Pantheon 1.0 - GAME OVER

Moderator: Xar

Argothoth
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Argothoth »

Hail to all deities!
I'm here to proclaim the foundation of a new mighty order: The Graveguards !
I think that it's necessary to protect my followers, my worshipers, my children, from the enemies that could attack us.

We unlive in peace, seeking only knowledge and to rule over time.
But some events that appened recently show that the peace isn't over the entire world. So I found myself in need to creating this order, to ensure the protection of my children from external menaces.

Best regards.
Argothoth
Death is the threshold through which life eternal is reached.
Saving Eiran is the main reason for existing.
Embrace Death as the best means towards this goal.

The most powerful god in Eiran Pantheon 2.0
Divine Rank: 11
Total Worshipers and Prevalent Race: 2.411.443 (undead humans)
Marv
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Marv »

A small village in the northern part of the world grows in malice and power, until in the next months it attracts mercenaries and creatures of darkness, which then start marching against nearby villages. From the fearful whispers of the horrified survivors, only one thing can be understood: Nephirthos, god of malice and chaos, has risen.

my enlightened brothers and sisters,

i am sure you are already aware of the growing evil festering in the North. followers already flock to Nephirithos' dark banner. it would appear he has used some of his shadowy power to hide his movements from us for a time. or perhaps in our divinity we were too arrogant and failed to see what we should. regardless, this is something we cannot continue to overlook. none of us are safe from such an unhinged mind. i would suggest a council of war. i am willing to use the next three months(*the turn after this*) preparing a small force in protection of my own lands and followers but also a force to come to the aid of all that require it against such despite. i sincerely hope that together we can stand against this madness.

these are not conclusions i come to easily however, and i am conflicted in my belief of personal rather than collective empowerment, perhaps i can persuade my followers that it is their prospects that are at stake. my task in this would be made easier if i first explored all other options. i would appeal to the Great God of Love, Bhakti,(whom i would deem the most qualified) to send an emissary as soon as he sees fit, so we can better understand this threat and perhaps stop it before it has gone too far.

Ordaine Naturale
It'd take you a long time to blow up or shoot all the sheep in this country, but one diseased banana...could kill 'em all.

I didn't even know sheep ate bananas.
Bhakti
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Bhakti »

One wonders how the forces of Chaos, who, by Divine decree, live in a state of disorder, manage to march as a unit.

I do not think, however, I will send an emissary to his death. Heh. More thought is required. Must go to my thinking spot...
I am the self-fulfilling prophecy. Give love, and you WILL receive love. Let your every answer, your every action and reaction, your every desire, be rooted in love.
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

For the sake of Knowledge, which all know I hold sacred, and for the benefit of us all, I have initiated contact with Nephirithos, in order to seek a greater understanding, in the hope that we may avert conflict for the moment. I await his response.

In addition, I have accepted the kind proposal of Bhakti to turn the ancient ruins his followers have unearthed into a new centre of learning, where the Knowledge of the Old Gods may one day be available to all who can learn it. If the site is close enough to Ai-Bhakti to be convenient, it shall be the site of the Library of the Codex of Bhakti as well.

Despite the stubborness of Bethel Junel, the one-time follower of Amplarx, my Cleric, already en route to found the great Academy, will continue his journey and fulfill his duty. The spell-book may be lost for now, but Amplarx has seen the value of codifying his teachings that his followers hall better know what is expected of them, and to this end, the Academy will continue and prosper.

Post by Avatar »

My embassy to Nephirthos has been recieved peacefully, if not particularly graciously, and returned whole in limb and mind.

These are the words of Nephirthos:
Nephirthos wrote:I find it laughable that many fear me, even though my power is somewhat… minimal but then again numbers means little nowadays, 500 men who believe in love and honour Vs 100 men consumed by hatred and malice, the outcome would be interesting. If they feel so threatened that they cower in their temples, plotting against a force defenceless to the size of their followers, where is the love and honour now? My domain is the far north, anything within that shall be consumed by the malice. If they want to go through with their petty assault then let them come. They shall fall at the gates of Darkmoon, fallen to the malice.
Challenging though they are, they may be interpreted another way also. That if his domain is respected, he will, for now at least, confine himself to it.

Which interpretation is correct, and which course of action is correct, I leave to your deliberations.

Argothoth
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Argothoth »

I think that we can't attack first.
We can't give at Nephirthos a reason to attack us.
We must wait, patiently, until something more appens.

Post by Avatar »

I support Argothoth in this. Build defences if you feel it necessary, but unprovoked attacks are not the answer.

Argothoth
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Argothoth »

Thanks Avatar,
I exhort you to build military or magical defences to ensure the protection of your followers.
Last edited by Argothoth on Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

I'd like to note that for the minute, Maeror is not attacking Nephirthos, nor will he interfering with his followers. The god's concern is only for the comfort of those affected by he and his followers actions.
Bhakti
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Bhakti »

I have mentioned it with some during private discussions, and Nephirthos just brought it up. I thought I would let all know where I stand on one issue. I do not have an army. Love does not march to war. It is my hope that my worshipers will eventually include some with great knowledge in this area, and will make Ai-Bhakti as impregnable as possible. While I will not attack, Love is not pacifism, so my followers can defend themselves when necessary.

It is my stronger hope that I will not be attacked!! 8O :lol: My methods and goals are not of the sort that anyone should feel the need to attack me, but one never knows...
I am the self-fulfilling prophecy. Give love, and you WILL receive love. Let your every answer, your every action and reaction, your every desire, be rooted in love.
Argothoth
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Argothoth »

Sometime there is no a real reason to make a war.
The chaos and the disorder make war just because it is the best way to achieve their goals...
So be prepared !

Post by Avatar »

Sadly true. But Chaos is as essential to the fabric of reality as Order is.

--A
Argothoth
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Argothoth »

I agree with you Avatar, but we cannot permit that chaos or other kind of menace find us not ready to defend ourself.

I don't want the end of the existance of chaos, I'm just saying that we must be ready to defend ourself.

Post by Avatar »

It is certainly wise to be prepared for the worst.

--A
Marv
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Marv »

Justice will find Nephirthos in the end.
It'd take you a long time to blow up or shoot all the sheep in this country, but one diseased banana...could kill 'em all.

Xar
Lord

Post by Xar »

Everyone welcome Toringian, god of War ;)
Argothoth
<i>Elohim</i>

Post by Argothoth »

Hail to you, Toringian!
May the war be the last of our business !

Toringian, God of War
Servant of the Land

Post by Toringian, God of War »

I am the Lord of Battle and war is my business. But I am not an ally of Chaos nor a supporter of destruction. Love and Hate have no place in battle.

Hail to the gods!
Queeaqueg
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Queeaqueg »

I feel my chaos has spread amongst you all. Most wish to attack me. Attack if you will but keep in mind I have not attacked anyone. It dawned on me, though, if you attack me then you all go against what you stand for; Honour, justice, and love. If I am left alone, then chaos and malice will spread. Either way you choose you shall bring more pain, hatred and malice and the inventible chaos for which I seek.
DEATH IS A PREFERABLE ALTERNATIVE TO COMMUNISM!
Marv
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Marv »

a clever God can fight in the name of anything he chooses.

i would say we have conducted ourselves in an orderly fashion thus far in respect to your chaos. but, as you have stated, while there is a chance for peace between us i would rather keep it that way. i trust all is well in the north my lord,

Ordine Naturale.

Return to “Pantheon”