How do you feel today?

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Xar: I hate when that happens too. Firms will post an opening knowing that they have an internal candidate who's a shoo-in for the job, to get around rules and regs that say every job opening has to be posted. The poor saps from outside who apply don't have an inkling they've been duped into applying for a job they never really had a shot at. I'm surprised that HR person 'fessed up to you.

Sea: adding to the general hugginess -- |G

Chrys: Yay for lovely days! :)

Things are okay here. Had a relaxing weekend and got a lot of stuff done yesterday.

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Chin up Sea. You'll always have us. (And actions do speak louder than words.)

--A
Kaydene
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Kaydene »

Field Trip today! Corn maze, picking pumpkins, hayride, etc with 30 kids. Should be stressful and fun :p
"This is the room where Jezebel frescoed her eyelids with history's tragic glitter." ~Tom Robbins

Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

I had an interesting morning. I woke up and thought, I should check craigslist right now and low and behold there was a brand new posting for a job right up my alley. I called and talked to the guy in charge of hiring and told him a bit of my experience and then faxed him a resume from the office place about 7 blocks away. By the time I got home he was already calling me and the first words out of his mouth were, "How would you like to come in for an interview tomorrow?" so I said, "Yes." Everyone wish me good vibes and karma and whatever else may help.
Now if I could just find a way to wear live bees as jewelry all the time.....

www.fantasybedtimehour.com
Worm of Despite
Lord

Post by Worm of Despite »

Big announcement! Four years of college and I'm going to become a cop... This January I'll be enrolled at cop school, and then my well-toned hide will be inserted into a police uniform, where I will protect the world from incensed hillbillies, Obama voters and the occasional Luddite... My main dream is to spend a few years as a patrol officer, getting used to the outfit, then join a SWAT team. I think I'm too good and in too good a shape to just sit in a patrol car forever, but I'll definitely learn there...

But yeah. My professors wanted me to get a Masters, and I thought I wanted a PhD for awhile, but I think this experience would benefit my writing much more.
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

Wow. That sounds a lot like Rick Castle!
Dandelion don't tell no lies
Dandelion will make you wise
Tell me if she laughs or cries
Blow away dandelion

I'm afraid there's no denying
I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

:hobbes: *

* This post carries Jay's seal of approval
Kaydene
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Kaydene »

Lord Foul wrote:Big announcement! Four years of college and I'm going to become a cop... This January I'll be enrolled at cop school, and then my well-toned hide will be inserted into a police uniform, where I will protect the world from incensed hillbillies, Obama voters and the occasional Luddite... My main dream is to spend a few years as a patrol officer, getting used to the outfit, then join a SWAT team. I think I'm too good and in too good a shape to just sit in a patrol car forever, but I'll definitely learn there...

But yeah. My professors wanted me to get a Masters, and I thought I wanted a PhD for awhile, but I think this experience would benefit my writing much more.
I think, yeah, the better writer is the one who experiences more. You'd definitely meet some interesting people and find some good stories. Are you excited? Is this what you want?
"This is the room where Jezebel frescoed her eyelids with history's tragic glitter." ~Tom Robbins

Worm of Despite
Lord

You actually watch that show dAN? Jesus you must be bored!
Kaydene wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:Big announcement! Four years of college and I'm going to become a cop... This January I'll be enrolled at cop school, and then my well-toned hide will be inserted into a police uniform, where I will protect the world from incensed hillbillies, Obama voters and the occasional Luddite... My main dream is to spend a few years as a patrol officer, getting used to the outfit, then join a SWAT team. I think I'm too good and in too good a shape to just sit in a patrol car forever, but I'll definitely learn there...

I think, yeah, the better writer is the one who experiences more. You'd definitely meet some interesting people and find some good stories. Are you excited? Is this what you want?
Yeah, most def. Not sure why, really, but it promises a good career, builds character and self-defense...I'd rather have a job that keeps me on my feet, my eyes wide open and does something good for the country. I also have this fatalist view of the universe (murder, chaos, and hostility, with civilization being the only embankment against it), so I'd like a job that confronts me against those facts and toughens me up a bit. My grandfather, though, would definitely want me to go get a Masters and a PhD, but I don't like teaching.
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

Lord Foul wrote:You actually watch that show dAN? Jesus you must be bored!
It's one hour a week. It's not like I'm patterning my life after the dude.......
Blow away dandelion

I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Congrats to LF and Jenn! Good vibes coming your way, both of you! :)

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Lord Foul wrote:...I'm going to become a cop...
Uh...yeah...I don't think I can talk to you anymore... ;)

--A
Worm of Despite
Lord

Lord Foul wrote:...I'm going to become a cop...
Uh...yeah...I don't think I can talk to you anymore... ;)

--A
Shut it, anarchist! You never got back on me on the last two parts of my novel. I should be closing you out.

dAN--you watch Castle. Your posts are forever canceled out. The chick in it doesn't even look good.
matrixman
The Gap Into Spam

Post by matrixman »

That's a stunning bit of news, LF. Those are pretty good reasons you gave, though. (Not that you'd give a crap if anybody here disapproved, of course.) :biggrin:
dANdeLION
Lord

Post by dANdeLION »

Lord Foul wrote:
dAN--you watch Castle. Your posts are forever canceled out. The chick in it doesn't even look good.
How do you know what the chick looks like? Oh, that's right, you watch it, so you can pattern your life after it.
Blow away dandelion

I'm just a dandelion
a fate I don't deserve.

High priest of THOOOTP

Auleliel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Auleliel »

I feel like I may finally be getting somewhere in my search for answers.
And I have a headache.
"Persevera, per severa, per se vera." Persist through difficulties, even though it is hard.
Proud Member of THOOOTP.
Buy my best friend's fantastic fantasy book! Pulse is also available here.
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Auleliel wrote:I feel like I may finally be getting somewhere in my search for answers.
And I have a headache.
Coincidence? :lol:

EZ Board Survivor

Auleliel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Auleliel »

aliantha wrote:
Auleliel wrote:I feel like I may finally be getting somewhere in my search for answers.
And I have a headache.
Coincidence? :lol:
Probably unrelated, but it amused me to word it that way. :)
"Persevera, per severa, per se vera." Persist through difficulties, even though it is hard.
Proud Member of THOOOTP.
Buy my best friend's fantastic fantasy book! Pulse is also available here.
matrixman
The Gap Into Spam

Post by matrixman »

Maybe it depends on the nature of the questions Auleliel was trying to find answers to. 8O
Cagliostro
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cagliostro »

The wife, the baby and I have been sick. It's been a whole lot of no fun. Now I'm back at work, and the sky is falling. The snow is supposed to be pretty deep, so I wonder how long I'll be stuck here. Hopefully at 2pm it will be managable.

Nice to hear it Jenn, and sorry to hear it Sea. And Owlie...I have no idea how to feel about your situation.
Last edited by Cagliostro on Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life is a waste of time
Time is a waste of life
So get wasted all of the time
And you'll have the time of your life
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Yeesh, I heard about that snowstorm, Cag. Good luck getting home.... Glad you're feeling better anyhow.

EZ Board Survivor

Return to “General Discussion Forum”