volume one (Sylar posing as Nathan).
sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

Murrin wrote:Young Linderman's accent was atrocious.

Angela's big plan that was supposed to help them out was an entirely personal matter that didn't really make any difference in the overall picture (other than, of course, adding Alice as another rogue element for future seasons, just like Sylar's father will prove to be).

And oh, look, four volumes in and the new threat is exactly the same one we had toward the end of volume one (Sylar posing as Nathan).
Yea, young Linderman didn't sit right with me, he definitely is no Malcolm McDowell. I thought Charles Deveaux and Bobby Bishop (yes, he was Elle's father) were pretty well done, though.
Rigel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Rigel »

So was that the end of the season, or are there a few more?
sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

Rigel wrote:So was that the end of the season, or are there a few more?
After the Episode "1961", there are 2 more. In the US, tonight and next Monday.
Rigel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Rigel »

OK. "1961" was the 23rd episode, and most TV shows in the States seem to have between 22 and 24, so we weren't sure.

It was weird, though... it seemed an almost logical point to end the season (and the series, if ratings have been dropping) with the formation of the Superhero Mafia (all that talk of a "family" instead of a "company"... oh, come on!), but it didn't feel resolved :/

Glad to know there are two more, hopefully with a more emotional climax.
sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

Rigel wrote:OK. "1961" was the 23rd episode, and most TV shows in the States seem to have between 22 and 24, so we weren't sure.

It was weird, though... it seemed an almost logical point to end the season (and the series, if ratings have been dropping) with the formation of the Superhero Mafia (all that talk of a "family" instead of a "company"... oh, come on!), but it didn't feel resolved :/

Glad to know there are two more, hopefully with a more emotional climax.
The one we saw last night centers around Sylar and his issues, done fairly decent, I believe. Very little in the way of comprehensible previews for next week (the finale).

I was actually surprised at 25 episodes this season myself. They used up 13 on the first Volume of the season (maybe expecting a possible cancellation?), so I guess they wanted 12 more to complete this Volume.
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

Wow, that was one lame season ender.....the reason the previews were incomprehensible was because the episode was so.....lame. Of course, I only halfway watched it; didn't catch what (if anything) happened to that super-lame bald guy Danko. Hopefully he's been written out of the show.
Dandelion don't tell no lies
Dandelion will make you wise
Tell me if she laughs or cries
Blow away dandelion

I'm afraid there's no denying
I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

:hobbes: *

* This post carries Jay's seal of approval
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Our last night was the penultimate, I Am Sylar. Interesting episode, though I'm not sure they really needed to make Sylar insane.

The writers are lazy. Why write interesting and believable storylines to bring your main characters into place for the climax when you can just have a 30-second montage of them all being picked up and dragged there?
They never have been great at connecting up each episode's events in a satisfying way.
sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

Murrin wrote:Our last night was the penultimate, I Am Sylar. Interesting episode, though I'm not sure they really needed to make Sylar insane.

The writers are lazy. Why write interesting and believable storylines to bring your main characters into place for the climax when you can just have a 30-second montage of them all being picked up and dragged there?
They never have been great at connecting up each episode's events in a satisfying way.
I too only was able to halfway watch the episode, because I was on the phone. But, there is an event in the Finale (That could make next season pretty interesting) that I believe makes the episode "I am Sylar" more important than one would initially think. This Volume was the return of the writer who made S1 so good, so hopefully this volume was just a cleanup, and we'll be OK from here on out. I'm going to check out the beginning of next season to see if things really are back on an upswing, the Preview of Volume 5 looked pretty good.
ItisWritten
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by ItisWritten »

I didn't think it was possible for a show featuring special powers, but that was definitely a shark siting in the season ender.

Not the volume 5 preview.
Spoiler
Ali Larter goes from ice queen to watery tart?
I won't elaborate until Murrin and others have caught up.
ItisWritten
sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

ItisWritten wrote:I didn't think it was possible for a show featuring special powers, but that was definitely a shark siting in the season ender.

Not the volume 5 preview.
Spoiler
Ali Larter goes from ice queen to watery tart?
I won't elaborate until Murrin and others have caught up.
Spoiler
Eh, considering her demise and getting shattered, who knows, they may be able to explain it, unless this is the third Ali Larter character (They made triplets of her). The wink when she was shattered indicated they might intend to bring her back to life
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

Yeah, I was very uninterested through most of the season finale. I think that wraps it up for me. I will be a fairweather friend to Heroes from now on - if I hear the show is getting a lot better, I'll tune in again, but I'm not setting my Monday night schedule around it anymore.
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
Rigel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Rigel »

?

Did the season end?
Building up to the finale, and all of a sudden...
Everything just went away?

That was a rather disappointing one. In fact, when Matt did his thing at the end, I turned to my wife and said, "That's a dumb idea, because X will happen." Then, five minutes later (in the opening for next season), X happened.
sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

Rigel wrote:?

Did the season end?
Building up to the finale, and all of a sudden...
Everything just went away?

That was a rather disappointing one. In fact, when Matt did his thing at the end, I turned to my wife and said, "That's a dumb idea, because X will happen." Then, five minutes later (in the opening for next season), X happened.
Yea, I think that's the reason for the episode "I Am Sylar" and for Sylar going through his dramas and "finding himself"

Return to “TV Shows”