Political Humor!

Archive From The 'Tank
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

You can just go to imageshack.com or photobucket.com, create an account and upload them, then post the link to each image here.

To do this, you need to have each image saved on your drive.

--A
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Poor Dubya. :lol:
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!

Post by Avatar »

Public figures are always targets. And you must admit he makes an easy one. :lol:

--A
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Yes he does, but some of the criticism is downright nasty - like attacking his intelligence (funny, given that he scored better than his opponent in the election). I'm not a fan of Bush (due to his attitude to the environment). But, making fun of politicians is a long-standing tradition dating back to the 19th century.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Prebe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Prebe »

Yeah. Politicians and prophets :D
"I would have gone to the thesaurus for a more erudite word."
-Hashi Lebwohl
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

I love that image of Ghandi in your avatar - he looks so mischievous.
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

can tell you that Bush is an idiot, with a good team behind him. remember he was gov in Texas before hand.
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

sgtnull wrote:can tell you that Bush is an idiot, with a good team behind him.
]

What right have you got to say that anyone is an idiot? Got access to his IQ scores? Null, I like you alot, but calling anyone an idiot is downright offensive.
Prebe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Prebe »

Yeah he's a sneaky bastard up to no good. Heh!
-Hashi Lebwohl
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Prebe wrote:
Yeah he's a sneaky bastard up to no good. Heh!
:haha:

Post by Avatar »

Yeah, I dunno, thought you were opposed to PC speak? Personally, he has never impressed me with the breadth and agility of his intellect...

--A
Prebe
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Prebe »

Who? Ghandi?
-Hashi Lebwohl
sgt.null
Jack of Odd Trades, Master of Fun

Post by sgt.null »

no Bush. what is the best term then? moron, dweeb, fool?
Lenin, Marx
Marx, Lennon
Good Dog...
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Avatar wrote:Yeah, I dunno, thought you were opposed to PC speak? Personally, he has never impressed me with the breadth and agility of his intellect...

--A
I'm against unfounded claims. I'm also against people editing literature. If someone writes a book, Bush is an Idiot, fair enough back the claims up. Bad speaking is one thing, and does not show poor intellect. Churchill himself had bad grammar (as this is!). Hell, most people do.
Plissken
Lord

Post by Plissken »

LM, the evidence of Bush's idiocy has far more breadth and depth than poor grammar - especially poor grammar at a Churchhillian level. Perhaps Raving Sociopath suits you beter?
Labeling the president a “dry drunk,” Frank goes on to detail how Bush’s fear of falling off the wagon — and the resultant avoidance he displays toward any situation(s) that might threaten his tenuous sobriety — forces him into a rigid and narrow routine of behavior, as well as a continual pattern of escape … that, along with the inflexible dogma espoused by his strict Christian beliefs, forms Bush’s intolerant and paranoid, black-and-white worldview — where he fancies himself a de facto Old West lawman, on the trail of an elusive roaming posse of ne’er-do-well evildoers. Whether he’s fighting terrorism abroad or political foes at home, Frank writes, Bush “shows a rigid inability to consider the idea that anything in his own behavior might qualify as destructive; instead he projects such impulses onto his many perceived persecutors, to maintain his sense of self.” Such self-righteous and pious crusading is at the heart of every decision Bush has made since becoming president in 2001.
www.rawstory.com/exclusives/mayhew/bush ... _71804.htm
“If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.”
-- James Madison

"If you're going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you." - George Bernard Shaw
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Plissken wrote:LM, the evidence of Bush's idiocy has far more breadth and depth than poor grammar - especially poor grammar at a Churchhillian level. Perhaps Raving Sociopath suits you beter?
Labeling the president a “dry drunk,” Frank goes on to detail how Bush’s fear of falling off the wagon — and the resultant avoidance he displays toward any situation(s) that might threaten his tenuous sobriety — forces him into a rigid and narrow routine of behavior, as well as a continual pattern of escape … that, along with the inflexible dogma espoused by his strict Christian beliefs, forms Bush’s intolerant and paranoid, black-and-white worldview — where he fancies himself a de facto Old West lawman, on the trail of an elusive roaming posse of ne’er-do-well evildoers. Whether he’s fighting terrorism abroad or political foes at home, Frank writes, Bush “shows a rigid inability to consider the idea that anything in his own behavior might qualify as destructive; instead he projects such impulses onto his many perceived persecutors, to maintain his sense of self.” Such self-righteous and pious crusading is at the heart of every decision Bush has made since becoming president in 2001.
www.rawstory.com/exclusives/mayhew/bush ... _71804.htm
Not raving, nor an idiot, by that article. Sure he's like a cowboy, but the sort of behaviour he's exhibiting has been mirrored in the past by other politicians.

Again, I don't like him much, but he's no idiot.

Post by Avatar »

I'm afraid I haven't seen much evidence to support your claim, but I'd be more than willing to consider some... :lol:

--A
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Avatar wrote:I'm afraid I haven't seen much evidence to support your claim, but I'd be more than willing to consider some... :lol:

--A
I think it's largely the media. You know, you get 10,000 articles saying he's silly, or 10,000 posts on the internet, and suddenly it becomes fact.

Post by Avatar »

The media doesn't have to say he's silly, it only has to broadcast him speaking.

The evidence at least, while it may not be proof, makes a strong case, don't you think?

--A
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Avatar wrote: The evidence at least, while it may not be proof, makes a strong case, don't you think?

--A
Your talking to an expert in intelligence here (modestly speaking ;) ). No, I don't think it makes a great case.

Return to “Coercri”