Stargate (SG-1 and Atlantis)

Talk about all your favorite series, shows, programs, news anchorpeople, ect.

Moderators: Cagliostro, sgt.null

sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

Elfgirl wrote:
Murrin wrote:Atlantis doesn't seem to have the same problem--those ones come out at £60 and drop to £30 after only a few months. I guess because they're not quite as popular.
it does in Oz. The SG-1 boxed sets are going for half the price of the SGA ones.

$100 US? shoot, that'd make em nearly 130 Aussie dollars...NO WAY would I pay that for a boxed set, even if they'd guaranteed Shep goes nekky in the outtakes...

hang on...

:P well, ONLY if he went nekky! :twisted:
I think you'd be disappointed. In the episode where he got bit by the bug, he had his shirt open or off, and is extremely scrawny.
Alynna Lis Eachann
Lord

Post by Alynna Lis Eachann »

sindatur wrote: I think you'd be disappointed. In the episode where he got bit by the bug, he had his shirt open or off, and is extremely scrawny.
:lol:

Ever listen to him in the commentaries? He sounds different when he's not in character - like Marvin the Martian. :biggrin:

I get mostof my DVDs off amazon.com and I don't think I've ever had to pay more than $35-$40 per season of SG1/SGA from them.

Farscape is the worst. $120 per season. :roll:
"We probably could have saved ourselves, but we were too damned lazy to try very hard... and too damn cheap." - Kurt Vonnegut

"Now if you remember all great paintings have an element of tragedy to them. Uh, for instance if you remember from last week, the unicorn was stuck on the aircraft carrier and couldn't get off. That was very sad. " - Kids in the Hall
sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

Alynna Lis Eachann wrote:
sindatur wrote: I think you'd be disappointed. In the episode where he got bit by the bug, he had his shirt open or off, and is extremely scrawny.
:lol:

Ever listen to him in the commentaries? He sounds different when he's not in character - like Marvin the Martian. :biggrin:

I get mostof my DVDs off amazon.com and I don't think I've ever had to pay more than $35-$40 per season of SG1/SGA from them.

Farscape is the worst. $120 per season. :roll:
Acutally, Farscape, if you get the Starburst Editions, it's much cheaper, they go for about $15-$20 a volume (3 volumes per season, so $45-$60 perseason) and have a commentary for every single episode, plus many other speacial features (At least the S1 Starburst edition, not sure about the later seasons, but, I imagine so). Even when I was buying the older versions (5 volumes perseason) a couple years back, I was still only paying $60-$70 per season for Farscape seasons.
Alynna Lis Eachann
Lord

Yeah, I heard that the Starburst editions are cheaper on the whole. I'll have to look into that. Maybe amazon will have a sale around Christmas and I can get them at a good price.
"We probably could have saved ourselves, but we were too damned lazy to try very hard... and too damn cheap." - Kurt Vonnegut

"Now if you remember all great paintings have an element of tragedy to them. Uh, for instance if you remember from last week, the unicorn was stuck on the aircraft carrier and couldn't get off. That was very sad. " - Kids in the Hall
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Damn--I just looked up the starburst editions, and they are cheap. Now I'm even more upset because they're only available in region 1...
sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

Not sure if anyone has used the Amazon Marketplace, but, often you can get cheaper brand new stuff from teh "New and Used" link than you can from Amazon themselves for older stuff.

There's not as much of a guarantee of no problems, but, if you check the feedback ratings, you can head off most issues. I've had pretty decent luck most of the time through the "New and Used" link, personally.
I Never Fail To Be Astounded By The Things We Do For Promises - Ronnie James Dio (All The Fools Sailed Away)

Remember, everytime you drag someone through the mud, you're down in the mud with them

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain

Where are we going...and... WHY are we in a handbasket?

Elfgirl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Elfgirl »

sindatur wrote:
I think you'd be disappointed. In the episode where he got bit by the bug, he had his shirt open or off, and is extremely scrawny.
Er, actually - I found pics of Joe Flanigan shirtless when he was guest starring in that "Dawson's Creek" series - I wasn't disappointed! AT ALL... :twisted:
ImageImageImage
"Right away would be good. Right now would be better"
-- Nick Succorso

OK, so what's the speed of dark?- Larry the Cable Guy
Alynna Lis Eachann
Lord

New Stargate: Atlantis Season 4 trailer! tv.yahoo.com/stargate-atlantis/show/35558/videos/3559666

Beware of spoilers. It's actually pretty cool, with some SG1 and season 3 recap and clips from the new season.

*sigh* Of course, it's not like I'll get to watch it properly until it comes out on DVD, but reading the transcripts is kinda fun.
Last edited by Alynna Lis Eachann on Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

When's it start?

I'm looking forward to the changes that were set up in the Season finale.
Spoiler
Of course I wish we hadn't lost Carson, but, if we had to lose him, Jewel Staite is a great replacement, I believe. I never have been particularly fond of Dr. Weir, so I think it's cool Sam is gonna take over, and the power clashes she may have with the rest of the crew. I also like the idea of a Mobile Atlantis.

Oh, and somehow, they are bringing Carson back for a 2 parter
Alynna Lis Eachann
Lord

Season looks pretty exciting form where I'm sitting. We'll finally get a backstory for Sheppard toward the second half of the year. Yey! Season premier is September 28, I believe. www.gateworld.net/news/2007/08/sci_fi_u ... _pla.shtml (beware spoilers)
Spoiler
Looks like Dr. Weir is coming back along with Carson. I get the feeling she's gonna ascend.

sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

Alynna Lis Eachann wrote:Season looks pretty exciting form where I'm sitting. We'll finally get a backstory for Sheppard toward the second half of the year. Yey! Season premier is September 28, I believe. www.gateworld.net/news/2007/08/sci_fi_u ... _pla.shtml (beware spoilers)
Spoiler
Looks like Dr. Weir is coming back along with Carson. I get the feeling she's gonna ascend.
Spoiler
Why do you believe Weir might ascend? At the end of last season, she basically said she was done with the job, if they lived through the current crisis, so she doesn't have to die, ascend or whatever to be replaced. I seem to remember the final scene of Season 3 showed she did indeed survive, am I remembering something wrong? Or do you have more info not in the Gateworld article that leads you to believe she's bound for ascension?
Alynna Lis Eachann
Lord

sindatur wrote:
Spoiler
Why do you believe Weir might ascend? At the end of last season, she basically said she was done with the job, if they lived through the current crisis, so she doesn't have to die, ascend or whatever to be replaced. I seem to remember the final scene of Season 3 showed she did indeed survive, am I remembering something wrong? Or do you have more info not in the Gateworld article that leads you to believe she's bound for ascension?
Spoiler
There was implication in other spoilers on Gateworld that Dr. Weir will have a big decision to make, and the titles of the mid-season eps that she will appear in suggest that ascension plays a part... I don't know, but that's the only thing I can think of. I may be way off the mark. I think Carson will come back through the ascension plot device, but maybe he'll be a replicator or something, instead, and in that case my theory would go right out the window.

I dunno, but I'm all about speculation when it comes to this show. It's what makes for good fanfic. :P

sindatur
The Gap Into Spam

Post by sindatur »

Ah, I had missed that point, thanks Alynna. I can see both those scenarios, but they happen at different times don't they? So, I'm not sure they will be connected.
I Never Fail To Be Astounded By The Things We Do For Promises - Ronnie James Dio (All The Fools Sailed Away)

Remember, everytime you drag someone through the mud, you're down in the mud with them

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain

Where are we going...and... WHY are we in a handbasket?

Elfgirl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Elfgirl »

You guys...heck, we are so behind the eightball in Oz. We have yet to SEE season 3 of Atlantis - I reckon I'll buy it on DVD before the mofos here show it on free-to-air! :roll:

on a really COOL note, I'm heading to Melbourne for "Armageddon" (My first geek-fest) and the word it JOE FLANIGAN is one of the guests (reason I'm going actually!!)

*fangirl squee*
ImageImageImage
-- Nick Succorso

Alynna Lis Eachann
Lord

Hey, if you happen to be standing in the autograph line and get more than, like, 5 seconds to talk to him, tell him there's at least one Atlantis fangirl out there who's not creepily stalking him. ;) (And if you get an extra few seconds, tell him to tell David Hewlett to be very afraid. :lol: ;) )

Elfgirl
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Elfgirl »

Alynna Lis Eachann wrote:Hey, if you happen to be standing in the autograph line and get more than, like, 5 seconds to talk to him, tell him there's at least one Atlantis fangirl out there who's not creepily stalking him. ;) (And if you get an extra few seconds, tell him to tell David Hewlett to be very afraid. :lol: ;) )
heck with the lines - I've sorted a VIP pass! And I don't stalk JF creepily. I'm upfront and honest about it! :twisted:

you should join the dGeek forum, Alynna...Hewlett actually runs it (I'm a member there - Lt.Col.Errandboy - it'd be your cup of tea!)

www.adogsbreakfastmovie.com/component/o ... Itemid,33/

hehe... ;) from one gate geek to another!
ImageImageImage
-- Nick Succorso

Alynna Lis Eachann
Lord

VIP pass? Nice! Hope you have a good time!

Me, join another forum? LOL! I can't even keep track of this one! Yeah, I've lurked on the dGeek forum once or twice, and that's about it.

Can't wait to see A Dog's Breakfast. Hewlett in the buff! With bad hair! :lol: :lol:

I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

I've been watching season 3 of Atlantis, and it's really beginning to look like they've lost any trace of originality the show might have had. They bring in human-form Replicators, but because they have no possible excuse for them being the ones that were in SG-1 they give them a different origin. They then set up the replicators to serve exactly the same role that the Genii served in season 1. On top of that, you then have episodes like "Real World", which is pretty much identical to at least one episode of SG-1 and pretty much every other sci-fi show that's been made. Don't these people have any ideas of their own left?
Alynna Lis Eachann
Lord

Not likely, although Season Four looks a little more promising. They have a couple of things lined up that look original, and they've got some character development going on that might be interesting.

The only reason I watch it is 'cause I somehow became a fan of Rodney McKay. If David Hewlett ever leaves the show, I'll probably stop watching... unless they focus more on Teyla. Teyla's awesome, and they really don't use her to full effect.

I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Well, it's begun. "Adrift" was on yesterday; it's one of the better Atlantis episodes, but nothing special. It was also another cliffhanger: looks like they're stringing the whole transition from s3 to s4 into a three-part episode--rather than the usual method of closing the previous storyline in the first episode and then introducing changes in episode 2. Hard to tell from this one episode if there's going to be much difference in the show now that it's being switched up a bit and SG-1 is no longer running. The fact that it's looking like this three-parter will end with the city landing on another planet indistinguishable from the last one is not promising, however.

Return to “TV Shows”