Moderator: Xar

I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

:haha:
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Wow!!! The two of you both not submitting.... Amazing.
All lies and jest
Still a man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Madadeva
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Madadeva »

damn! we should have ALL attacked Bel! ;)
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

Paolo nearly died laughing when I informed him via MSN this morning that Bel did not submit either...

I'm very glad to hear Brid got her turn in, what with her player being stranded in Amsterdam for a week unexpectedly due to volcanic ash!

Interesting that it is one deity from each alignment:
'setter, 'riser and neutral.
O-gon-cho
The Gap Into Spam
Location: And closing of the eyes - true vision, The Light within became...Within the Light

Post by O-gon-cho »

Xar wrote:
Murrin wrote:Doesn't console me much, because uKulwa's still there, heh. Ah well.
Perhaps he'll be a sporting gentleman...
It is my hope his complete attention has been jerked back home.
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Xar wrote:
Murrin wrote:Doesn't console me much, because uKulwa's still there, heh. Ah well.
Perhaps he'll be a sporting gentleman...
This is sorta funny. :lol:

For the record, Rathaas was a random event. (I promise.) But I figured Bel was never gonna believe it, and was sure to take retaliatory action. So I may have made a little anticipatory sortie...
O wrote:It is my hope his complete attention has been jerked back home.
Don't you just wish... :twisted: ;)

--A
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Actually, I could tell it was a random event, it was worded that way. I was more concerned about you having an army rallied around on of Rothmog's cities after having retreated from the power I put out last turn.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

cho wrote:It is my hope his complete attention has been jerked back home.
Don't you just wish... :twisted: ;)
heh, so states the very opening of my latest submission, in its own way...
Murrin wrote:Actually, I could tell it was a random event, it was worded that way. I was more concerned about you having an army rallied around on of Rothmog's cities after having retreated from the power I put out last turn.
"Practice" at defending Zendra way back when sounds like it has come in handy. ;)
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

To be continued.
Menolly
A Lowly Harper

Post by Menolly »

Simjen wrote:It is there that you watch in amazement as events escalate in a way you could not have predicted. Damnameneus's and Ferax's meeting is momentous: it is there that Damnameneus claims (mistakenly having taken your subtle guidance for theAllFather's, though he does not know it) that he heard the AllFather 's intentions for Eiran, and that he knows what he must do. "I will gather the Prophets and any other who remain in whom power was invested", he says, "and give them purpose anew. But", he adds, "I cannot do so as Damnameneus, the Dactyl. Too many Prophets, such as the King and Rothgarh, would question my allegiance and doubt that it was theAllFather 's voice, and not simply Simjen's, which I heard. Thus I shall veil my identity from all of them, and they will know me only from afar... if I succeed in swaying them, they shall be the defenders of Eiran's mortals, great Lords whose power will be mighty by the time the Interdiction ends. Who can say what they will be able to accomplish then, once such a thing happens?"
The Shadow - alone among the Lords he is not a Prophet, and yet his power is great - is dispatched to deal with those mortals who would willfully destroy the world or harm it grievously; other Lords are sent to deal with different dangers. He knows that even the Lords of Eiran cannot completely prevent the damage caused by a god, let alone many, but they shall do as much as they can, as surreptitiously as possible when necessary. You watch as Ferax is awakened by Dante, and joins the Lords of Eiran at last, while Damnameneus contacts Anaya through the Beautiful One (once known as Iris, the Prophet of Norn) in order to enlist her help in preventing Eiran's destruction, after having witnessed Anaya's neutrality and desire to prevent divine manipulation of Fate.
Nice to have a few more from my guess way back confirmed.
Though it would be nice to know the rest, if anyone can guess or knows about Goldenwing. My guess was not a prophet, I don't think and Simjen was blatantly told only The Shadow is a non-prophet of the L-rds.
Menolly wrote:Speculation on my part is that potential prophets/important followers that are now L-rds are:

The Champion Immortal, the White Knight, the Lord of Humans, the Valiant One: Jameak, Adomorn's Prophet
The Shadow of Unbeing, Lord of the Dead, the Dark One: Rothgarh, Argothoth's Prophet
The Lily in Winter, the Kind One: Allyria, Second Age Bhakti's Prophet
The Scrivener, Lord of the Dwarrows and the Wise One: Nalam or Attem, one of Hedra Iren's Prophets, but I do not know enough to decide which
Goldenwing, Lord of the Spirits and the Glorious One: I had a guess, but apparently that was totally wrong; however I had heard it was potentially an arch-angel of Jove's. I knew nothing about them, and unfortunately, the name I was told now escapes me. Sorry, caam...
The Grim Lord, Lord of the Living and the Just One: Lord-General Admar Tellem Mekros, Maeror's Prophet
The Lord of Horrors, also called Lord of Yekiths and the Unfathomable One: The King, Second Age Nor Yekith's Prophet
Sparklingeyes, also dubbed Lady of the Fae and the Beautiful One: Iris, Norn's Prophet
The Unseen One and Lord of the Houka: The Shadow, Vadhaka Chorah's Important Follower (not a prophet, that I know of) (confirmed by Xar)
The Mighty One and The Lord of Fire: Ferax Snorlson, Simjen's Prophet
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

You have to wonder what the heck both Courts were thinking when they chose their heads. Deva? Trusted with authority? That's a joke.
Madadeva
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Madadeva »

Murrin wrote:You have to wonder what the heck both Courts were thinking when they chose their heads. Deva? Trusted with authority? That's a joke.
:haha: I think it brilliant the Bel's self-imposed silence forces his player to speak for him here! ;)

But if Bel things he can do better, he should join Sunset ... and petition to be elected Leader ... after all ... he says his is the only true path! :P
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Bel's got better things to worry about than taking part in all this kerfuffle. That wasn't an "I can't post in game so I'll post here" comment, it was just me commenting. :P

Unrelated, reading Zephyr's latest post I almost responded before I realised it was in character and not an out of character talk about the Courts. Lot of stuff recently doesn't feel so in-game.
Madadeva
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Madadeva »

:lol:
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

I got some inspiration last night, so I'm working toward something interesting and trying to turn me missing the deadline into a story point, as well as following up on some promises I made in here a couple turns back about Bel's activity and silence. My path does not quite align with all this other stuff.
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Does it align with a destroyed world? :lol: That's ok, I knew Bel wouldn't be taking part in something like this. When Z said 'Not "all" will abide', and mentioned Mox, I had you in mind, too.
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
Arcadia
Bloodguard

Post by Arcadia »

Murrin, I wish you would post more - your posts are awesome!!
Many waters cannot quench love, neither can floods drown it. There is no fear in love; for perfect love cast out fear.
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Murrin wrote:Unrelated, reading Zephyr's latest post I almost responded before I realised it was in character and not an out of character talk about the Courts. Lot of stuff recently doesn't feel so in-game.
It is a bit odd. When such moments come along, I try to view the game as a multi-reality thing. We're deities on Eiran; and we're deities on the internet, which means we have to consider things like each others' time zones; and we're deities of a game system that involves things like DRPs and court forums. Odin or Zeus would have had different ways of expressing some of what Z said. But our "units of power" exist in-game, and we judge each others' relative strength by them.

Still, I know, it's odd...
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Well, my response was going to be to correct you and say the Courts have had conflict, just not recently. Sunrise tried to destroy Devaguhya, after all, early in the game, and almost succeeded.
Fist and Faith
Magister Vitae

Post by Fist and Faith »

Ah! Yes, I forgot about that. Thanks. And VENT (We in the Eclipse Court called the Eclipse Alliance VENT, just to make it easier.) hit him the very same turn. Classic. :lol:

Also goes to show just how difficult it is to kill a deity.
All lies and jest
And disregards the rest
-Paul Simon

Return to “Pantheon”