Vampire: Dark Ages - Scene 7: The Offering

Moderator: Goatkiller666

Olaf_Magnusson
Ramen

Post by Olaf_Magnusson »

Spend blood to heal simple wounds and fuel Celerity, get back in the fight...Raphael is my target.

"By Odin's Blood! I pass not to Valhalla yet!" I scream my defiance as I unleash my burningly cold hammerblows upon him.
Alína Nyárí
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Alína Nyárí »

Seeing the huge Norseman fall from what appears to be severe wounds, the Jewess puts aside her attempt to influence Japheth and hurries towards the combat area to try to aid Olaf, digging into her satchel to remove herbal packets and tinctures as she runs. Then she suddenly stops, gawking, as the Brujah stands up and returns to fighting once again.

Retreating to a safe distance she calls out, "When you are willing to stop hurting yourself and others, come here and let me see to your wounds."
ךאשונ תישתדל לעזור
Rishon, tishtadel l'azor,
ואז אל תזק
v'az, al tazek.

Above all else, hasten to help.
And then, do no harm.

Taduz Illyannovich
Giantfriend

Post by Taduz Illyannovich »

Eyes closed.

Raph seems to have enough problems, now that leper is accosting...my batsire?

Raise one boney taloned hand in a fist towards Josef, fingers facing out.

[Willpower to make violence happen]

Open my hand palm out towards Josef, opening my black eyes.

[1 blood to fuel Heat Wave]

Those nearby hear a growl within the troll "Wither"
Taduz Illyannovich
Tzimisce
Seeker, Koldun, Fleshcrafter.
  • Cards and Crystals
    • Flesh and Soul
      • Coins and Stars
        • Parts of a Whole
          • What do you See?
            • What do you Charge?
Sabine
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Sabine »

Lady Seska is shooting at the guy below me. And big Olaf is hitting him. And I'm right here, so I should help.

I shift to puppy form, and fall out of the sky on Raphael. I bite him.
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

o - 0 - Japheth - does nothing
o - 0 - Augustus - does nothing
o - 0 - Claudio - continues to feed from Japheth
o - 0 - Marianna - does nothing
o - 0 - Kneeling Monks - do nothing

x - 12 - Hardestadt - (corpse) - does nothing
x - 11 - Josef - (celerity:4) - swings a sword at Mieczyslav, striking him in the arm [3 agg]
- 9 - Jadviga - (celerity:5) - attacks Raphael with claws, but he dodges
x - 8 - Milov - (wolfman) (celerity:5) - struggles against the shadow, but does not escape
x - 7 - Fanchon - begins to sparkle, which grows into a blinding nimbus of lightning around her. Backs up at the same time.
- 6 - Dimitra - (celerity:4) - appears by Fanchon, blasted [7 simples, stunned]
- 6 - Mieczyslav - (giant bat) (celerity:4) - bites Josef [2 agg]
x - 6 - Raphael - (celerity:4) - dodges Jadviga
x - 6 - Adana - (celerity:6) - gestures at Jadviga. Jadviga screams in pain. [4 simples]
- 6 - Valdemar - (obten) - holds down Milov, more arms appear

- 6 - Amisa - holds action
- 6 - Taduz - (troll) - heat wave at "josef" [3 gag, lose 5 blood]
- 5 - Seska - (medusa) - shoots Raphael the arrow flies fast and true, piercing the Spaniard through the back and into his heart
- 4 - Gedeminas - watches Claudio & Japheth
- 2 - Olaf - (celerity:4) - attacks Jadviga (redirect from Raph) [1 agg]
- 2 - Sabine - (puppy) - DFA puppy bites Jadviga (redirect from Raph) [1 agg]
- 5 - Seska - (medusa) - shouts "By Kupala! Adana, not Jadviga!"
- 1 - Alina - talks

x - 11 - Josef - (obfu: Mieczyslav) (celerity:4) - Grips Mieczyslav on the head with both hands (one over each ear). Suddenly, the Tzimisce's head, torso, and arms simply melt into a pool of black blood. The Tzimisce's legs suddenly look like Josef's legs, and Josef now looks like Mieczyslav. A somewhat burned Mieczyslav, since Taduz withered him.
- 9 - Jadviga - (celerity:5) - Shouts at Olaf, "Help me!" [Presence 3, 2 successes]
x - 6 - Adana - (celerity:6) - Snarls at Olaf. [Presence 2, 2 successes]
- 2 - Olaf - (celerity:4) - is cowed.

x - 11 - Mieczyslav - (giant bat) (celerity:4) - touches Josef's legs, and the rest of his body melts into blood. Mieczyslav kneels in the puddle.
- 9 - Jadviga - (celerity:5) - claws at Adana
x - 6 - Adana - (celerity:6) - dodges Jadviga

- 9 - Fanchon - collapses to the ground

- 9 - Jadviga - (celerity:5) - stands very still, looking towards Fanchon
x - 6 - Adana - (celerity:6) - gestures towards Milov. The shadows holding him suddenly spasm and contract.
x - 8 - Milov - (wolfman) (celerity:5) - finally escapes from the shadows holding him.

x - 6 - Adana - (celerity:6) -

- 11 - Mieczyslav - Reaches his arms down to the puddle of blood. They have mouthes in the palms, and he begins to drink.
- 9 - Jadviga - claws at the air to her left
x - 8 - Milov - (wolfman) (celerity:5) - speeds over to Dimitra, claws slashing [6 aggs]
x - 7 - Fanchon - from her position collapsed on the ground, she launches straight upwards into the sky
x - 6 - Adana - gestures once again at the shadows. Again, they spasm and contract.
- 6 - Valdemar - (shadow) - a portion of the shadow breaks off, and flies directly at Adana, surrounding her.

- 6 - Amisa - "Foul traitorous bitch!" She glares at Olaf. The effects of Entrancement and Dread Gaze are gone from him.
- 6 - Taduz (troll)
- 5 - Seska (medusa)
- 4 - Gedeminas
- 2 - Olaf
- 2 - Sabine (puppy)
- 1 - Alina
Olaf_Magnusson
Ramen

Post by Olaf_Magnusson »

I launch into another rapid pounding assault upon Adana, calling for Odin All-Seeing and his Choosers Of The Slain to witness!
Alína Nyárí
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Alína Nyárí »

Continuing to watch the various fights around the grotto, the Jewess watches in amazement as more minor wounds apparently heal themselves and the combatants continue fighting. But eventually she begins to notice that other wounds do not heal immediately. Of those she had begun this unlife with, the Norseman in particular had four gaping wounds he was ignoring as he continued to fight. Her mind started to race as she wondered how many of these non-healing wounds one could take before they stopped being able to make themselves mobile again...
ךאשונ תישתדל לעזור
ואז אל תזק
v'az, al tazek.

And then, do no harm.

Seska Karantanija
Giantfriend

Post by Seska Karantanija »

Seska turns to Amisa long enough to ask, "What?" in Slavic.

She glares at Milov. Her golden eyes sparkle and all the snakes upon her head turn upon him and hiss.

[Willpower to 'attack' Milov if necessary. Medusa's Gaze on him only. If pacifying him does not require spending a Willpower, then spend it for an auto-success.]

[Who is dead or incapacitated that I can tell? Hardestadt (ice cube), Raefael (staked), Joseph (melted), Dimitria (dusted)? Fanchon (down but floating)?]
Taduz Illyannovich
Giantfriend

Not a good showing old man. But then again the Dane and Girl apparently did not either...

My eyes slide from black to orange.

Consume and BURN.

[1 Will to be able to cause hurt to Fanchon, the flying Tremere, 1 blood to Sta, 3 blood to Str, Combust Fanchon]

[Hardestadt is dead, yes, yes, about to be dusted by Milov the dogboy, and flew upward some. That's what it looks like at least.

[EDIT: Changed action having learned the airspeed velocity of an unladen Tremere. A European Tremere.]
Last edited by Taduz Illyannovich on Wed May 04, 2011 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Taduz Illyannovich
Tzimisce
  • Cards and Crystals
    • Flesh and Soul
      • Coins and Stars
        • Parts of a Whole
          • What do you See?
            • What do you Charge?
Seska Karantanija
Giantfriend

[Oh, I misread. Dimitria did 7 simples to Fanchon, then had 6 agg done to her. So hurting, but not dead, yet.]

[Edit: No, I didn't misread. Well, the first time. Dimitria got hit by Fanchon's nimbus, then took 6 aggs.]
Sabine
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Sabine »

[Milov is on Hardestadt's side.
Hardestadt is a corpsesicle.
Raphael is a cabob.
Josef is a smoothie.
Fanchon was hurt, then flew away.
Dimitra was hurt, then fell down.
Is someone in the block of ice?
]

Fanchon flew away! I turn into a birdy and chase after her. I bet she's squishy. Not all stone like Jadviga was.
Alína Nyárí
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Alína Nyárí »

Seeing Sabine fly off after Fanchon, I mentally call out to Dara. Follow, Dara! If you find an opportunity to prevent harm from coming to the child, do so.
ךאשונ תישתדל לעזור
ואז אל תזק
v'az, al tazek.

And then, do no harm.

Gedeminas
Ramen

Post by Gedeminas »

"Sabine! Try not to kill that one! She might still be useful!"

Gedeminas then glances over at where Miceszlav is drinkning Joseph. And uses Theft of Vitae on Joseph.

[ooc]please read PM's.[/ooc]
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

x - 12 - Hardestadt - (frozen corpse) - does nothing
- 11 - Mieczyslav - (giant bat) - (celerity 4) sucks up Josef
- 9 - Dimitra - (stunned) - does nothing
- 9 - Jadviga - (celerity 5) claws at the air near her
- 8 - Al-Nasir - (frozen in ice) - (celerity 7) the block of ice continues to melt, then shatters
x - 8 - Milov - (wolfman) - (celerity 6) attacks Dimitra [6 agg]
x - 7 - Fanchon - flying away
x - 6 - Raphael - (staked) - does nothing
x - 6 - Josef - (pool of blood) - does nothing
x - 6 - Adana - (celerity 6) gestures at the shadows. They spasm.
- 6 - Valdemar - A blob of shadow flies at Adana, engulfing her.
- 6 - Amisa - Glares at Olaf.
- 6 - Theophania - She appears by the altar, then falls backwards to the ground.

- 6 - Taduz - burns Fanchon [5 agg]
- 5 - Seska - Medusa's Gaze at Milov. [1 success = 1hr]
- 4 - Gedeminas - Theft of Vitae on Josef's pool [6 blood]
- 2 - Olaf - (celerity 4) Attacks Adana [1 agg]
- 2 - Sabine - Changes to a hawk, then flies after Fanchon.
- 1 - Alina - asks Dara to help Sabine.

- 11 - Mieczyslav - (giant bat) - (celerity 4) moves over and attacks Jadviga with his sword [11 agg, she rolled very poorly on her soak]
- 8 - Al-Nasir - (frozen in ice) - (celerity 7) Removes the rest of the ice from his person.
x - 6 - Adana - (celerity 6) Seeing all of her allies fallen, she runs
- 2 - Olaf - (celerity 4) Attacks Adana but misses

- 11 - Mieczyslav - (giant bat) - (celerity 4) launches himself airborne to land by Milov's frozen form.
- 8 - Al-Nasir - (celerity 7) Chases Adana
x - 6 - Adana - (celerity 6)Runs very fast.
- 2 - Olaf - (celerity 4) Chases Adana

x - 6 - Adana - (celerity 6) Runs

- 8 - Al-Nasir - (celerity 7) Swings his sword at Adana, striking her a good blow. [0 damage, nice soak]

- 11 - Mieczyslav - (giant bat) - (celerity 4)
- 9 - Dimitra - rises from her collapse
- 8 - Al-Nasir - (celerity 7) Swings his sword at Adana, but misses.
x - 6 - Milov - (wolfman) - vanishes
x - 7 - Fanchon - flying away [Taduz, see PM for details]
x - 6 - Raphael - (staked) - vanishes
x - 6 - Adana - (celerity 6) Dread Gaze at Al-Nasir
- 6 - Valdemar - does nothing
- 6 - Amisa - Says to Seska, in answer to her question, "Did you not see? Jadviga has betrayed us. She summoned Violetta away from Fanchon before she could finish her."

- 6 - Taduz (troll) -
- 5 - Seska (medusa) -
- 4 - Gedeminas -
- 2 - Olaf -
- 2 - Sabine (hawk) -
- 1 - Alina -
Last edited by Goatkiller666 on Sun May 08, 2011 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sabine
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Sabine »

I can't kill this one neither?

Hawk-me screeches in frustration.

I turn around and fly back to the fight. But there's nobody left to fight. I go back to Lady Seska, since I'm her puppy... erm... hawk.
Seska Karantanija
Giantfriend

An arrow knocked but no active targets, she replies to Amisa, "No. I did not see that happen. Why would she protect Fanchon?"

An annoyed look crosses her face when Raphael vanishes. She asks Amisa without taking her eyes off the spot where he should be, her tone sounds cold and unhappy, "Where did he go? We have unfinished business." She slithers over to the spot he was last at, the point she marked from years of tracking quarry, and tries to feel around for him.
Gedeminas
Ramen

Post by Gedeminas »

Gedeminas 'glances' over at Hardestat, trying to determine his abilities and if he can still be diablerized.

[ooc]Split Dice pool, 2 dice into Theft of Vitae on Hardestat, rest into A Taste For Blood.[/ooc]
Taduz Illyannovich
Giantfriend

I close my eyes, mottled skin stretching exposing row upon row of sharp teeth in my grin.

"Little mageling thinks to run. Thinks to hide within a shield of air."

[Combust Fanchon]

BURN AND CONSUME
Taduz Illyannovich
Tzimisce
  • Cards and Crystals
    • Flesh and Soul
      • Coins and Stars
        • Parts of a Whole
          • What do you See?
            • What do you Charge?
Goatkiller666
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Goatkiller666 »

- 11 - Mieczyslav - (giant bat) - looks around for an enemy
- 9 - Dimitra - rises from her collapse
- 8 - Al-Nasir - (celerity 7) Swings his sword at Adana, but misses.
x - 6 - Milov - (wolfman) - vanishes
x - 7 - Fanchon - flying away [Taduz, see PM for details]
x - 6 - Raphael - (staked) - vanishes
x - 6 - Adana - (celerity 6) Dread Gaze at Al-Nasir
- 6 - Valdemar - does nothing
- 6 - Amisa - Says to Seska, in answer to her question, "Did you not see? Jadviga has betrayed us. She summoned Violetta away from Fanchon before she could finish her."

- 6 - Taduz (troll) - fwoosh on Fanchon, pitiful roll and is easily stopped by her defense.
- 5 - Seska (medusa) - talks, feels around for Raphael, but finds nothing
- 4 - Gedeminas - theft of vitae / taste for blood on Hardestadt
- 2 - Olaf - (celerity 4) - Chases after Adana.
- 2 - Sabine (hawk) - flies back to Seska
- 1 - Alina -

- 8 - Al-Nasir - (celerity 7) Backs away from Adana, but doesn't flee.
x - 6 - Adana - (celerity 6) Turns and sprints away.
- 2 - Olaf - (celerity 4) Chases after Adana but cannot approach her speed.

- 8 - Al-Nasir - (celerity 7) Doesn't chase.
x - 6 - Adana - (celerity 6) Runs farther away.
- 2 - Olaf - (celerity 4) Chases after Adana but cannot approach her speed.

Repeat. Adana escapes beyond even Taduz' perception. [Switching to non-combat mode, for brevity.]

Of the Founders, only Hardestadt's remains are still visible. Gedeminas received no vitae from the body, as if it were just a lump of dirt, encrusted with ice.

Taduz can still sense Fanchon, moving away on foot over the hill. The pitiful fwoosh was easily thwarted by her conjured defense.

Of the Sires, Theophania's stiffened body lies behind the alter, and Jadviga is dust on the evening's breeze. The rest, some the worse for wear, remain standing.

Amisa replies to Seska, "Camilla. She is… stronger than I thought. It will take Claudio to find her, if she hasn't escaped already. Poor Theophania. I wonder what's left of her now."

Claudio and Japheth continue their vulgar display while the rest of the Cappadocians watch on. Gedeminas is unable to simultaneously use two Thaumaturgical effects plus Auspex at the same time, (each of which requires the expenditure of a Willpower point, in spite of a hard limit of one Willpower per round) and so isn't able to intercede before Japheth's body suddenly relaxes and then crumbles to dust. Claudio crows in triumph, at first too ecstatic even to put words to his joy. Finally, he resorts to quoting scripture, "Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day!"

The elder by the third stone chair simply smiles, and turns towards the west. A few moment later, a huge blast of wind arrives from that direction, almost as if a desert cyclone were moving faster than any horse can run. Branches are ripped from trees, and even trees from the ground. Most shield their eyes, and many are forced to drop to the ground or lose their feet anyway. Mortals requiring breath are deprived of it for several moments, and panic nearly sets in before the wind dies down slightly. Standing where Hardestadt's corpse had been is the naked form of the Cappadocian himself. As before, he visibly glows with his power, though the color is perhaps a bit more in the red of rage. He sniffs loudly, and says "Japheth. What have you done, Claudius?" His deep voice, possessing none of the serenity of his previous conversation, booms louder than the howls of the winds that continue to circle around the garden.

On hearing himself named, that one turns to his grandsire, with a look of guilt on his face. Perhaps even real fear. He glances towards the elder by the chair, pleading in his eyes.

Finally, the elder speaks. "He did as I bade him, Sire." His voice lacks the awesome might of his sire's, and yet he is able to be heard clearly above the winds. He has taken the place of your own son. As I shall take your place! I will have your blood, Father."

The Cappadocian replies, "My blood is not mine to give, childe. It belongs to God."

"Then I hope He forgives me for spilling it."

"His forgiveness is for all. Even the likes of you."

"Sanctimonious sot! I will destroy you!" The elder charges forward, and yet moves but slowly, as if the winds slow him.

"Think of what you do, my son." the Cappadocian says. "Grandsire Caine himself spoke to me and told me: become an eternal sacrifice, that all may have life eternal. I am to create Heaven on Earth, delivering us all from God's curse, and delivering mortals from the grave."

"Heaven on Earth? Never!" With great exertion, Augustus reaches his sire.

"You cannot stop me. I have given myself freely, and my soul will continue even if this form is extinguished."

"Then I will have your soul as well as your power!" Augustus bares his own fangs and sinks them into the chest of his sire, slowly beginning to glow himself. The winds begin to pick up again, sounding like the tortured cries of lost souls more than mere air moving quickly. They are so strong that nobody can even fully rise, much less move towards the two. And in a scene much like what was just seen with Claudio and Japheth, Augustus begins to drink.

The Cappadocian reaches up and cradles his childe's head in his arms, almost lovingly, as Augustus says through mouthful of flesh, "His blood burns!" But he doesn't stop.

After some time, made more maddening by the howling winds, the Cappadocian's body crumples to dust as well, swirling into the maelstrom around them. Augustus nearly falls forward, and stumbles as if drunk. The glowing has reached a point where beams of light can be seen coming from his eyes and mouth, as if there were a bright light within his head. He says to Claudio, "His soul flies! Get the dove. Catch it!" Claudio too was thrown around by the winds, and he looks around frantically for the forgotten dove that Sabine had handed to Japheth.

The animal is strangely unaffected by the screaming winds, and remains atop the alter where it had flown after Japheth's struggle. Claudio fights through the winds, but makes little progress. Instead, the monk from the back of the crowd, actually the old nun's servant girl Marianna, makes her way with the winds towards the bird.
Spoiler
From a few feet away, she bites her own hand and lets the blood be carried by the wind onto the bird. As soon as the night-black blood touches the pale white bird,
GM EDIT: Before Marianna can get to the bird, Gedeminas' power sucks all the blood from its body, and pulls it through the wind of souls to him. As the small dollop of avian vitae enters his body, Gedeminas seems to curl in upon himself. Augustus and Claudio both cry out "NO!" And suddenly lightning crashes far overhead as rain pours down in a torrent. As the water falls, the screaming souls of the winds depart.

GM EDIT: Gedeminas looks at Augustus, raises one hand and waggles a finger at him, before he suddenly spasms and falls to the ground, almost as if shoved by an invisible foe.
Last edited by Goatkiller666 on Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Taduz Illyannovich
Giantfriend

As the winds whip up

Growling "Khul, her pitiful servaWHAT THE"

Finish her before she escapes.

[Fwoosh Fanchion, hopefully with better dice]

Taken aback, his voice quavering in it's depth "Something in the wind, there is, the Fop's body isn't really, it's, something here but..."

As the vitae flows to Gedeminas, recoiling in horror at what he sensed.

The troll bellows "THERE! It's in HIM!" while pointing and backing away from the blind mageling.
Last edited by Taduz Illyannovich on Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Taduz Illyannovich
Tzimisce
  • Cards and Crystals
    • Flesh and Soul
      • Coins and Stars
        • Parts of a Whole
          • What do you See?
            • What do you Charge?

Return to “Vampire: Dark Ages”