How do you feel today?

Free, open, general chat on any topic.

Moderators: Orlion, balon!, aliantha

wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Auleliel wrote:
wayfriend wrote:
Oh, ho, listen, Man, and we'll tell you everything! Do you hear the waves whispering the secret? We know you know, Man. The secret of life is just sheer joy, and joy is everywhere. Joy is what we were made for. It is in the rush of the nighttime surf and in the beach rocks and in the salt and the air and in the water we breathe and deep, deep within the blood. And the sifting ocean sands and the wriggling silverfish and the hooded greens of the shallows and the purple deeps and in the oyster's crusty shell and the pink reefs and even in the muck of the ocean's floor, joy, joy, joy!
That's beautiful imagery. What is it from?
Neverness, as has been mentioned. Spoken by a very weird dolphin-man, as has not been.
Auleliel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Auleliel »

wayfriend wrote:
Auleliel wrote:
wayfriend wrote:
That's beautiful imagery. What is it from?
Neverness, as has been mentioned. Spoken by a very weird dolphin-man, as has not been.
Somehow that does not surprise me. I actually imagined some dolphin-like creature saying those words as I read them the first time. :)

Today leaves me with mixed feelings of sadness and excited anticipation. It was my last day in my placement student teaching third grade, and next week I will start in a seventh grade classroom. I will miss those little kids, but I am really looking forward to working with seventh graders. This quarter has been a very rewarding experience. I am hopeful that next quarter will be just as (or more) rewarding.
My students gave me a stack of cards telling me how much they will miss me (a few of which say "please don't go" and several of which call me by the wrong name/title--including one person who wrote Mr. in front of my name). Many of them rushed at me with hugs before the final bell of the day. I like hugs. :)
"Persevera, per severa, per se vera." Persist through difficulties, even though it is hard.
Proud Member of THOOOTP.
Buy my best friend's fantastic fantasy book! Pulse is also available here.
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Aww, that's sweet, Owlie. Even the kid who called you Mr. is sweet. :) (Sorry, can't help myself -- :lol: I really do think it's sweet, tho.)

Today was Jeans Day at work, with a catch -- we had to contribute five bucks to Legal Aid for the privilege. There were no "contribution police" checking up on us, so conceivably I could've stiffed Legal Aid and still worn jeans. But Legal Aid is a good cause, so I didn't mind.

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

https://www.hearth-myth.com/
Auleliel
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Auleliel »

aliantha wrote:Aww, that's sweet, Owlie. Even the kid who called you Mr. is sweet. :) (Sorry, can't help myself -- :lol: I really do think it's sweet, tho.)
I definitely thought it was at least cute. And amusing. :)
aliantha wrote:Today was Jeans Day at work
It was jeans day for the staff at my school too. My cooperating teacher half-jokingly told me she'd fail me if I didn't wear jeans, so as reluctant as I was, I wore them.
"Persevera, per severa, per se vera." Persist through difficulties, even though it is hard.
Proud Member of THOOOTP.
Buy my best friend's fantastic fantasy book! Pulse is also available here.
lorin
The Gap Into Spam

Post by lorin »

Wayfriend

Cool avatar! I am shaking with fright and taking solace in tomorrows bowl of candy!
The loudest truth I ever heard was the softest sound.
Immanentizing The Eschaton

Post by Avatar »

Auleliel wrote: It was jeans day for the staff at my school too.
I wear jeans and a t-shirt every day at work...don't think I could work somewhere that didn't allow it.

WF, cool avatar...I wondered what Lorin was talking about...and then caught it changing from the corner of my eye. :D

--A
Orlion
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Orlion »

Avatar wrote:WF, cool avatar...I wondered what Lorin was talking about...and then caught it changing from the corner of my eye. :D

--A
You're all mad, I don't see a thing... wait, what was that? Your madness is spreading! ;)
'Tis dream to think that Reason can
Govern the reasoning creature, man.
- Herman Melville

I am Lazarus, come from the dead,
Come back to tell you all, I shall tell you all!

"All creation is a huge, ornate, imaginary, and unintended fiction; if it could be deciphered it would yield a single shocking word."
-John Crowley
Kaydene
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Kaydene »

Happy Halloween, friends. A short video for you.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ChIi-fvDX0
"This is the room where Jezebel frescoed her eyelids with history's tragic glitter." ~Tom Robbins

aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Creepy...

EZ Board Survivor

"Dreaming isn't good for you unless you do the things it tells you to." -- Three Dog Night (via the GI)

Kaydene
<i>Haruchai</i>

Post by Kaydene »

:-) Yay! My Halloween work is done.
"This is the room where Jezebel frescoed her eyelids with history's tragic glitter." ~Tom Robbins

Orlion
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Orlion »

Kaydene wrote::-) Yay! My Halloween work is done.
Woot! Now it's time for some Halloween fun and debuchery! :nanaparty:
- Herman Melville

"All creation is a huge, ornate, imaginary, and unintended fiction; if it could be deciphered it would yield a single shocking word."
-John Crowley
Harbinger
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Harbinger »

Are those happy condoms? They appear to have reservoir tips.
Never underestimate the power of denial. - Ricky Fitts
Orlion
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Orlion »

There's nothing condoms like more than some Halloween fun and debutchery! :twisted:
- Herman Melville

-John Crowley
Cameraman Jenn
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Cameraman Jenn »

I feel completely wound up like a wind up toy. I just got home a few hours ago from the World Fantasy Convention and it seemed like I was stuck in some crazy twilight zone episode. Totally fun. Whoa.... totally surreal.
Now if I could just find a way to wear live bees as jewelry all the time.....

www.fantasybedtimehour.com
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

You deserved your time to shine. :grinlove:
aliantha
blueberries on steroids

Post by aliantha »

Drained. :crazy: Last night I was on the phone with Magickmaker, who was debating through tears whether to take a semester off in the spring because she still hasn't found a medication that works for her migraines and she's falling behind in her schoolwork again. This morning she was happy/bouncy because she's been chosen to participate in the school's spring break service project in Jamaica. So much for taking the spring semester off.... I tell ya, I'm too old for so much drama!

And I got zero words written for the NaNo novel yesterday. But the ideas are gelling, yay! I may not win this year but I'm making progress...

EZ Board Survivor

wayfriend

Post by wayfriend »

Orlion wrote:
Avatar wrote:WF, cool avatar...I wondered what Lorin was talking about...and then caught it changing from the corner of my eye. :D

--A
You're all mad, I don't see a thing... wait, what was that? Your madness is spreading! ;)
:D
Loredoctor
Lord

Post by Loredoctor »

Tonight I received a devastating blow. I never told anyone, but a couple of close friends, that my relationship ended a few months ago. It had it's issues - both of us were at fault - and it seemed at times they could not be fixed, despite me trying. Given that I won't talk about what they were - I respect confidentiality - I can't say. I stopped hearing from her in May (we were still together), and for six to eight weeks there was not a word. That's partially my fault; I never tried to contact her when I should have. Then I initiate contact, because I missed her, and she wouldn't come around or meet me for dinner. I accepted that. But my feelings were always in the background, and I still missed her. I told her that I loved her and wanted her back a few weeks later, and for a <private> reason she didn't want me back.

Some weeks ago we meet, and there was this painful tension, and it felt sad. I started to realise what I had lost, but I was fine. Then last weekend I couldn't stop thinking about her, wanting a future et cetera. I felt this was never going to happen, so I don't say so to her. I simply ask for my stuff back - fearing that she was drifting away from me.

I went to get my stuff tonight. She wouldn't let me come up to her apartment, and would only meet me at the security door. Hands the books back, and I ask how she is going. She says that she is seeing another guy now - I went still - and she then told me how her current partner is good because has all the qualities I lacked. She didn't 'attack me': It was this passive-aggressive attack 'he's nice, no arguments, open communicator, his parents like me . . .' I couldn't believe it. She had used this guy - not sure if he really exists - to attack me for the relationship's failings. Then she asks me how I am, I say 'fine' and say 'goodbye'.

I can't believe it. What the hell did I do to deserve this? Why do people act this way following a breakup? I guess I know, but her behaviour was unprovoked and immature.

Now I have lost someone I cared deeply for - she's out of my life forever and that is the worst part.
Waddley wrote:your Highness Sir Dr. Loredoctor, PhD, Esq, the Magnificent, First of his name, Second Cousin of Dragons, White-Gold-Plate Wielder!
Menolly
A Lowly Harper
Location: Harper Hall, Fort Hold, Northern Continent, Pern...

Post by Menolly »

I am so sorry, Lore...
Chrysalis
The Gap Into Spam

Post by Chrysalis »

I feel very restless today. The weather is horrid, rain non stop.
"-People think dreams aren't real just because they aren't made of matter, of particles. Dreams are real. But they are made of viewpoints, of images, of memories and puns and lost hopes."

Return to “General Discussion Forum”