How do you feel today?

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

MsMary
The Gap Into Spam

Post by MsMary »

I have had a bad headache all day, for some reason, maybe lack of sleep. I slept all day yesterday in preparation for working last night, then was cancelled for the third time in a row. :x As a result of sleeping all day, I stayed up way too late last night, then got up after 5 hours sleep so I wouldn't totally throw off my nights and days.

Maybe a good night's sleep tonight will help.

Maybe the headache's part aggravation, too, cause I want to work, not get cancelled shift after shift. :(
"The Cheat is GROUNDED! We had that lightswitch installed for you so you could turn the lights on and off, not so you could throw lightswitch raves!"
- I'm always all right.
- Is all right special Time Lord code for really not all right at all?

- You're all irresponsible fools!
- The Doctor: But we're very experienced irresponsible fools.

THOOLAH member since 2005

EZBoard Survivor
onewyteduck
The Gap Into Spam

Post by onewyteduck »

Antsy. Leaving at the crack of dawn tomorrow for Colorado. First real vacation we've taken in years. And I just know I'm going to forget something! :lol:
Be kind to your web-footed friends, for a duck may be somebody's mother.
ChoChiyo
The Gap Into Spam

Post by ChoChiyo »

safetyjedi wrote:Yesterday was very emotional for us. Today is looking much better but we miss our son greatly!

How did your interview go Cho?
Glad you are coping well....My affection goes out to you and your family.

My interview went well. I was worried that the reporter might view (and later portray) me as a pathetic loser--it was an interview for people who write in on-line journals/blogs and participate in discussion forums.

But he turned out to be a SF geek too, and we had a nice chat about Marvel and DC comics as well as blogging and interpersonal relationships on the internet.

I told him that the internet was "GEEK NATION."

Heh heh heh

Empress Cho hammers the KABC of Evil.

"If Ignorance is Bliss, Ann Coulter must be the happiest woman in the universe!"

Take that, you Varlet! :P
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Post by duchess of malfi »

Feeling good. :D My older son is probably at the airport in Madrid now, getting ready for the first leg of his trip home. 8)

Poor kids will be in airports and in airplanes for nearly 24 hours (they have huge layovers in Paris and New Jersey) -- but when I get home from work tomorrow he will be home. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Love as thou wilt.

Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Cool! Hope he had a good time. :)

--A
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Tired.

Hey - I'll give 50,000 WGDs to anyone who can find me info on gravity as a fundamental force of nature (as in Strong, Weak, Electromagnetic, and Gravity). I got nothin' but relativity here.
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

Weird. I am feeling weird today.

A combination of happiness that my son will be home tonight, and exhaustion and stress from work. I woke up crying, too, from a dream that I had. :? :? :? :?

We have this one patient in our hospital, who would be dead except for the life support. We have done everything possible for him that medical science can do. But his family won't let us withdraw support. That is, of course, their right. And we can and will keep his body going for quite sometime. But this guy is on all sorts of narcotic drips, paralytic agent drips, getting bedside dialysis, and so forth and so forth and so forth. We can keep his body going, but there is nothing whatsoever we can do to heal him. I feel like we are keeping him alive just to torture him at this point. :( :( :( very depressing. And this has gone on for a week now, poor man. :( :( :(
Love as thou wilt.

Cheval
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cheval »

Relieved!
The "Richard Cranium" that I work with is being transfered to a job-site in St. Petersburg while I am transfered to another part of Tampa, near Busch Gardens!!!
(Shiekra, here I come!)
Last edited by Cheval on Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Have you hugged your arghule today?
that unleashed the power of our imagination -
we learned to talk."

It's 4:19...
gotta minute?
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

onewyteduck wrote:Antsy. Leaving at the crack of dawn tomorrow for Colorado. First real vacation we've taken in years. And I just know I'm going to forget something! :lol:

Where to in Colorado? I live in Lakewood, but very close to Golden, which is a suburb of Denver, which is in Colorado, which is in the US, which is in....well, I think I should stop.
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life
danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

Hey pass me a Coors! :cheers: I'm antsy too as I should get the heck off the net and work on my Independant Project for class--I've kicked ass on my oral exam, midterm and group project. I know I can pull it off tomorrow (it's due Friday morning) but I don't want to even come close to my second all-nighter in a week--I am way too damm old for that! Later: off to the word processor.

(safetyjedi: your son is in our prayers)
fall far and well Pilots!
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

My son was supppsed to be landing in Detroit an hour from now. But my hub just called to say that the flight had been delayed, then outright cancelled because of bad weather in New Jersey. So now I won't see my big guy until sometime tomorrow. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Love as thou wilt.

High Lord Tolkien
Excommunicated Member of THOOLAH

Post by High Lord Tolkien »

I'm exhausted again.
Filled the 5 sonitubes with concrete for my ongoing deck project.
https://thoolah.blogspot.com/

[Defeated by a gizmo from Batman's utility belt]
Joker: I swear by all that's funny never to be taken in by that unconstitutional device again!

Image Image Image Image
Seareach
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seareach »

On top of the world today! :D
kevinswatch
"High" Lord
Location: In the dark, lonely cave that dwells within my eternal soul of despair. It's next to a Pizza Hut.

Post by kevinswatch »

I feel a bit like

but without any

-jay
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

Bored. I have to add 600 words to my essay, and I've only got one little bit left to write. I have no idea how I'm going to pad this out.
On the other hand, it was surprisingly easy to write 2400 words once I stopped worrying too much about sticking closely to the subject matter. When I decided it wasn't actually possible to write 3000 words on just the fundamental forces, all that crap about colour, flavour, and unification just slid right in. I hope I don't get marked down for writing about stuff more advanced than I should for the supposed target audience....

Post by Avatar »

If you do, it's a rip-off.

Easy way to add a few words is an introductory paragraph, setting out your process (unless you have one already, which technically you should), and/or a concluding one, summarising your process.

--A
I'm Murrin
Are you?

Post by I'm Murrin »

I know I'm supposed to do a conclusion, but I can't really think of how I conclude something like this - all I'm doing is discussing some physical properties and stuff, so there aren't really any conclusions to come to - I'm not really trying to answer a question or anything. It's a skills module, so really they're just looking for a well written thing - but I have no idea how to close this essay.

Post by Avatar »

Try and simply summarise the whole paper in two or three paragraphs. That usually counts as an acceptable conclusion.

--A
duchess of malfi
The Gap Into Spam

My son is finally home. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

The kids had quite an adventure coming home.

Their flight in last night from New Jersey was cancelled because of storms. So I headed to the airport this morning to pick him up. I didn't get word in time that this morning's flight was seriously delayed because of more storms. But that was good, as some of the kids' luggage showed up on a different flight hours before they did. 8O 8O 8O

But they finally made it in, safe and sound. 8) 8) 8)

My son was happy to be home. He told me"MOM!!! You would LOVE France. All of the people there have such kind looks on their faces. Everyone there is SO NICE!!!!" He also enjoyed Spain. They got to go to a sword factory in Toledo and he brought one home. It is beautiful. Being 16, he also enjoyed all of the topless beaches in France. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Love as thou wilt.

matrixman
The Gap Into Spam

Post by matrixman »

I feel fine, like that Beatles song says. 8)

As of now, I start a week-long holiday, to be capped next week by a four-day folk music festival! It will be my first time at this annual event, and I'm very much looking forward to the sublime sounds of both local and international artists. :D

Return to “General Discussion Forum”