danlo
Lord

Post by danlo »

Hang in there kid! 8)
fall far and well Pilots!
variol son
The Gap Into Spam

Post by variol son »

Thanks all - it's no big deal, and the good ol' public health system has finally sorted things out, so should be smooth(er) sailing from here.
Avatar wrote:Well, it's official...as soon as I hit my "send" button, I'll be gainfully employed once again, and on Monday I'll be at work.
Yay! Congrats Av! :D
You do not hear, and so you cannot be redeemed.

In the name of their ancient pride and humiliation, they had made commitments with no possible outcome except bereavement.

He knew only that they had never striven to reject the boundaries of themselves.
Seareach
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Seareach »

Hope you're feleing 100% soon VS!

|G to Wadders

I'm bummed out. I'm so tired of living across the road from an old people's home. They drop like flies. But today I found out that one lady (whom I got on quite well with and used to talk to a bit) died...either accidentally or purposefully overdosed on pills. She was sad--lonely. She used to leave little presents for SoS in our mail box and come over and chat with me. The other tenants of the old people's home used to call her the "crazy lady"...and maybe she was a bit (she was bipolar) but I didn't care.

We came home yesterday from a few days away and saw our bins were still out and I had thought to myself it was strange as she usually brought them in for us.

So. Cya Maree. :(
AjK
The Gap Into Spam
Location: Standing in the dark. Watching you glow. Lifting a receiver ...

Post by AjK »

Waddley wrote:I don't want to be melodramatic, but this could very well be the worst day of my life. It's certainly the worst I've felt in recollection.
Waddley, while I sincerely hope you feel better soon I know that unfortunate experiences like that certainly take some time to work through. Just do your best to move forward from here. Take some comfort in your family and friends (and maybe even some KW'ers.) Even the worst day of your life ends and a new one begins. Good luck!
... nobody I know.
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

For Sea, SoS, and Wadds: |G

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

AjK wrote:Even the worst day of your life ends and a new one begins. Good luck!
Unless it doesn't. And if that is the case, you probably won't care after that anyway.
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life
Phantasm
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Phantasm »

Waddley wrote:Just found out that my ex (the one that Luc and CJ met when we came down to SF) is engaged. There goes my plan of going back to him and begging on my knees for forgiveness.

I don't want to be melodramatic, but this could very well be the worst day of my life. It's certainly the worst I've felt in recollection.

That is all.
His loss, not yours.
Quote - John Smeaton (Terrorists take note)

"This is Glasgow- we'll just set aboot ye"

Waddley
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Waddley »

Thanks guys |G I really appreciate it.

I'll be ok... all I have to do is focus on something else. Like Burning Man. Have I mentioned yet that I'm going to go camp in the desert for a week with a bunch of crazy people? I'm really excited about it, and aside from the whole "coming to terms with the biggest mistake I've ever made" thing, it's all I've been thinking about. I have most of my outfits all planned out! (Mostly involving underwear and hats... and fuzzy accessories.) AND I just got my leopard print robe in the mail today. Yay!
"Let my inspiration flow in token rhyme, suggesting rhythm." -Robert Hunter
JazFusion
The Gap Into Spam

Post by JazFusion »

Waddley wrote:Thanks guys |G I really appreciate it.

I'll be ok... all I have to do is focus on something else. Like Burning Man. Have I mentioned yet that I'm going to go camp in the desert for a week with a bunch of crazy people? I'm really excited about it, and aside from the whole "coming to terms with the biggest mistake I've ever made" thing, it's all I've been thinking about. I have most of my outfits all planned out! (Mostly involving underwear and hats... and fuzzy accessories.) AND I just got my leopard print robe in the mail today. Yay!
Awww I wish I was there to cheer you up with a good 'ol gory flick and a tub of ice cream.

My friend went to Burning Man a couple of years ago and she said it was AMAZING!
"Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt." - Kurt Vonnegut
Waddley
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Waddley »

Yeah... about the ice cream. I accidentally the whole tub. The whole tub.

Everyone I've talked to who's gone says it's pretty much a life-changing event. I'm pretty stoked. I could use a life-change. :)
Rigel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Rigel »

It's Friday night, and I'm at home, doing laundry... alone.

My wife and I separated almost two months ago. Needless to say, weekends can be quite dull for me now.

Still, if I can get my laundry done, I may try to go out for a beer before I go to bed.
"You make me think Hell is run like a corporation."
"It's the other way around, but yes."
Obaki, Too Much Information
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

Get that washing done! As I am sure you know (but let's tell the world) Portland has some of the most brilliant brewpubs to be found anywhere.

Which do you favor, Rigel?
Love prevails.
~ Tracie Mckinney-Hammon

Change is not a process for the impatient.
~ Barbara Reinhold

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul.
~ George Bernard Shaw
Rigel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Rigel »

What, which pub, or which brew? :)

I actually only started drinking a few weeks after we'd separated. I grew up Mormon, so I never really tried it.

After I moved out, though, some friends took me out for a few, and got me thoroughly wasted.

So far, I like vodka based drinks more than beer. cranberry-vodka and screwdrivers are my favorites, but I haven't had time to sample too many yet.

But, the place I plan on going has some good pizza, and I haven't eaten yet, so I'll probably just get a beer with it.
Savor Dam
Will Be Herd!

Post by Savor Dam »

My apologies, Rigel, if I have :fim:. It seems to be a particular talent of mine lately.

Enjoy whatever you select to go with your pizza. I suggest trying something a little darker than the usual American-style pilsner. July is Oregon Craft Beer Month, so the barman at your pizza parlor should have something good to suggest.

Approach beer (and all drinking) as a sacrament of fellowship. The adherents of the creed you were raised to follow have good points to make about how abuse of alcohol and other substances ought to be avoided. Total abstinence is clearly not my choice, but getting wasted also is not one I'd encourage.

(meh, this is getting worse by the second!)

May your other life issues swiftly find their appropriate resolution for all parties. Sorry that this is a rough time. I'll pipe down now...
Waddley
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Waddley »

I started with vodka drinks, too. It goes down easy and doesn't make you feel like you're actually drinking. If you want to try another liquor, I'd suggest Jack and Coke. Goes down well, too.

Good luck in your drinking endeavors. A whole new, beautiful world awaits you :)
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Furls Fire wrote:Congrats Av! Hope you like your new job!! :D :D

hey...do you still have that purple hair??? :lol:
Hahaha, thanks Furls. Nah...I figured the mohawk wouldn't come across well in the interview process, so I shaved it off when I started looking for work. It was green by then though. :D

If the new place meets my expectations, I might grow it again...I kinda miss it. :D

--A
Rigel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Rigel »

Waddley wrote: Good luck in your drinking endeavors. A whole new, beautiful world awaits you :)
I think I'm getting used to it. Tonight was the first time I thought the beer tasted good :)

Next time, Savor Dam, I'll take your advice and ask the bartender what they suggest. For now, I've just been drinking Pabst, because its what my housemates drink.
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

Savor Dam wrote:My apologies, Rigel, if I have :fim:. It seems to be a particular talent of mine lately.
Gee, me too. I got my hair cut yesterday, and the lady had several pictures of a little little baby. As I just had a kid recently, I thought we could discuss the joys of new baby after the shampooing was done. After the shampooing, I said, "Are those recent pictures?"
She said, "They are from April. He was born a premie," which I suspected because he was so small. Then she added, "He didn't survive long." Then I noticed that around the pictures was "Our Little Angel." I pretty much kept my mouth shut through the rest of the cut.
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life
Spiral Jacobs
Giantfriend

Post by Spiral Jacobs »

I'm drinking white wine and being annoyed at how complex it is to turn my digital vacation videos to a dvd movie. The version of Nero I got with my pc does it but refuses to add the audio for some reason. Grrrrr.
Furls Fire
Lord

Post by Furls Fire »

Furls Fire wrote:Congrats Av! Hope you like your new job!! :D :D

hey...do you still have that purple hair??? :lol:
Hahaha, thanks Furls. Nah...I figured the mohawk wouldn't come across well in the interview process, so I shaved it off when I started looking for work. It was green by then though. :D

If the new place meets my expectations, I might grow it again...I kinda miss it. :D

--A
LOL!! Well, I could send you all the different colored wigs I got when I was bald from chemo :)
And I believe in you
altho you never asked me too
I will remember you
and what life put you thru.

~fly fly little wing, fly where only angels sing~

~this world was never meant for one as beautiful as you~

...for then I could fly away and be at rest. Sweet rest, Mom. We all love and miss you.

Image Image

Return to “General Discussion Forum”