Your Favourite Cancelled Show?

Talk about all your favorite series, shows, programs, news anchorpeople, ect.

Moderators: Cagliostro, sgt.null

sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

anyone remember Broken Badges with Miguel Ferrer? back in 1990.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Revenant
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Revenant »

Babylon 5 indeed completed -- or filled in, depending on your view about the fifth season -- its five year plan.

Then there's Crusade... hmm, m'not missin' it.
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

The B5 story arc got hosed with the cancellation in the 4th season. The 5th season we got was an awful lot of filler, and nowhere near up to par with the rest of the series.

Crusade could have been an excellent show were it not for a meddling network.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
Sorus
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Sorus »

Firefly has to be at the top of my list.

Twin Peaks too - what a bad place to end a show!
The owls are not what they seem.

Blacke's Magic. Okay, I'd better stop before I venture further into obscurity. :P

Oh, a change is coming, feel these doors now closing
Is there no world for tomorrow, if we wait for today?

aTOMiC
Lord

Post by aTOMiC »

They cancelled Max Headroom? Sledge Hammer? Herman's Head? Get A Life? No way!
There are shows I miss that they didn't exactly cancel so much as the series regulars decided to call it quits. X-Files, Married With Children, Cheers etc.
"If you can't tell the difference, what difference does it make?"

"There is tic and toc in atomic" - Neil Peart
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Sledge Hammer! was absolute genius. That's another DVD-worthy show that never found it's audience.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - PJ O'Rourke
"Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons; the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas." - Charles Stewart
[Syl]
Unfettered One

Post by [Syl] »

Herman's Head was good, too (I think. I was probably about 13, so if I'm wrong cut me some slack). I hear the fat guy's voice in commercials all the time and Azaria and Smith still have the simpsons... heck, and even Hettie (?) was Ross's wife on friends. But Herman... poor Herman.
"It is not the literal past that rules us, save, possibly, in a biological sense. It is images of the past. Each new historical era mirrors itself in the picture and active mythology of its past or of a past borrowed from other cultures. It tests its sense of identity, of regress or new achievement against that past.”
-George Steiner
Prom_STar
Bloodguard

Post by Prom_STar »

I'm sure this has alreayd been said multiple times, but Firefly. Just saw the first episode for the first time last night--saw the movie about a month ago. Fox must be run by a monkey to cancel that show. TV hasn't been that good in a long time--if ever!
Was auch immer komm, dieses weiß ich für sicher:
Ich bin zurückgekauft.

Wenn Diamanten reichlich war, würden sie keinen Wert haben. Echter Wert kommt nich aus schönheit--er kommt aus seltenheit.
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

Twin Peaks was great the first season. it died out on its own.

Homicide was jerked around by the networks and could never settle in.

the Job was way too dark for commercial tv. it may have lasted on HBO. (like Leary's brilliant Rescue Me)

Sports Night also belonged on HBO.

can I rant against the laugh track? its the number one reason I have never watched too many sitcoms. i missed most of Seinfeld. I can't stand the laugh track.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Cail
Lord

Post by Cail »

Homicide started out great, but by the last season was pretty horrible. Theirs was a mercy killing.
Lorelei
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Lorelei »

I loved Twin Peaks but I have to agree with sarge....it died out on it's own. That whole story line with Windham Earl was so much more about Special Agent Cooper than the town.
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

War of the Worlds started out strong but lost its way. a good premise and some strong actors. I have yet to see it on dvd. :(
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
taraswizard
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by taraswizard »

Wonderfalls. Love a show with a plastic talking lion.
Allan Rosewarne
taraswizard Essence of Amber
Buffy fans Chicago
W/T they are forever
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

sgtnull wrote:War of the Worlds started out strong but lost its way. a good premise and some strong actors. I have yet to see it on dvd. :(
Yeah, I read that season one was great, but that the main script writer was fired and they employed someone who was hopeless. Consequently, season two was awful.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
drew
The Gap Into Spam

Post by drew »

I used to love V. when I was a kid.
But when I watche din in reruns as an adult, I wondered what the heck I was thinking.
Same for McIvor
I thought you were a ripe grape
a cabernet sauvignon
a bottle in the cellar
the kind you keep for a really long time
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

taraswizard wrote:Wonderfalls
Dammit. You'd almost think I must be liking these things on purpose to be disappointed.
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

drew wrote:I used to love V. when I was a kid.
But when I watche din in reruns as an adult, I wondered what the heck I was thinking.
It starts so well, but then quickly goes down hill. And the last episode is so bad it's not funny. What was with the starchild?
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
sgt.null

Post by sgt.null »

what was the show with the guy who was some sort of executive, but lived in a cardboard box at home?

Poland, NH was great. networks suck. my only hope is that it comes out on dvd with all of the filmed episodes.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

drew wrote:I used to love V. when I was a kid.
V was awesome. I used to love it. But as LoreMaster said, for something that started out with such potential, it did go downhill. *sigh*

--A
Alynna Lis Eachann
Lord

Post by Alynna Lis Eachann »

Farscape, Invisible Man (aka I-Man), Time Trax, The Sentinel, Forever Knight, The Crow: Stairway to Heaven. There was also a cop comedy way back in 1993 called Bakersfield PD. It only lasted a season, I think, which is a shame, because it was hilarious.

I would say Earth: Final Conflict, but by the end I was praying for them to put it out of its misery. Everything after Season Three was just a disappointment.

I remember Herman's Head and Sledge Hammer! Man, I didn't think anybody'd ever heard of Sledge Hammer.
"We probably could have saved ourselves, but we were too damned lazy to try very hard... and too damn cheap." - Kurt Vonnegut

"Now if you remember all great paintings have an element of tragedy to them. Uh, for instance if you remember from last week, the unicorn was stuck on the aircraft carrier and couldn't get off. That was very sad. " - Kids in the Hall

Return to “TV Shows”