Favorite Star Trek episode

Talk about all your favorite series, shows, programs, news anchorpeople, ect.

Moderators: Cagliostro, sgt.null

Dragonlily
Lord

Post by Dragonlily »

I like Cause and Effect, where the action repeats itself more or less exactly over and over. I like how they got so much out of that repetition.
"The universe is made of stories, not atoms." -- Roger Penrose
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Dragonlily wrote:I would say that STNG made a very shaky start -- with the exception of Encounter at Farpoint...
Yeah, Farpoint was definitely one of my best Next Gen episodes.

For DS9, I'd have to say the three-part Homecoming where they rescue the prisoners of war that the Cardassians are still holding.

Voyager, I think maybe Tuvix with that transporter accident.

--A
Sheol
Giantfriend

Post by Sheol »

I really like the Next Gen. episode where Data wants to learn tap dancing for a wedding. I don't remember the name of it but it was really funny.
My right hand is lightning and my left is thunder.
My eyes are flame.
My heart is ashes.
Look upon me and tremble.
dlbpharmd
Lord

Post by dlbpharmd »

I'm not completely sure, but I think that episode is called "Data's Day." He wants to learn to dance at Keiko's wedding.
Alynna Lis Eachann
Lord

Post by Alynna Lis Eachann »

Let's see...

TOS
City on the Edge of Forever - this has to be one of the best Trek episodes ever, of any series
The Trouble with Tribbles
Let That Be Your Last Battlefield
Assignment: Earth

TNG
The Inner Light
Darmok
Rascals
Relics
Preemptive Strike
Qpid
Gambit
Time's Arrow
Chain of Command
The Best of Both Worlds

The last four are two-parters - I think I must have a weakeness for them. :borg:

Never got into Voyager, or *shudder* Enterprise, but I belatedly fell in love with DS9 in college. Of the episodes I've seen so far, these are my favorties:
Trials and Tribbleations
Little Green Men
Past Tense
- Another two-parter!
"We probably could have saved ourselves, but we were too damned lazy to try very hard... and too damn cheap." - Kurt Vonnegut

"Now if you remember all great paintings have an element of tragedy to them. Uh, for instance if you remember from last week, the unicorn was stuck on the aircraft carrier and couldn't get off. That was very sad. " - Kids in the Hall
sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

Manny Coto has taken over Enterprise this year, and cleaned up all that Temporal Cold War crap, and is trying to stay true to Canan continuity. He is using 2 and 3 epsiode arcs loosely strung together. So far, this season has been much improved over what came before, so you may want to give Enterprise another chance.

So far, there was a 2 part arc, to clean up the Temporal Cold War garbage, and set the reset switch to start the season off. Then a "bridge or starting over" episode called "Home", that showed the aftermath of returning to Earth, and T-Pol going to Vulacan. Followed by a 3 parter centered around a Noonian Soong ancestor, who was involved in resurrecting Augments from the TOS series Khan episode, and tonight is a new 3 parter that takes us back to Vulcan, and will expand on T'pol's storyline in "Home"

I personally very much dislike Scott Bakula, and even Archer's character isn't grating on my nerves this season.
Believer
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Believer »

Interesting. New writer on Enterprise huh?

My favorite series was DS9... Though my favorite individual ep is still City on the Edge. Amazing. First season too!

My favorite episodes from DS9 that I can recall...

Duet
Past Tense
Hard Time
The Die Is Cast / Improbable Cause
Necessary Evil

Heck, there's a lot more but I can't recall them off the top of my head.

Never got into Voyager.

Will give Enterprise a shot now that it's different. Is it on Fridays now?
sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

New showrunner, actually. B&B are no longer running it [into the ground]. And of course, this means some new writers as well.

Yes, it's on Fridays now, and repeated on the weekend in my area. This season of Enterprise really does stand head and shoulders above the first 3, IMHO. Too bad Manny Coto didn't have it all the way through, because what's he's done so far with this season, is what I was hoping for when the show was originally announced as a new spin off.
I Never Fail To Be Astounded By The Things We Do For Promises - Ronnie James Dio (All The Fools Sailed Away)

Remember, everytime you drag someone through the mud, you're down in the mud with them

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain

Where are we going...and... WHY are we in a handbasket?

Edge
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Edge »

sindatur wrote:New showrunner, actually. B&B are no longer running it [into the ground].
Best news EVER! I've actually downloaded all the latest season so far, just for the sake of it. If B&B are no longer involved... Heck, I'm actually gonna watch them! :D

I stopped watching half-way through last season 'cos it got so shite... but I still dl'ed every ep just out of (Trekkie) habit. :)
Check out my digital art at www.brian.co.za

Return to “TV Shows”